01-05 Corolla Performance Mods.

kjd

G'day everyone,

My Name is Keith and I'm from Picton in NSW.

I am new to this site but it looks like a great resource with plenty of helpful people...

I am looking to get a new car and mainly looking at a modern (2001+) Corolla (In Manual, non sportivo)).

However I don't want to just leave it stock I would like to do some performance upgrades if at all possible by spending 2-3000 dollars on the car over a couple of years.

What mods would give me the most beneficial power gains?

I am thinking exhaust and cold air induction are these the best things to start with to get an extra few kW's?

I made the deal with myself that any mod I do to it MUST give some performance gain! I don't want to do mods that enhance its bark but give it no bite (except for wheels)

So what sort of options am I open to?

The reason why I'm choosing a Rolla is that I've had a Camry for 6 or so years that has served me well but lacked power... It is now time to get rid of the camry for something that has more zip but uses less fuel (my girlfriends 01 corolla achieves this but I want to extend on the zip a bit to make it a bit more ballsy).

Thanks for reading my post!

Cheers,

Keith.

Sorry mate now I feel like an *****!!! I just got lost in all the excitement of owning a hotted up Corolla!!

You know I own a forum (600members and rising) and should have looked better then I did but we are not that big yet to get asked the same questions over and over and over...

Sorry again!!!

LOL Keith you got away with one there... I was expecting a flaming.

Or a million people saying "SEARCH"!!!!!

LoL *phew*... I don't see that many hotted up Corolla's where I'm from so I figured it wouldn't have been a common question.... I'd love to speak to anyone with a hotted up Corolla my msn is kjd_1984@hotmail.com

I actually got scared of rollaclub as everyone seemed to flame there this seemed different so I joined up... If I do go ahead and get my Corolla I will be a member here for life my family are Toyota people we have 1 camry 2 80 series land cruisers and a Hilux with my girlfriend having a 01 stock Corolla which is a decent car I just wonder what they can do with a bit of money spent under the bonnet!

I find Rollaclub to be more suited to the older Corollas.

This is your best bet for ZZE models, as well as OWF Forum.

Checking the members' rides, you will see plenty of hot Corollas (probably about 90% of topics in that section) from which to gather ideas.

G'day everyone,

My Name is Keith and I'm from Picton in NSW.

I am new to this site but it looks like a great resource with plenty of helpful people...

I am looking to get a new car and mainly looking at a modern (2001+) Corolla (In Manual, non sportivo)).

However I don't want to just leave it stock I would like to do some performance upgrades if at all possible by spending 2-3000 dollars on the car over a couple of years.

What mods would give me the most beneficial power gains?

I am thinking exhaust and cold air induction are these the best things to start with to get an extra few kW's?

I made the deal with myself that any mod I do to it MUST give some performance gain! I don't want to do mods that enhance its bark but give it no bite (except for wheels)

So what sort of options am I open to?

The reason why I'm choosing a Rolla is that I've had a Camry for 6 or so years that has served me well but lacked power... It is now time to get rid of the camry for something that has more zip but uses less fuel (my girlfriends 01 corolla achieves this but I want to extend on the zip a bit to make it a bit more ballsy).

Thanks for reading my post!

Cheers,

Keith.

You can do what i did, is 95 kw atw good enough for you? ;)

i know how u feel mate, i tried asking the same questions and everyone flamed my post saying search but there is no manual to this, they need to GROW UP and just give advice, cause seriously who has the time to go through the 50,000 posts on mods for these models of rolla's to find nothing but complaints about this question, instead of being helpful like a rolla fanatic should be towards people who are just starting out in the world of corolla!

i hope you have more luck then me! so far you have less flameing then what i've copped

there is more info on the forum then you will ever need, this thread is a great example ( http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5503 ) once you get through that and still dont have the answers then that it the time to use the "new topic" button, personally i feel it should be replaced with the "search" button....

i know how u feel mate, i tried asking the same questions and everyone flamed my post saying search but there is no manual to this, they need to GROW UP and just give advice, cause seriously who has the time to go through the 50,000 posts on mods for these models of rolla's to find nothing but complaints about this question, instead of being helpful like a rolla fanatic should be towards people who are just starting out in the world of corolla!

i hope you have more luck then me! so far you have less flameing then what i've copped

G'day Alucard82... Mate I understand what you are saying but when things get tedious and the same questions get asked over and over again I can understand people getting frustrated... I think the problem is, is that us noobs come on here wanting to ask specific questions about our situation and whilst they are generally answered in other threats they aren't specific to us so its hard for us to get our heads around them...

