eonon dvd/cd players

stuart bauer

Yes these units are great i have 2 of them ... indash 7inch TV(single din) 1x DVD player plus rearveiw mirror on the way and 1 x indash gauges ....and 1 x rearview camera already installed

Trying to work out how the double Din units fit ... I can get good prices on there stuff

Was going to get double DIn touchscreen but the motorised screen may be a problem.

I would like to see what double Din DVD units people have installed

Edited by DrivInGScHool

hey stuart,

I know i'm a new user but right now I'm in a sh!t battle with these guys to get my money back.

I bought 7" TFT non motorised screen + x2 9" TFT headrest monitors + reverse camera.

The background:

I drive my is200 on weekends only so I wasn't after a unit that will play all day everyday but just something I can play for 12hours at most a week. Well anyway, I found those guys and yes their price was extremely competitive.

BUT...

After installing the headunit cooked within minutes... I think ohh fu(k, I hooked it up wrong but no, it was all fine with no wiring problems. This as a side effect caused one of the headrests to turn off after minutes of playing.

So I ranted this to them and sent it back express post (costly) and they acknowledged it was a defective headunit but the headrest monitor was fine. I didn't beleive them at first so I asked for proof on the headrest working, and sure enough it was working. So a replacement headunit was sent to me and the original headrest.

I installed the headunit and headrest again. The headrest monitor began playing up immediatly after I got it but it had improved a little bit it instead turned off after playing for 30mins or so. The headunit worked for a month (keep in mind this car is only used on the weekend) and surprise surprise it did the same thing again! but this time it began smoking up more then a blues festival which nearly caused me to crash.

I took it to a qualified tech I knew to confirm I had no dodgy wiring and he confirmed it was all correct.

so yet again after being asked by their lame techs to check if the power is plugged in etc (Think of an indian helpdesk) I'm sending these units back but this time a good 2months go by before I get the head rest back in the mail. I email their helpdesk and ask them abotu it and they have no idea.. I plug the headrest in to test and guess what? it did the same again! I told them I want a replacement but they say their warranty can only repair it as it's been past 7days! I pointed out to them it never worked right from day1 but I now got the cold shoulder.

After a few arguments over warranty periods being expired now and they can't help me while I'm pointing out their product sucked from the word go they finally say "send it back and we'll refund you".. I send it back...

Now they're saying they can't give a refund but 50% my next purchase!! WTF I told them why the hell should I buy their gear if that's how I get treated and their products dont work as specified!

So now I'm outta pocket almost $600 + postage charges and am trying to get my money back.

I'm just about to take it to the next level but for now I should spread the word before more suckers fall for their crap.

Okie so you didn't get it installed by a professional ? great move . warranty is void straight away ....

and if the warranty has expired also your fault ...

"try to get an Alpine head unit fixed after 2 years when a fuse pops and cooks it ... even installed by Alpine dealer still not covered." ... least they offered you something seeing they didn't have to offer anything

Well i spose its your view about their products ... but i can see why they wouldn't refund .... even if you got a cd from Autobarn - I have seen a pioneer unit $2200 where the warranty was void because the hand brake wire wasn't installed by a customer.. that would SUCK

It sounds like to me it was all wired up WRONG because i never seen the cheapest units of any brand SMOKE like you say

I'm very interested in purchasing a Eonon - unless someone can tell me otherwise with respect to quality etc (Yes, I hear you eXo). At their prices, I don't see how far wrong I can go.

DS - what are the issues re the double DIN you were talking about? Is it because the rolla's face bracket sticks out and would interefer with screen clearance?

I'm looking at getting either the 626 or 675...

I had an Eonon Double Din Motorized DVD/CD/VCD/MP3/THE WORKS. Spent about $550 on it almost 2 years ago.

For the money you pay, it's OK. It does things on a minimal scale. By that I mean everything works but don't expect any more. Quality is low as you would expect. My one had anti-skipping problems with DVDs. Thing would freeze and skip non-stop even on smooth roads. I couldn't scroll through the pages of MP3 tracks which meant going through each song one by one (I hope the newer software allows a search function or something).

To my surprise, the motorized screen worked very well though. Never had a problem with that.

Oh, I need to mention about the sound quality too. Not good, although decent enough if you're running stock speakers.

Installation as you ask, was a breeze. However fitting the air-vent cover around the head unit afterwards was a pain. Never sat flush.

