Anyone installed aftermarket 2DIN AVN

boleh

My mate in Melbourne ask me to post this

Hmmm.. the factory integration sounds interesting.. hehe.. :P

The ability to integrate with rear view camera is very good. :clap:.... didn't think abt that b4...

Taka, the one the site shown is KlugerI... but I guess the KlugerII kit is available now right?

Nice, taka! Factory integration.. I hope it covers connection to steering wheel audio button.

Now If I ring to tell them I know takahashi do I get a rebate/discount?

Tae, pls buy a unit since you already got your kluger, and post your report up here. Thank you.

Conversion from Halogen to XENON

1. Remove the globe

2. Coat the outer surface with a blue tint. Many ways to do this. For example, Mercedes wrap a piece of tranparent blue plastic on it.

3. Replace the globe

4. Testing 1,2,3

Nice, taka! Factory integration.. I hope it covers connection to steering wheel audio button.

Now If I ring to tell them I know takahashi do I get a rebate/discount?

Tae, pls buy a unit since you already got your kluger, and post your report up here. Thank you.

That will depend on the rebate/discount.. hehe.. :yahoo:

I guess I should get more discount if I say I will publish the photos in this forum right? hahah.. :spiteful:

Edited by Tae

• 2 weeks later...
Grande are blessed with it so lucky lucky.. As for the rest KXR & KXS, has anyone installed one of these :

AVN 6000

avn6000.jpg

Pioneer AVIC

pioneer-avic-hd1bt-navigation.jpg

Installed few ANV 6000 at work...........you can get harness to integrate steering wheel.

Its basically same mashine like Grande on (same factory) buth WITH Ipod connectivity,more sound and video features.

They work great, have more features than Grande unit.

So it shouldn't be a big deal to replace Grande's one with ANV6000?

Installed few ANV 6000 at work...........you can get harness to integrate steering wheel.

Its basically same mashine like Grande on (same factory) buth WITH Ipod connectivity,more sound and video features.

So it shouldn't be a big deal to replace Grande's one with ANV6000?

Dont think it is cost effective..........

AVN and Grande unit are same base from same factory.

AVN costing 2K + steering wheel harness $150 + new dash surround is bit too much for IPOD and few minor features.

Sound is same,bluetooth is same.

I agree it's not cost effective. But that's where I am so far. For some reasons I need and ability to use iPod (or any other MP3 player). I would be happy just to have a jack on the panle to connect my MP3 player via the headphone jack - but nobody ever told me it is possible. There's an "interface pod" for iPod for Grande 2008 - so I've been told from various sources - but the finctionality is limited; e.g. there's no "file or foloder browsing" avaliable. I'd guess this means no playlists, albums, etc... and I can;t use iPod screen/controls whil in the interface mode. Not sure it is convenient to navigate throigh all 1000+ songs.

So, unless I'm missing something, the only option left is to have the AVN6000 unit, you've kindly mentioned (thanks for that); website specifies it has 100% iPod control or so I read it. I'm also not sure if this replacement will work with the rest of Toyota's electornics (would appreciate your feedback). BTW, new "dash surround" is that plastic harness around the screen - where holes for buttons are?

Thanks

AVN costing 2K + steering wheel harness $150 + new dash surround is bit too much for IPOD and few minor features.

Yep,

It will integrate steering wheel control,reverse camera etc.

Some sockets are different but that's not big issue.

Surround.............thats the one.........when you will have chance check it on KX- R or KX- S

I agree it's not cost effective. But that's where I am so far. For some reasons I need and ability to use iPod (or any other MP3 player). I would be happy just to have a jack on the panle to connect my MP3 player via the headphone jack - but nobody ever told me it is possible. There's an "interface pod" for iPod for Grande 2008 - so I've been told from various sources - but the finctionality is limited; e.g. there's no "file or foloder browsing" avaliable. I'd guess this means no playlists, albums, etc... and I can;t use iPod screen/controls whil in the interface mode. Not sure it is convenient to navigate throigh all 1000+ songs.

So, unless I'm missing something, the only option left is to have the AVN6000 unit, you've kindly mentioned (thanks for that); website specifies it has 100% iPod control or so I read it. I'm also not sure if this replacement will work with the rest of Toyota's electornics (would appreciate your feedback). BTW, new "dash surround" is that plastic harness around the screen - where holes for buttons are?

Thanks

My mate in Melbourne ask me to post this

Hmmm.. the factory integration sounds interesting.. hehe.. :P

The ability to integrate with rear view camera is very good. :clap:.... didn't think abt that b4...

Taka, the one the site shown is KlugerI... but I guess the KlugerII kit is available now right?

Not sure yet... but I can ask.

I already have a Grande and am thinking of buying a KX-R as a work vehicle. I want to fit the Pioneer AVIC.

Has anyone fitted it yet and does it interface with the steering wheel buttons and rear camera?

Thats what I would really like to know too

• 3 weeks later...

I have new 08 Klugger and want to install nokia blue tooth car kit, I was hopeing to find somone who has taken the radio surround off. Is it the same as the old modle that just pulls out, or does the surround around the reverse cam come out first then the radio surround.

Thanks.

I have new 08 Klugger and want to install nokia blue tooth car kit, I was hopeing to find somone who has taken the radio surround off. Is it the same as the old modle that just pulls out, or does the surround around the reverse cam come out first then the radio surround.

Thanks.

Hi Oatesy, firstly,welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll find plenty of usefull info here and hopefully bring some with you aswell. I think that the following link will point you in the right direction. Have a poke around in this site. It's pretty good.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224252