TOCAU Licence Plate Frames

theDefiant1

Not being able to stand naked licence plates any longer, I was looking at getting a frame that was affordable and doable.

I didn’t find anything that caught my attention, so I figured I would just have something printed.

What’s that you say? A group buy? Why the hell not?! :idea:

I emailed four groups. (I've narrowed this down to 1 - cheapest and best communication) Below are the details – I tried to standardise them all for a good comparison. All say that the frames must be the same design, so if you want something special… well you can’t with this group buy. I *think* these are all screen prints – they are not raised prints, but I can ask when I email them next.

Please read carefully – plates are sold singly

Quantities and costs: (with this place, if you want 2, double costs)

< 50 = $12.95; > 50 = $9.95

Postage = $4.95 or bulk discount for > 30.

Text colours (standard): black, white, blue, green, red, yellow, silver, gold

Plate colours (standard): black, white, blue, chrome (which is more $$$)

Plate colours (slimline): black, white

Limitations: it seems like only 28 on the Bottom including Spaces, 40 on the top.

This place (and I must say the email they sent was very nice), offered vinyl sticker printing services. Who would like a 50x50cm Toyota insignia on their rear window?

au.toyotaownersclub.com is 23 characters, so I recommend this be on the bottom line.

Any ideas on the top line? We’ll have to go with the consensus.

I've got ones printed with "I am the Stig" but have since taken them off. If you want every tom d!ck and harry to give you a run or cut you off, then this will do it.

we got different size plates in NSW.

which plates are these designed to fit? only the basic black text/yellow background ones?

if they fit the smaller white background/black text ill be interested.

Yes... I'm sorry guys, I made it far too complex. I will simplify the choices in the next day or 2.

I will also make sure that the printers offer both standard and slimline plates.

Been a busy busy day - what happens when you get a public holiday - they squeeze 4 days worth of patients into 3, and then 2 staff members go on leave... you get the picture.

Yes, I will get back to you.

My dear moderators: any issues with doing this? No copyright infringements?

plus another thing - with regards to the choice of colours...

when you order them, will all the frames be printed in the same single colour or do we get to choose our own individual colours when we order?

It's all good mate :)

Although I do recommend keeping the same font as our banner or logo. Can they do that?

Also, maybe having au.toyotaownersclub.com on the bottom and TOCAU on the top or vice versa. That way when people see TOCAU or hear people mention it, they know what it means.

Great idea though. Props to you :)

It's all good mate :)

Although I do recommend keeping the same font as our banner or logo. Can they do that?

Also, maybe having au.toyotaownersclub.com on the bottom and TOCAU on the top or vice versa. That way when people see TOCAU or hear people mention it, they know what it means.

Great idea though. Props to you :)

have it in mirror image.... :)

hey, get this in production progress fast fast, start thinking of it, i m sooo interested, get 3 sets!!! 1 for camry 1 aurion, 1 standby IN CASE STOLEN by any toyota lovers!!!

Just a quick update: place 3 has been dropped due to the fact that it would be impossible trying to figure out how to pay the $50 setup fee.

I love you guys, but not that much.. ;)

The delay right now is me... but I'm getting there.

It does look, however, that the price for 2 frames is $30, including postage. Though, getting frames from say supercheap, is about the same price. So it isn't any cheaper, but we get something personalised and unique.

I have finally chosen a place. They are the cheapest (in quantities less than 100), and have been good communicators, and are Aussie owned and run. They also do other things like print vinyl stickers...

A set will cost approx $30 (including postage), but hopefully this will come down somewhat as people show interest / put in orders. You can buy singly as well.

This place also offers slimline frames.

I will email them and find out what the story is with have different shapes and colours made, or if it is a single-set run through.

Okey dokey, here's more info for you:

Standard Size:

Black, White & Blue (can get chrome but cost extra)

Slimline:

White & Black

Text Colours Available:

Black, White, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Gold, Silver.....pretty much any colour of the rainbow - if its not listed - just ask.

You can get whatever colours you want, under 2 conditions:

1) The message is the same on ALL of the frames (which is the point in this exercise)

2) As long as this is a bulk order. This has not been defined as yet, however, the price should not be more than $30 posted. The more people buying, the cheaper the cost, but the sellers are not stating anything yet.

So please show your interest now so that I can give them a rough idea of how many to order.

And we still need to figure out what to put on the frames!

Regards to the Fish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...