• 2 weeks later...
Okie so you didn't get it installed by a professional ? great move . warranty is void straight away ....

and if the warranty has expired also your fault ...

"try to get an Alpine head unit fixed after 2 years when a fuse pops and cooks it ... even installed by Alpine dealer still not covered." ... least they offered you something seeing they didn't have to offer anything

Well i spose its your view about their products ... but i can see why they wouldn't refund .... even if you got a cd from Autobarn - I have seen a pioneer unit $2200 where the warranty was void because the hand brake wire wasn't installed by a customer.. that would SUCK

It sounds like to me it was all wired up WRONG because i never seen the cheapest units of any brand SMOKE like you say

Installed by a professional? as in a 17yr old work experience kid at the local strathfield/northfield/jbhifi whatever. No thanks.

This unit was wired correctly, and it even was fused up with proper color coding for all wires (power/earth/remote) as I've seen enough dodgy installs. The unit fried from the inside as the fuses were not affected, they even admitted to it being a fault of their units as 2 of them did the same thing. When I discovered that I pulled the plug but they stalled etc etc, That's what I'm trying to say here.

Good old eonon and belcanto Head units.

I remember when big bum and i both had these.

for what they do, you are awesome units and i've never had any issues with the installation for these things. Just remember not to expect a full blown SQ unit out of these. They make noise, and the look bling.

As i understand it there are a few different models around by a couple of different factories,

it could have been a loom issue (i.e. wrong pinouts = voltage to wrong pin = boom)

hope you get your money back.

• 1 year later...

Hmmm Eonon well good luck I have had the mispleasure of having fitted them for customers all I can say don't come to me!! Biggest piece of sh!t on the ebay market. Cheap thats it but will cost you lots in P&P sending back for repairs LOL

• 2 months later...
Hmmm Eonon well good luck I have had the mispleasure of having fitted them for customers all I can say don't come to me!! Biggest piece of sh!t on the ebay market. Cheap thats it but will cost you lots in P&P sending back for repairs LOL

This. Most of the ones I've fitted have died within a week, good luck trying to get your money back.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

hey stuart,

I know i'm a new user but right now I'm in a sh!t battle with these guys to get my money back.

I bought 7" TFT non motorised screen + x2 9" TFT headrest monitors + reverse camera.

The background:

I drive my is200 on weekends only so I wasn't after a unit that will play all day everyday but just something I can play for 12hours at most a week. Well anyway, I found those guys and yes their price was extremely competitive.

BUT...

After installing the headunit cooked within minutes... I think ohh fu(k, I hooked it up wrong but no, it was all fine with no wiring problems. This as a side effect caused one of the headrests to turn off after minutes of playing.

So I ranted this to them and sent it back express post (costly) and they acknowledged it was a defective headunit but the headrest monitor was fine. I didn't beleive them at first so I asked for proof on the headrest working, and sure enough it was working. So a replacement headunit was sent to me and the original headrest.

I installed the headunit and headrest again. The headrest monitor began playing up immediatly after I got it but it had improved a little bit it instead turned off after playing for 30mins or so. The headunit worked for a month (keep in mind this car is only used on the weekend) and surprise surprise it did the same thing again! but this time it began smoking up more then a blues festival which nearly caused me to crash.

I took it to a qualified tech I knew to confirm I had no dodgy wiring and he confirmed it was all correct.

so yet again after being asked by their lame techs to check if the power is plugged in etc (Think of an indian helpdesk) I'm sending these units back but this time a good 2months go by before I get the head rest back in the mail. I email their helpdesk and ask them abotu it and they have no idea.. I plug the headrest in to test and guess what? it did the same again! I told them I want a replacement but they say their warranty can only repair it as it's been past 7days! I pointed out to them it never worked right from day1 but I now got the cold shoulder.

After a few arguments over warranty periods being expired now and they can't help me while I'm pointing out their product sucked from the word go they finally say "send it back and we'll refund you".. I send it back...

Now they're saying they can't give a refund but 50% my next purchase!! WTF I told them why the hell should I buy their gear if that's how I get treated and their products dont work as specified!

So now I'm outta pocket almost $600 + postage charges and am trying to get my money back.

I'm just about to take it to the next level but for now I should spread the word before more suckers fall for their crap.

Hey,i would just like to know, how did u do the wiring for the headrest monitors?

thanks