My new 2000 Corolla AE112R Liftback (Photos)

Hi Guys and Gals,

Being a total newbie to this car world thing, you'll have cut me some slack. I'm picking up my new Corolla this week and looking forward to undertaking a few minor mods to get it looking and running better than it does at the moment. In its current state it's a factory standard 2000 Corolla Ascent AE112R Liftback, ocean blue and in awesome condition, pretty boring if you ask me but I picked it up for $8000 with only 100,000kms so I shouldn't complain. I'm not at all looking to spend thousands of dollars on this thing, I just want to do a few basic mods to at least get it looking and sounding better, so it doesn't look like my grandmas car...

My planned mods (if you would call them that) are listed below. It would be awesome if anyone could recommend particular brands to look out for, or point out any other small mods I could do, or get done without it costing me too much coin.

-Planned Mods are in this order-

1.Tinted windows (Darkest Legal)

2.Air Filter (Preferably Pod Filter)

3.Headlights (Just Those halogen light bulbs)

4.Replace factory standard sound system

5.Possibly, a basic performance Exhaust when $ permit

6.Possibly some cheap second-hand Rims when $ permit

7. Anything else guys? Maybe you could suggest your list of "best bang for ya buck mods"

BTW, I'm in Brisbane.

P.S., This forum is awesome, I'm learning lots fast...

Cheers,

Tim

post-5642-1191720503_thumb.jpg

post-5642-1191720528_thumb.jpg

post-5642-1191720544_thumb.jpg

good to see another ae112..

anyways, imo its not worth doing any performance (power) mods to the 7afe. lower it and put a body kit on it and change ur exhaust system and air filter if u need more power to climb up the hills

I'd rather have a slow car that looks good rather than a car with mods that is still slow. When you get enough money do an engine swap.

just my thoughts.

woot another 112 owner :yahoo: . Yeah I'm a brissie owner too. Looks like you got yourself a very good buy there.

Well looks like you're doing something different to me. But what you have listed above is pretty much spot on. if you don't want to spend heaps. BUt there is heaps of things you can do still without breaking the bank.

- pretty much change colour of lights of dash cluster and interior light. boot light can be changed to neon or LED.

- Intake with K&N panel or Pod filter you can change the piping to 3 inch with 2 into 3 connector from intake plenum to airbox and another 3 inch from airbox to front bar or even use heat sheild.

- full exhaust (4-2-1 extractors, cat, nice twin tip muffler like on sportivos)

- if the car is manual get short shifter

- can change the backing colour of the dash cluster

- if you want to change comestic looks... get a sportivo bodykit or even just the sportivo or levin front spoiler

- paint your brake calipers and drums to very high heat blue or silver or red (I did mine silver to retain standardish look)

- get a genuine rear spoiler and even change brake light to LEDs

- change side guard repeaters/indicators to crystal look

- paint door handles and rear garnish same colour as car

- remove front bar grill plastics and replace with black grill mesh

- paint in very high heat engine enamel the rocker covers

um thats all i can think of now as I've done some of the above and will be doing more when I'm on uni holidays. But yeah as rotciv has said... it ain't really something you'd modify like crazy. I'm going the show and shine route most likely but may possibily later on go forced induction route or engine conversion.

Edited by cheungah

I've got a full stereo system for sale to suit your AE112... Head Unit, Speakers, Subs, Amps and Complete Boot Install... How soon were you wanting to get a new system???

Not really looking at a system yet and probably only looking for something simple spekers, head unit and amp. Cheers anyway :clap:

Thanks mate, I'm not really looking to do anything in the way of performance, I agree with roctiv completely. I'd be interested in seeing some photos of what you've done with you 112 to give me an idea of the cosmetic things I could do. I will deffinately be looking into the intake with K&N, how much would I be looking at for the exhaust you listed? Wouldn't mind doing some of the lighting changes you also listed (Brake, Headlight upgrades) how would I go about getting something like that done (or could I do it myself? if so where do I get stuff like led's etc...)

Sorry for all the questions! I'm definitely a newbie to all this and am pretty keen about getting something started soon.

Cheers mate.

woot another 112 owner :yahoo: . Yeah I'm a brissie owner too. Looks like you got yourself a very good buy there.

