Bugga!

Zeus

Some of you may or may not know that I was hit back in April by this crazy b#@! Um... motorist that admitted to being at fault but told their insurance company something completely different! Anyway we're now paying for the damage ($1,320) and I will post a pic of how it looks after it's fixed, when I pick it up in a week or so.

post-5043-1194851081_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zeus

I'm a P plater, and they always treat us like scum no matter what! That and I only had third party insurance at the time. Besides if it went the other way I would have had to pay $1,000 excess anyway. I didn't have to pay the other person, I made sure of that!

You shouldn't have to pay for anything, regardless mate.. if she's at fault, you shouldn't have to be out of pocket for anything... you gave up too easily my friend. Regardless of what insurance you have, you should be getting that fixed, with no claim to your name either.

You shouldn't have to pay for anything, regardless mate.. if she's at fault, you shouldn't have to be out of pocket for anything... you gave up too easily my friend. Regardless of what insurance you have, you should be getting that fixed, with no claim to your name either.

Definitely check with your insurance as it wasnt your fault even though you are on your Ps.

I actually keep a cheap camera in my car (hidden, or course)(no, I don't have a camera phone) just for such said problems. I would even go so far as to record any conversations onto the phones recorder if agreed upon. Also, there is no substitute for writing down the events and getting each other to sign it.

I realise this info is useless to you right now, but it may be in the future.

Also, just one little observation: just looking at the position of the damage, it would have been difficult for you to have purposely caused it... you MUST get an insurance firm assessor out to inspect the damage. After all, lodging a fraudulent insurance claim is illegal and an offense. If you don't, and go through insurance to fix the car, your insurer may not renew your contract resulting in insurance exclusion, and you'll find it difficult to get insurance in the future.

That all said, I just read that you only had 3rd party. But that's fine - find out who her insurer is, state what happened, and invite their assessor for inspection of both vehicles.

Was her car damaged?

find out who her insurer is, state what happened, and invite their assessor for inspection of both vehicles.

Was her car damaged?

I took my car to an RAA repairer (her insurance was RAA) and they inspected the damage. But nothing changed. They couldn't tell who was at fault, but they thought that ether both people were at fault or I was at fault. I got a final letter from them a few months back saying "We're willing to not pursue recovery for the damage caused to our client's vehicle, however if you continue to pursue your claim for damages we will be pursuing recovery for damages together with costs."

So basically they black mailed me!!! Her car was damaged but quoted at only $808. I hate the RAA! I will not let it happen again!

I've had a few run in with dickheads (sorry there is no other word that suffices ) and I've learnt that when this stuff happen trust no one. They might be good looking or really friendly.... but they will screw you the first chance they get.

I keep a note pad and pen in my car. when it happens, and your not at fault you want their details: name, License #, address, what ever you can get. DONT take there word for it. get them to get there license out. and you write the details off the license.( I had some clown tell me some bull****, I only knew he was tellin me crap cause he said he lived in the same neighbor hood as me and the street he told me didnt exist. lucky for me aswell the cops came around the corner, and he begged me not to tell them that he gave false info)

also get as much detail about there car as possible, colour, model, make, shape, existing damage, NUMBER PLATE, any identifiable marks/characteristics

the more info you have the better you will be when you claim insurance. Think of it this way, your insurance doesnt wanna pay for it, so they is either going to take it out of you or them. Last thing you want to do is pay for someone else's stuff up.

Also if you have a camera phone that takes good quality photos use it (otherwise like theDefiant1 keep a cheapy in ya car, if ya have a accident it will pay itself off), take pics of the damage of your car and there car and the surroundings area.

Ultimately you have to get enough info to clear your name and prove that they were without a doubt the one responsible no questions asked. It might seem like a bit of work, but its better then paying for damage or excess that you shouldnt really be paying for.

This is not law and its only what I do, and what ive learnt. Something else that might help is ring your insurance company and ask them what they will need to know and write these down and keep em in the car, so you know what questions to ask.

Tho its no good to you now :P next time and for peoples who are yet to fall victim to nitwits who dont pay attention.

Hope everything works out for you