Fleet Discount vs Individual Discount

AndrewC

Hi as some of you know, I'm going to purchase a Aurion soon. I was wondering how much of a discount can I get on a fleet discount compare to an individual person haggling for a lower price?

And is it different from city to city? I'm in perth, and the prices seem I found on the forum seem to be in the Eastern states and man they look like great prices as well.

Actually I'm in the market to buy 2 cars for my business, and a few more in a year or two. So I was wondering also how should I go about asking. Maybe someone can reccommend someone in Perth that can hook me up lol

Thanks

Andrew

Buy at end of month

Tell them you want a good deal no mucking around.. and you are going to be buying more cars from them in the near future..

might not get a huge discout on the first car but the seconds one might be where you clean up :)

I just rang every dealer in the state (QLD at the time) and asked for the best price drive away on what I wanted. got them lower and lower till I found the bottom. Just try each dealer and see what they can do. Trick is to know exaclty what you want, extras make it messy.

Such as silver Aurion ATX.

Keep it simple ! let your fingers do the walking.

Get allt he other bits later - tints and so on if you want them.

The best person to deal with is the fleet manager. Don't just go through one of the floor sales staff.

Make a booking with the fleet manager and tell them exactly what you want - 2 cars now with the possibility of more later.

Also look up Melvin Lau on here, as he works at one of the Perth Toyota dealerships. I think it is Prosser Toyota. He will help you out.

The best person to deal with is the fleet manager. Don't just go through one of the floor sales staff.

1. Floor sales staff don't look after fleet customers

2. You get a quote from your Fleet manager first, this quote will show you how much then go to few dealers, they will stop somewhere but normally not much, only few hundred $ because all of them have to follow a book from Toyota.

BH

Hi guys thanks for the advices. I'll check out car dealers this week and have a chat with them. Melvin Lau, the name sounds familar, he wouldn't be the guy who works in the services dept and owns a corrolla?

Andrew

2. You get a quote from your Fleet manager first, this quote will show you how much then go to few dealers, they will stop somewhere but normally not much, only few hundred $ because all of them have to follow a book from Toyota.

BH

Fleet Manager such as FleetPartners, FleetCare, Custom Fleet ...

BH

my mum just got a quote on her car through her work

brand new sx6 with tinted windows floor matts, metalic paint, light protectors etc

$33000.

dont kno how this applies to u mate, but just something to go off.

my mum just got a quote on her car through her work

brand new sx6 with tinted windows floor matts, metalic paint, light protectors etc

$33000.

dont kno how this applies to u mate, but just something to go off.

I should not post the numbers here but you have posted this therefore I'd like to add:

For normal customers, get the above number + GST + 2,000/2,500. (Quote thru work normally w/o GST, if GST included in the quote your mum will get it less than 30K).

BH

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for dropping my name Borg, but I'd like to clear a few things up. Fleet companies such as Custom Fleet, Nova Lease, Lease Plan - don't usually deal with retail clients such as Andrew don't qualify for an official "fleet discount" as his franchise/company is not registered as a fleet company with TMCA. Most Fleet managers will pass retail clients details back to the retail sales team.

Another thing, Leasing companies do not get you the best deal as most of them have arrangements with specific dealers and they tend to go straight to that dealer rather than properly shop around as they should. On top of that, most fleet companies add their own margin on top of the price given to them by the dealer. So if you do work for a fleet registered comapny, make sure you go out and make grab a few quotes and compare them against the ones from your leasing company.

Hope that helps guys.

I just rang every dealer in the state (QLD at the time) and asked for the best price drive away on what I wanted. got them lower and lower till I found the bottom. Just try each dealer and see what they can do. Trick is to know exaclty what you want, extras make it messy.

Such as silver Aurion ATX.

Keep it simple ! let your fingers do the walking.

Get allt he other bits later - tints and so on if you want them.

Also I would like to add, the above strategy is very common and works resonably well. But what you will find with that is dealers will just quote what we call in the industry a "too good to be true" price, which aims at getting you in the dealership, and once you get there, they break the bad news to you. So if you are to do this, please ask for written quotes and not take their word over the phone.

Another thing, Leasing companies do not get you the best deal as most of them have arrangements with specific dealers and they tend to go straight to that dealer rather than properly shop around as they should. On top of that, most fleet companies add their own margin on top of the price given to them by the dealer. So if you do work for a fleet registered comapny, make sure you go out and make grab a few quotes and compare them against the ones from your leasing company.

Hope that helps guys.

As I've posted: just get few numbers and then shopping around but don't tell the sales person.

BH