Well looks like you're doing something different to me. But what you have listed above is pretty much spot on. if you don't want to spend heaps. BUt there is heaps of things you can do still without breaking the bank.

- pretty much change colour of lights of dash cluster and interior light. boot light can be changed to neon or LED.

- Intake with K&N panel or Pod filter you can change the piping to 3 inch with 2 into 3 connector from intake plenum to airbox and another 3 inch from airbox to front bar or even use heat sheild.

- full exhaust (4-2-1 extractors, cat, nice twin tip muffler like on sportivos)

- if the car is manual get short shifter

- can change the backing colour of the dash cluster

- if you want to change comestic looks... get a sportivo bodykit or even just the sportivo or levin front spoiler

- paint your brake calipers and drums to very high heat blue or silver or red (I did mine silver to retain standardish look)

- get a genuine rear spoiler and even change brake light to LEDs

- change side guard repeaters/indicators to crystal look

- paint door handles and rear garnish same colour as car

- remove front bar grill plastics and replace with black grill mesh

- paint in very high heat engine enamel the rocker covers

um thats all i can think of now as I've done some of the above and will be doing more when I'm on uni holidays. But yeah as rotciv has said... it ain't really something you'd modify like crazy. I'm going the show and shine route most likely but may possibily later on go forced induction route or engine conversion.

Cheers for the tips, yeah I'm just looking at really basic stuff like Intake upgrade and maybe cheap exhaust. Mainly looking at cosmetic improvements like LED's Halogens spoiler etc...

good to see another ae112..

anyways, imo its not worth doing any performance (power) mods to the 7afe. lower it and put a body kit on it and change ur exhaust system and air filter if u need more power to climb up the hills

I'd rather have a slow car that looks good rather than a car with mods that is still slow. When you get enough money do an engine swap.

just my thoughts.

hehe im from brissie too.. anyways heres a pic of my car... still need a side skirt.

The visible cosmetics u can see is the levin front lip, 17's, low kings and eyelids. have a few other lil mods here n there.. but too lazy to take photos :P

post-4595-1191818860_thumb.jpg

oh btw.. its not easy finding spare 2nd parts for our models.. and if u want to buy it from toyota then prepare to leave behind a limb

well I guess since 3 of us are in brissie with 112s we could meet up sometime... see what we all got. Most of my comestics will be done when I get on uni holidays and I'm going up to Gympie where my mate is beater, painter and mechanic to get it all done. Getting full sportivo bodykit (with custom rear bar attachments in the works), new exhaust from cat back to new muffler and suspension.

I suggest instead of a POD filter get a panel filter... far more effective for your or our application. POD needs to be setup properly so that it doesn't suck hot air. Hence you're better off with K&N panel filter with flexi piping as there is very limited room in the corolla.

Exhaust ... well depends how far you want to go what you want etc. I'm planning on going to Drift King Performance & Macs Mufflers at Geebung to get Hurricane or Redback 4-2-1 headers, magnaflow cat and either Zeniti cannon or powerflow twin tip muffler. Most reasonable prices they offer i reckon.

in terms of lights and all Autobarn is where I get all my stuff. Depends what you want to spend.

as rotciv has said... it's very hard to get parts for our cars. I've been to Boondall Wreckers, City Parts Plus, AllJap and only brisbane directories asking and no one seems to have anything for ae112s.

anyways here's my car so far as I've only had it about 2 months. Won't be taking many pics until xmas time when it's going to be worked on hardcore http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11745.

nice looking liftback rotciv. where'd u pick up that lip from and how much?

Edited by cheungah

hey guys

i also have an 112...

i've actually done pretty much all the mods u guys listed, xhaust, stereo, lowered. But i managed to get custom built CAI piped to where resonator box used to be for 130! I already had a K&N air filter so all up max of around $205.

All i'm looking for is Rims...know if i'll have to roll my guards if i go with 17's? cos its already lowered with King Spring super lows...

Hi-tech do a good 4-2-1 Extractors if your looking for some by the way. not too bad a price depending where u get it from.

get 17x6. any bigger and you'll be scrubbing for sure. can ya show us pics of your CAI. I'm pretty interested to know what you got? it run alright?

