Speed Warning/Alert on new Kluger

mrbishi

Just wondering if any one knows if the new kluger has a speed alert or warning that you can set that will beep or chime once you reach a pre-set speed that you entered.

Ive had a quick read of the instructions and played around with the display info but cant seem to find anything obvious.

I searched for you and there is none :spiteful: another excuse for me.... <_<

I cannot even get the speed data from the Sat Nav. In most aftermarket portable GPS has a speed indicator and they are the most accurate.

I found the dash speedometer is way overestimated. I was being zoomingly passed by lots of car when I set the cruise to 102kmh.

Thanks Takahashi,

It looks like another basic function Toyota forgot to include. The Camrys have it, so why did the Kluger miss out on it. I really think its an essential function because its so easy to speed you dont even realise how fast your going. But then again you might be right - the speed could be way over stated because I was thinking the same thing doing 80kmh and everyone was overtaking me real quick. Does everyone speed or is my speedo out???

We've just taken delivery of a Kluger KX-R AWD to replace an 04 Camry Sportivo V6. And the Speed Alert is one thing that is missing on it. The turning circle is really bad also on this car compared to the Rav 4 that I regularly drive. Much prefer the smaller Rav to the Kulger.

We've just taken delivery of a Kluger KX-R AWD to replace an 04 Camry Sportivo V6. And the Speed Alert is one thing that is missing on it. The turning circle is really bad also on this car compared to the Rav 4 that I regularly drive. Much prefer the smaller Rav to the Kulger.

Try to drive the Landcruiser... even the smaller Volvo XC90 has a worse turning circle.

The bigger the car the worse the turning circle I guess.

Congrats on the purchase btw

• 2 months later...
Does everyone speed or is my speedo out???

I'm disappointed by the Kluger calibration as well. At 110 on the clock I was doing around 104 actual. At 120 on the clock I was doing around 112 actual.

Had the cruise set at 120kph coming into Melbourne on the Hume Freeway and passed at least 6 fixed speed cameras. No ticket.

I hate factory built in inaccuracy in the name of safety. Allow me to judge Toyota.

Its annoying not knowing what youre real speed is, sounds like they must all be out, and a fair whack too. I cant even check it on the highway speedo check points because I cant figure out how to get the odometer or trip computer to display less than 1km resolution, even 100m accuracy would be good enough but cant seem to get better resolution than 1km?. You know on the odometer distance travelled eg 4359.8km instead of 4360km.

We used to have the road warning/fog signs on the old F6 freeway between Sydney and Wollongong that used to display youre speed if you were going over the speed limit but they took that off when they realised people were trying to go as fast as possible to get the big numbers up on the display....... It was fun....

I think theyre treating/trying to dumb us down.

• 11 months later...

I have just taken delivery of a 2005 CVX and was quite surprised with the speedo accuracy.

It is by far the best of any car or bike I have owned.

This is using a window mounted navman GPS.

At 100kph on GPS the kluger is showing an indicated 102 which means at 60kph it is pretty much exact.

I was quite surprised as I can't really get away with driving the usual 110 (indicated) in a 100 zone anymore and have now had to tone that back a bit.

I also found out my speedo is 6km out from my Tom Tom. Do you think Toyota will fix this FOC if you complain? They'll probably say some bs that its the rule to over state.

This has always been a problem on bikes I have owned as most people will change the sprockets at some point and therefore alter you speedo calibration if using an electronic speedo.

I would usually install a yellow box speedo calibrator http://www.yellr.com

Another option for a car is to put on tyres with a slightly larger profile than standard (if the speedo is reading faster than you are going)

Edited by Yogi02