Suggest me a Shock

istudio

was about a year ago.. changed my 122r with kings low + 17"Rims. I can feel that my stock shocks need to be replaced soon so wanna ask u guys to suggest me shocks to replace with or even the springs.

how about koni shocks and TRD shocks? will they go alrite with kings low? or i should better off changing springs as well

cheers

jim

Hey mate,

A year on kings will bugger the stock struts pretty well (especially 122's). If you can afford the Koni's then they are one of the best shocks you will get without changing to coilovers. A full set will cost you around $1000 (if you shop around). The improvement in handling is really quite awesome for the price and should they leak in a few years time they are easily revalved.

PM me if you want any further details

Cheers

how about TRD shocks for my 122 in performance & pricing? (shocks = structs???)

Should I keep the Kings Low Springs or change it to TRD too?

edit: Cusco & TRD, which will you choose?

Edited by istudio

I think the TRD shocks are designed to work with the TRD springs. (Look up Mickey Tee's review on his TRD package). Whoever here has purchased Cusco Zero 2's have given nothing but good reviews too. It really depends on your budget. If you want to keep your existing springs, Go for the Koni's or similar. They too get good reviews.

Agreed CAP,

TRD struts are designed to be mated with the TRD springs. They are an excellent product but for the price difference between them and Koni's my personal choice would be the latter. If you have a spare $1800-$2000 and want good ride quality and unbeatable handling then go the Cusco Zero 2 Coilovers. Like CAP said it all really depends on your budget and intended use for your car. If you are going to be doing track days then the Cuscos's are your choice, for just street use then the TRD or Koni's.