Edited by cheungah

so you reckon sportivo kit looks **** for the 112s Poggy? I haven't ordered mine as yet as I'm still iffy about getting the skirts. Definite about just getting front lip like RollaBoy though.

so you reckon sportivo kit looks **** for the 112s Poggy? I haven't ordered mine as yet as I'm still iffy about getting the skirts. Definite about just getting front lip like RollaBoy though.

Dont recon sportivo kits look gay, i recon aftermarket bodykits do, i'm planning to get the sportivo kit i nthe future, if you get it make sure you get the genuine one

whats the difference between geniune one compared to say SSV's copy of the sportivo kit... all I notice is that the genuine skirts are 4 piece where as SSV's is 2 peice.

whats the difference between geniune one compared to say SSV's copy of the sportivo kit... all I notice is that the genuine skirts are 4 piece where as SSV's is 2 peice.

Genuine fit nice and snug, others dont and have gaps etc

Welcome to the club! Another 112 in Brissie, a meet sounds like a good idea. I want a few decent photos of a lineup

I've got a white levin 112, king lows, 2 cadence amps, 12" kenwood, kenwood 6"x 9"s on parcel, stock fronts on high pass crossover. Whole system was $900 odd inc cabling and connectors.

Wheels are 17" BSA not sure of the series didn't pay much attention, wheels were $200 ea and tyres were $125 ea. I found the 17's scrub the plastic engine splashguard behind the wheel arch on the left handside at full right lock, as i've had no time to get under it i'm hoping i can loosen the screws and reposition the plastic if not more serious work is required.

Strut's are gabriel ultra's and king low springs which cost $600. I put em in myself after the first attempt at pedders cost me an arm and a leg and ending up wearing out much quicker than expected, i couldn't be bothered going back for warranty, he would have tried to charge me more.

No tint yet when i've had money there was no time and vice versa. Don't wanna go too dark just enough to kill the glare a bit.

I've been contemplating moulding some skirts to suit the levin front end, I like the way the car looks already from the front, but it looks granny from the side even with big wheels. Have to organise a time for a photo shoot too.

Pic of mine here too.

post-2989-1192282910_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rosegum

Ive alway liked thoses white rims, heres my ae112

This is when i first got it

mvc053fya5.jpg

This is how i have made it look, note the silver rims are 17x6.5 and the grey with sliverlip are speedy 18x7's the 18s are on my car currently.

wrc1ic9mv2.jpg

rimsor3.jpg

14040101v8junj1.jpg

rolla3ta1.jpg

rolla1sy3.jpg

Edited by Poggy

Guest dong-soo

7afe..... u guys can easily put 4age engines in then ??

if ur gonna keep the engine standard put in 20v 4age (silver or black)

if ur gonna mod the 4age then use a 16v 4age as they are easier to get more power etc... race 16vs can make 240 and 250 ps !!

late model 4age is a really willing engine (i use smallport) that with simple mods like extractors and airfilter etc will make good power all the way to redline.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys and Gals,

Being a total newbie to this car world thing, you'll have cut me some slack. I'm picking up my new Corolla this week and looking forward to undertaking a few minor mods to get it looking and running better than it does at the moment. In its current state it's a factory standard 2000 Corolla Ascent AE112R Liftback, ocean blue and in awesome condition, pretty boring if you ask me but I picked it up for $8000 with only 100,000kms so I shouldn't complain. I'm not at all looking to spend thousands of dollars on this thing, I just want to do a few basic mods to at least get it looking and sounding better, so it doesn't look like my grandmas car...

My planned mods (if you would call them that) are listed below. It would be awesome if anyone could recommend particular brands to look out for, or point out any other small mods I could do, or get done without it costing me too much coin.

-Planned Mods are in this order-

1.Tinted windows (Darkest Legal)

2.Air Filter (Preferably Pod Filter)

3.Headlights (Just Those halogen light bulbs)

4.Replace factory standard sound system

5.Possibly, a basic performance Exhaust when $ permit

6.Possibly some cheap second-hand Rims when $ permit

7. Anything else guys? Maybe you could suggest your list of "best bang for ya buck mods"

BTW, I'm in Brisbane.

P.S., This forum is awesome, I'm learning lots fast...

Cheers,

Tim

nice, i also have a AE112 but "99"

still saving up for my stereo, and looking for a good body kit, but havnt found a nice one yet.