got doored....

If you look up someone like Acci-Dent or Fix a Dent etc etc, the paintless dent removals they should be able to fix it quickly and cheaply by popping the dent out from the inside, they come to you too. My brother recently had his door fixed this way, excellent job.

• 3 weeks later...
how much does it cost to get it fixed by paintless dent removal

If you search Google in your area for "Paintless Dent Removal" you should find someone local.

I got mine done (not my Toyota as touch wood no dents yet) about $100 bucks from memory and if you have a couple of dents they can do those also for a little extra.

Cheers

Rob

Yer those mobile come to you paint fix guys should be good. I've got a quote once for fixing a key scratch for $200 from memory.

I've always been careful about where I park, finding corner spots with walls / poles around me so people can't park next to me. Or park next to Mercs / BMWs ;) Not 100% fool proof but I guess should minimise risk.

I've always been careful about where I park, finding corner spots with walls / poles around me so people can't park next to me. Or park next to Mercs / BMWs ;) Not 100% fool proof but I guess should minimise risk.

With my new Rolla I park all the way down the back of the furthest car park in the shopping centres where the staff normally park and there are not too many cars parked and try and get a park at the end somewhere next to a gutter or trolley bay so that only one car can park next to me. The downside is it is a long way to walk but at least I'm getting some exercise. I guess I will keep doing this until the novelty of having a new car wears off or I get a dint... lol

BTW. Has anyone ever caught anyone opening their door on to your car, and what did you do about it. It's funny how careful people can be opening their doors when you are actually sitting in the car watching them...

Yeah I saw aomeone do it to my Corolla once, they looked at me about 10 metres away, and they slowly got back into there car and I was death staring them. Once the left I inspected the dooring but there was nothing so I was happy :)

Paintless dent removal (PDR) is very good. Results are superb, especially seeing as you wont' have to pay to have whole panel resprayed.

However, if there are scratches, you will have to get those tended to seperately.

Also, PDR can only do very small areas. I have a dent on one of my doors a little wider and longer than one of my fingers, and the PDR guy said he cant deal with that. So it sorta expensive in that regard...

Paintless dent removal (PDR) is very good. Results are superb, especially seeing as you wont' have to pay to have whole panel resprayed.

However, if there are scratches, you will have to get those tended to seperately.

Also, PDR can only do very small areas. I have a dent on one of my doors a little wider and longer than one of my fingers, and the PDR guy said he cant deal with that. So it sorta expensive in that regard...

How much does PDR cost for a tiny dent?

I seen a video on youtube on how they fix it, the result looks pretty good.

But wouldnt there still be weak spot on the metal after all those scratching??

With my new Rolla I park all the way down the back of the furthest car park in the shopping centres where the staff normally park and there are not too many cars parked and try and get a park at the end somewhere next to a gutter or trolley bay so that only one car can park next to me. The downside is it is a long way to walk but at least I'm getting some exercise. I guess I will keep doing this until the novelty of having a new car wears off or I get a dint... lol

BTW. Has anyone ever caught anyone opening their door on to your car, and what did you do about it. It's funny how careful people can be opening their doors when you are actually sitting in the car watching them...

>.< dont park next to the trolly bar thingy... ive got hit at the back with a trolly too.. =_= she was returning the trolly..n it hit my car..i was like WTFFFFFFF...i never park next to trolly bar thingy.. dont u`ll regret it..

Its probably 5mm less then 1cm i guess.

Dont even park next to the trolley thing. Its very risky. Have you seen kids that flung the trolley like a bowling ball? Fingers crossed he better hit the lane otherwise its going straight at your car.

And parking too far away in slient places. You run the risks of car break ins.

Parking next to a wall pole and next to expensive cars are the way to go. Never in the middle slot as you get hit both ways.

Around Christmas time I went to Chermside shops and there were cars absolutely everywhere, I saw 2 cars parked illegally (not in car parks, just where there was space to fit) and one car had hit the other car. There were Westfield security peoples taking photos of that one.

tell me about it

i got doored by a fellow TOCAU member in one of the cruise few years ago. my car was less than 1 year old too!

what can i do? i know she wasnt intent to do that, there was just very strong wind when she open the door and didnt catch it in time.

Its not that hard to door someone, I am guilty of it myself. I had just gotten back from Melbourne and was a bit tired and out of it (didn't sleep well over there) and my brother, his gf and I were hungry so we headed down to Chicken Treat. I opened my door a little to fast and hit the car next to me, much to the horror of the owner and her two friends who happened to spot me doing this from inside the Chicken Treat. She came outside looking (understanably) annoyed, so I kindly pointed out the mark I had made on her car and commented that is wasn't that bad. Luckily I was wearing a jumper so I just rubbed it right off with my sleeve, although that didn't appease her. I decided to go to McDonalds, unfortunately for my brother and his g/f they continued to head to Chicken Treat and got the glaring of a life time...

Moral of the story we all make mistakes, although this one is relatively minor compared to the stupidity of some of the above examples. Also if it all ends well don't be a bitch about it (like her).

Funnily enough that car is at this Chicken Treat alot so she must work there or something; although the reason I don't go there anymore is not her, its because Chicken Treat is ****ty and gives me diarrhea.

tell me about it

i got doored by a fellow TOCAU member in one of the cruise few years ago. my car was less than 1 year old too!

what can i do? i know she wasnt intent to do that, there was just very strong wind when she open the door and didnt catch it in time.

Dang, that's bad luck.

tell me about it

A 'She', eehhhh? Shouldn't be too hard to work out who...lol

And Chicken Treat is definitely rank... mind you, it does come from the same parent company as Red Rooster, Eagle boys, and various other 'budget' alternative fast food joints...

Ugh, Red Rooster.... I think I'd rather have my car doored...

My baby got doored at a public carpark today :angry: . The owner of that car apologized to me on the scene and wanted to sort that out through insurance. The paint of my new rolla came off and replaced by his paint.

Sigh...It is time consuming to bring the car to the repairer, moreover, I won't be able to drive her for a few days. Time is money, mate ...

Guys, is it necessary to report this to the insurance company within 24 hours after the incident happened? or it is alright to report anytime before I take her to a repairer for a quote? and the most important question, would that affect my Rating at all?

Thanks heaps.

My baby got doored at a public carpark today :angry: . The owner of that car apologized to me on the scene and wanted to sort that out through insurance. The paint of my new rolla came off and replaced by his paint.

Sigh...It is time consuming to bring the car to the repairer, moreover, I won't be able to drive her for a few days. Time is money, mate ...

Guys, is it necessary to report this to the insurance company within 24 hours after the incident happened? or it is alright to report anytime before I take her to a repairer for a quote? and the most important question, would that affect my Rating at all?

Thanks heaps.

Sigh, its not worth it to report it to insurance. You have to pay an fee depending on your insurance. And its probably bit over $100 to get it fix. And it does affect your ratings and renewal insurance rate.

Sigh, its not worth it to report it to insurance. You have to pay an fee depending on your insurance. And its probably bit over $100 to get it fix. And it does affect your ratings and renewal insurance rate.

Not if it's his insurance that is covering it...

Thanks heaps.

You should report it to your insurance company but don't make a claim. Instead, it is the other guy who is responsible to pay for the damages. I assume you got his details, address, phone number and driver's license number? Go and get a couple of quotes and then get the guy who doored you to pay for the damages. If he refuses then claim on your insurance and provide the other guys details to them. You won't have to pay an excess and it won't affect your rating as you are not at fault. In summary as long as you got that guys details you will be ok.

Cheers :)