Aurion Sportivo ZR6

Venom

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't putting the Presara grill on the ZR6 defeat the purpose of getting a ZR6 in the first place?

Yeah, I just bought my ZR6 because I liked the grill :lol:

A few people I know of have replaced the sportivo grill with the presara/prodigy grill (me being one). The Prodigy/Presara grill really sets off the front of a Black aurion because of the chrome highlights.

There is no aftermarket grill replacement I know of if thats what you are asking.

Well, seeing as the ZR6 is more of a prodigy masquerading as a SX6

or an SX6 masquerading as a prodigy... either way it falls somewhere in between,

I can see why ZR6 owner would do that!

But for me at the moment, my preference is to keep my muscle looking like muscle and not try to be so pretty! :whistling:

But then again, I'm still just a kid, maybe when I'm as old as you Mkay I'll want a little more 'silver' in my hair! (chrome on the grill in case anyone missed that analogy.

haha :yahoo:

Well, seeing as the ZR6 is more of a prodigy masquerading as a SX6

or an SX6 masquerading as a prodigy... either way it falls somewhere in between,

I can see why ZR6 owner would do that!

But for me at the moment, my preference is to keep my muscle looking like muscle and not try to be so pretty! :whistling:

But then again, I'm still just a kid, maybe when I'm as old as you Mkay I'll want a little more 'silver' in my hair! (chrome on the grill in case anyone missed that analogy.

haha :yahoo:

SX6 & ZR6 sporty? Yes!

Muscle? I don't think so. Unless you just graduated from a four cylinder :lol: (not that there's anything wrong with them)

A bit of silver just adds distinction. :yahoo:

Well, I've just been driving an Avalon for the last 3 years,

So the same applies I guess

I like to think of the Aurion as an "Avalon Evolved"

gosh... that didn't sound so tacky in my head... :unsure:

I don't even want to go to Avalon comparing it to the Aurion, lol.... Unless we are talking about the US Aurion I mean Avalon... : :idea:

Don't be fooled I reckon theres potential in this 2GE engine we have... Look at the IS350, same engine and N/A but managed to produce 230Kw and almost 400nm, and does 0-100km/h at a 'claimed' 5.3sec, that a niiiiceeee kick to the teeth to the Nissan VQ350 on the 350z which has 'claimed' same power but only 350nm torque and half a second slower :P.

I don't even want to go to Avalon comparing it to the Aurion, lol.... Unless we are talking about the US Aurion I mean Avalon... : :idea:

Don't be fooled I reckon theres potential in this 2GE engine we have... Look at the IS350, same engine and N/A but managed to produce 230Kw and almost 400nm, and does 0-100km/h at a 'claimed' 5.3sec, that a niiiiceeee kick to the teeth to the Nissan VQ350 on the 350z which has 'claimed' same power but only 350nm torque and half a second slower :P.

Oh common, there's more than potential in these things, it'll crap all over those other little jap toy cars that kids are 'hooning' around in these days.

Holden and Ford equivalents won't even be able to eat our dust as we'll so darn far ahead!

consequently does anyone know the actually 0-100km time for the Aurion? let me know

Hi Guys,

Has anybody heard of a replacement grill for the Aurion Sportivo ZR6. I would really like to get rid of the big T logo on the front.

Cheers

Venom

Hello Venom,

I have a Presara and decided the Grill needed a touch up, this may not suit your tastes and as I dont know the colour of your car, but if its Black I think it would really stand out.

P.S. I've also had the Emblem and the Text on the Boot Gold Plated.

Derek

post-5068-1195455644_thumb.jpg

Edited by DerekD

Oh common, there's more than potential in these things, it'll crap all over those other little jap toy cars that kids are 'hooning' around in these days.

Holden and Ford equivalents won't even be able to eat our dust as we'll so darn far ahead!

consequently does anyone know the actually 0-100km time for the Aurion? let me know

Err Yeah thats what I was implying, Im getting the feeling the 2GE is somewhat tuned for economy given our same engine makes 230kw on the IS model.... :whistling:

From what I remember Aurion claimed around ~7.2sec mark

Err Yeah thats what I was implying, Im getting the feeling the 2GE is somewhat tuned for economy given our same engine makes 230kw on the IS model.... :whistling:

From what I remember Aurion claimed around ~7.2sec mark

Well youre not really comparing apples with apples with the Aurion and IS350 engine.

IS350 has 2GR-FSE, the main difference being direct injection fuel delivery (+ conventional port fuel injection as well strangely enough). 232kW, 377Nm... and with the direct injection the 2GR-FSE is considerably more efficient than the 2GR. 2GR-FSE has made it into the worlds top 10 best engines 2 years running now.

Well youre not really comparing apples with apples with the Aurion and IS350 engine.

IS350 has 2GR-FSE, the main difference being direct injection fuel delivery (+ conventional port fuel injection as well strangely enough). 232kW, 377Nm... and with the direct injection the 2GR-FSE is considerably more efficient than the 2GR. 2GR-FSE has made it into the worlds top 10 best engines 2 years running now.

so could you get the 232kw out of the aurion engine by swapping the ecu with the is350 chip?

so could you get the 232kw out of the aurion engine by swapping the ecu with the is350 chip?

No u cant..., because of the dual system you wont be able to, Aurion has only one.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the economy like on the 2GR-FSE compared to the 2GR-FE?

I had always thought the FE was directly injected anyway, from what I could tell from a quick glance, but I haven't really investigated it much yet...

It would be interesting to see what these engines are capable of though, although in many ways, it seems that they have been extremely well designed from the ground up to be performing quite well compared to many stock engines in other cars.

• 1 month later...

Fun police...... Back to the subject. :whistling:

Personally I dont like the "Presara" grill, too much silver. But the Sx6 has a big ugly silver thing in the middle to. Wonder if it's worth painting black ?

I would go for something more plain.