Just my luck...

dave262

As some of you might know, I recently got an Aurion Touring SE... Well all is not well with it, and I think it all comes down to extremely bad luck.

While on a holiday, I was driving along some back roads in the hills, about 8PM and the sunset was about halfway through... I was travelling about 60km/h through some winding roads and all of a sudden a brown object flashes across the windscreen, with a massive crunch. Naturally I was extremely freaked out and pulled up to a stop, to find a massive gash in the front bumper, some chips in the paintwork at the front edge of the bonnet, a smashed windscreen - particularly on the drivers side, and about 5 dents in the front edge of the roof!

I couldn't believe it! After only 1500km worth of driving, and that is what happened!

Now $900 later in insurance excess, and I have it all fixed. I feel really bad driving the car now though, as it just feels foreign from having something like that happen. First brand new car, and I get hit by a rotten branch falling from a tree! 1 in 100000000000 chance of that happening!

Numerous other really bad things happened that day too, but they are just not worth mentioning again...

I have attached some pics of the car and what happened, so enjoy and just be grateful it didn't happen to you!

post-4867-1200123829_thumb.jpg

post-4867-1200123871_thumb.jpg

post-4867-1200124335_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave262

As some of you might know, I recently got an Aurion Touring SE... Well all is not well with it, and I think it all comes down to extremely bad luck.

While on a holiday, I was driving along some back roads in the hills, about 8PM and the sunset was about halfway through... I was travelling about 60km/h through some winding roads and all of a sudden a brown object flashes across the windscreen, with a massive crunch. Naturally I was extremely freaked out and pulled up to a stop, to find a massive gash in the front bumper, some chips in the paintwork at the front edge of the bonnet, a smashed windscreen - particularly on the drivers side, and about 5 dents in the front edge of the roof!

I couldn't believe it! After only 1500km worth of driving, and that is what happened!

Now $900 later in insurance excess, and I have it all fixed. I feel really bad driving the car now though, as it just feels foreign from having something like that happen. First brand new car, and I get hit by a rotten branch falling from a tree! 1 in 100000000000 chance of that happening!

Numerous other really bad things happened that day too, but they are just not worth mentioning again...

I have attached some pics of the car and what happened, so enjoy and just be grateful it didn't happen to you!

Im not having much luck this week either :angry:

2 days ago I had my bag stolen (Had $100 worht of clothes) and today my "waterproof" bag leaked and my $600 phone is stuffed. Both of these happend at the beach!

Doesn't cost as much as you I suppose!

Anyway, how are you liking your new car?

Im not having much luck this week either :angry:

2 days ago I had my bag stolen (Had $100 worht of clothes) and today my "waterproof" bag leaked and my $600 phone is stuffed. Both of these happend at the beach!

Doesn't cost as much as you I suppose!

Anyway, how are you liking your new car?

Never a fun experience getting anything stolen... gotta wonder why they would steal clothes though!

I had my old Magna broken into once and taken for a joyride somewhere... I came back after work and it was parked across like 2 parking bays diagonally! No idea why anybody would want to joy ride a 1990 magna haha.

Anyways, the new car is very nice, but I guess it will take me some adapting too again, as it has been with insurance for the past 2 weeks and I have been driving the Magna constantly. I must say I had missed the old burning oil smell! It seems that the Aurion really desperately needs the 1500km service now too I've noticed, as the gears are changing oddly and the tappets are running quite noisy now. Should all be good very soon once I have booked in for the services. Other than that, it is a great car to drive!

Sorry to hear about the bad luck dude. Hope Aurion'ing gets better.

I think "officially" the inspection, not service is before 3k (could be 5, I forget). Yes Gear changes in my Aurion are still funny between 3 & 4th on take off. But be persistant when you take it back for service. I was not with my Mazda 323 gear change issues, and am now paying for it out of my pocket.