I think its a case of just being at different levels... its not that the seasoned members are elitists or anything like that its just that the questions have been answered in round about ways before though they are not tailored to our questions so therefore we get a situation of us reading through lots of stuff and not getting it but the answers are there its just that our level of understanding is very low...

I don't blame these guys here for getting frustrated I don't blame us for being noobs (everyone has to start somewhere yeah?) I just believe that it takes some getting use to on each forum and how it works. So please don't be too harsh on the guys and try to see it from both perspectives... Hang around and learn a heap (like I intend to) but we will probably tread on more people's toes!!!

Sorry you have been flamed mate but please hang around (so there is atleast one other noob around lol) and we can learn a lot together my msn is a few posts up if you want to add me.

The differences I see are that Keith didn't ask fukking ridiculous questions about "slapping a hairdryer on her" or "possible celica engine implant".

I've seen n00bs but I haven't seen such stupidity...

Doesn't take much reading to find out that a Corolla Sportivo has the 2ZZ-GE Celica engine

The differences I see are that Keith didn't ask fukking ridiculous questions about "slapping a hairdryer on her" or "possible celica engine implant".

I've seen n00bs but I haven't seen such stupidity...

Doesn't take much reading to find out that a Corolla Sportivo has the 2ZZ-GE Celica engine

LMAO!!!

I have one of those awesome highly modified corollas with a celica engine too... does that make me awesome?? LOL

At least Keith accepted he made a mistake, and has asked realistic questions. BTW I have an old hairdryer if anyone is looking for one.

Hehe, do you think it may have been because his general grammar and polite manner was better than those wif spk l1k3 dis?? :P

Hehe, do you think it may have been because his general grammar and polite manner was better than those wif spk l1k3 dis?? :P

Without a doubt!!!!

I mean, fo shiz, mi niz

I gotta say tho. it is pretty annoying when these noobs come on here and ask a simple question that deserves a simple answer. instead they get told to "search". I hate that search thing too. that's why this forum is moving closer to death. no one ever feels welcome anymore.

why not instead of going to the trouble of telling them to search and critcising their actions, give them a straight forward answer?

the search button doesn't work cos it's full of crap like this!

that's my 2 cents. I'm Kent Brockman.

I gotta say tho. it is pretty annoying when these noobs come on here and ask a simple question that deserves a simple answer. instead they get told to "search". I hate that search thing too. that's why this forum is moving closer to death. no one ever feels welcome anymore.

why not instead of going to the trouble of telling them to search and critcising their actions, give them a straight forward answer?

the search button doesn't work cos it's full of crap like this!

that's my 2 cents. I'm Kent Brockman.

I do see your point, but there are sticky pinned topics for a reason... they sit up the top for a reason... they answer every normal question that makes up 90% of new posts here. May as well keep all the information in the same place rather than have bits in different threads anyway.

Also, when someone comes along and tells everyone they want to be different by putting a celica 2ZZ into a Corolla, they just deserve to be shot.

Keith took the time to write me a personal message featuring proper english language and logically structured questions.

I was more than happy to send him 2 or 3 replies answering all of his queries.

I could waste my time making an entire beginners' thread explaining things like this but no n00bs would read it anyway, just like Northy's previously covered topics thread, people just jump in here and post. The forum is a community and I feel as if I've contributed a lot and the benefit I receive from one or two post wonders is not worth my time and the time I spent accumulating my own knowledge.

See Dylan's "this place has turned to sh!t" thread in club lounge

Why not treat noob questions that have a sticky like sellers abusing the forum:

Close the thread, direct them via a link to a page that lists all the relevant stickies with some small print suggesting that if their questions are not answered they may go ahead on repost without flaming?