mtec bulbs

take caution with buying some of the high powered bulbs from ebay. i fit a super white h4, think it was the 4500k one to two of my previous civics after a couple of months found that on both cars one of the headlight wiring on each was burning and plastic connector thing melted. jus something to keep in mind, maybe worth spending that bit extra and purchasing set of HID, seen them on firesport for $140

take caution with buying some of the high powered bulbs from ebay. i fit a super white h4, think it was the 4500k one to two of my previous civics after a couple of months found that on both cars one of the headlight wiring on each was burning and plastic connector thing melted. jus something to keep in mind, maybe worth spending that bit extra and purchasing set of HID, seen them on firesport for $140

Which brand of bulbs did you brought?

that is true

thats one of the reasons i dont buy bulbs on ebay :)

but you also have to take into consideratioon what year your car model is

and if the headlight wire can stand that particular amount of current passing threw it

i suggest you ask your nearest toyota dealer or somthing if your scared that your wire cant stand the current going threw it

well hope you enjoy your MTEC halogens for those who are geting them :lol:

Edited by HaiiSon

that is true

thats one of the reasons i dont buy bulbs on ebay :)

but you also have to take into consideratioon what year your car model is

and if the headlight wire can stand that particular amount of current passing threw it

i suggest you ask your nearest toyota dealer or somthing if your scared that your wire cant stand the current going threw it

well hope you enjoy your MTEC halogens for those who are geting them :lol:

i got the 55w 4350K and the terminal are very hapy bout it :) no prob with it.. now tht i gone for HIDs.. its lovely.. as much as its illegal. but its just.. so much better compare to halogen..

i can't remember what brand the bulbs were but i'll see if i can find the packaging. the other option would be to install a relay so that if the bulbs do pass too much current it wont damage the wiring but jus stop at the relay.

i m actually getting my car service for teh first time, should i bring in the pack and ask toyota service directly. And if its all good, request them to put them on as well??

i can guarantee you they come up with some lame excuse that its crap and it will void the warranty and get u to buy their thousand dollar bulb :)

i m actually getting my car service for teh first time, should i bring in the pack and ask toyota service directly. And if its all good, request them to put them on as well??

i can guarantee you they come up with some lame excuse that its crap and it will void the warranty and get u to buy their thousand dollar bulb :)

that makes sense, they will try to sell you at every moment

so did anyone here with mtec cosmos blue have any heat melting problem??

I'm about to purchase a set, but from ebay.

I know people have been talk about fake bulbs but how can you tell them apart?

If you're getting them from ebay, get them from a seller called Liquidsound. He's also a trader on OzHonda.

He stocks genuine MTEC bulbs.

As for CosmosBlues melting wire, you won't have a problem unless you get the extended wattage ones. The std wattage (55/60W) are fine though they produce about 110/130W, extended wattage will DRAW like 130W and output even more.. lol

So just get the CosmosBlue in std 55/60W. =D

so did anyone here with mtec cosmos blue have any heat melting problem??

I'm about to purchase a set, but from ebay.

I know people have been talk about fake bulbs but how can you tell them apart?

If you're getting them from ebay, get them from a seller called Liquidsound. He's also a trader on OzHonda.

He stocks genuine MTEC bulbs.

As for CosmosBlues melting wire, you won't have a problem unless you get the extended wattage ones. The std wattage (55/60W) are fine though they produce about 110/130W, extended wattage will DRAW like 130W and output even more.. lol

So just get the CosmosBlue in std 55/60W. =D

yeh. thats the guy i m planning to get from