SRS indicator flashing

Chriz

Hi guys. My '03 Corolla sedan which has done ~107,000 km just today had the SRS airbag sign come on and it keeps flashing. I checked the manual, which says if this occurs I should take it to a Toyota dealer immediately. It is a busy time of year around this time, so I was thinking of putting this off till later, perhaps Monday. I have not been in an accident recently, so I do not know what has triggered this. Do you think it is an important issue which should be addressed immediately? Can I take it to any Toyota dealer to be inspected? Thanks for your help and advise in advance.

I wouldn't waste time about it, it means the airbag may not deploy if required. So for obvious reasons I would tell them the what's wrong over the phone and request to be able to bring it in as soon as possible. Any dealer should be able to do it.

If you ask nicely and they find no permanent fault, they may not charge you anything. It could be an intermittent fault. You might just be lucky but if not, it will be expensive.