sat-nav system for zr6

Buri_ZR6

No it does not play DVD's

your kidding me :D *** damnnn it. is there a way to make it play dvds? ive ordered the factory sat nav from toyota for aurion zr6 and im not sure what its going to look like. because theres 2 that i know of. one suits the console perfectly and the other one is black and doesnt match the console in terms of colors. any ideas???

aurion-5.jpg

OR

inter_photo_02.jpg

Edited by Buri_ZR6

if you get the facotry fitted one, then it will be the one that looks like its part of the dash. if you get it dealer fitted it will be the black one.

Lol... really

Umm i dont think there is a way to force it to play DVD's...... so im guessing you paid a $2000 dollar GPS unit, toyota would be smiling.

Well did you ask which one you are getting?, if you didnt you can guess by the price of it. over 3k RRP will be the factory looking not black one...

Edited by AcoustiK

if you get the facotry fitted one, then it will be the one that looks like its part of the dash. if you get it dealer fitted it will be the black one.

Lol... really

Umm i dont think there is a way to force it to play DVD's...... so im guessing you paid a $2000 dollar GPS unit, toyota would be smiling.

Well did you ask which one you are getting?, if you didnt you can guess by the price of it. over 3k RRP will be the factory looking not black one...

i paid over 3k so it should be the silver one then. :) i asked her which 1 i would get and the lady told me that theres only 1 sort and that its the factory fitted version. i just dont want to be shocked last minute if i see an ugly black thing in the middle of the console. :D i paid over 3k so it must be the good looking one :) why is the black version also cheaper? i couldnt also find any features of the sat-nav. would there be any info in the aurion manual?

Edited by Buri_ZR6

Lol... really

i paid over 3k so it should be the silver one then. :) i asked her which 1 i would get and the lady told me that theres only 1 sort and that its the factory fitted version. i just dont want to be shocked last minute if i see an ugly black thing in the middle of the console. :D i paid over 3k so it must be the good looking one :) why is the black version also cheaper? i couldnt also find any features of the sat-nav. would there be any info in the aurion manual?

Well according to the Toyota website, its basically the same as the stock unit unit, minus 2 cd slots, plus GPS and bluetooth which generally comes with gps units anyways these days.

http://www.toyota.com.au/Accessories/acces...64_1312,00.html (though this ones for the black unit).

Im guessing the black one is cheaper because its a pretty much like an aftermarket option, doesnt blend as well as the silver one and plus the silver one i assume Toyota assembles these whereas the black one is probably from a cheapo company rebranded.

Lol... really

Well according to the Toyota website, its basically the same as the stock unit unit, minus 2 cd slots, plus GPS and bluetooth which generally comes with gps units anyways these days.

http://www.toyota.com.au/Accessories/acces...64_1312,00.html (though this ones for the black unit).

Im guessing the black one is cheaper because its a pretty much like an aftermarket option, doesnt blend as well as the silver one and plus the silver one i assume Toyota assembles these whereas the black one is probably from a cheapo company rebranded.

Some thing I just noticed is the Black version has a AUX input, which is definitely NOT on the Factory fitted version.

And the Black one does not have FM2 ( I dont what this is, but it hasnt got a button for it )

Lol... really

Some thing I just noticed is the Black version has a AUX input, which is definitely NOT on the Factory fitted version.

And the Black one does not have FM2 ( I dont what this is, but it hasnt got a button for it )

yeh looks like im going to have the factory version. plus they would not fit a black version from the factory as it doesnt suit with the console so, my guess is same as yours. the black one must be as an aftermarket version where as the silver one is the factory version.

Buri_ZR6,

Are you interested in a Reserving camera for your new Nav system?, as I might have a deal for you. Better still get a price from Toyota and we will compare prices.

This weekend I will be installing one from last year Camry 2007, I hope every thing go right, will start a new post of the installation.

We tell you more when installed.

Lol... really

yeh looks like im going to have the factory version. plus they would not fit a black version from the factory as it doesnt suit with the console so, my guess is same as yours. the black one must be as an aftermarket version where as the silver one is the factory version.

hmm thats not right, when i asked the melbourne city toyota they offered me which one did I wanted, though I said no to both.

Umm you can get the facia replacement for 30 bucks and that should fit that black one...

Lol... really

hmm thats not right, when i asked the melbourne city toyota they offered me which one did I wanted, though I said no to both.

Umm you can get the facia replacement for 30 bucks and that should fit that black one...

dealer is different though. i made my dad call up for the order from toyota and i later took the phone and asked which 1 i would get and the lady said that its the factory version. they would not fit the black one in if its a factory version. like another buddy said, the black one must be from a dealership as an extra. they wouldnt fit the black one from the factory as it also doesnt match the console. ill call soon and ask about it. does anyone know if it would be expensive to make it play dvds.

does anyone know if it would be expensive to make it play dvds.

You'd have to buy an after-market unit that allows your LCD screen to be used as a video display for any video source. I believe this device would effectively add a "video input" to your system. Then you'd need some kind of a DVD player, or I suggest something like an iPod video if you're iPod savvy. Check out www.advancedice.com.au/product_details.php?number=970751

Lol... really

dealer is different though. i made my dad call up for the order from toyota and i later took the phone and asked which 1 i would get and the lady said that its the factory version. they would not fit the black one in if its a factory version. like another buddy said, the black one must be from a dealership as an extra. they wouldnt fit the black one from the factory as it also doesnt match the console. ill call soon and ask about it. does anyone know if it would be expensive to make it play dvds.

Yes if they tell u its the factory version then you will get teh silver, the black one is treated as an accessory as you can see on the toyota website,

Well it depends if it has a video in jack if not then tough luck. You'll spend a mini fortune to butcher the unit and plus you'll lose the warranty.

as rift said if you can get a portable dvd player and jack it in if it has the video input....

• 1 month later...

Lol... really

Yes if they tell u its the factory version then you will get teh silver, the black one is treated as an accessory as you can see on the toyota website,

Well it depends if it has a video in jack if not then tough luck. You'll spend a mini fortune to butcher the unit and plus you'll lose the warranty.

as rift said if you can get a portable dvd player and jack it in if it has the video input....

anyone have a photo of the back of the unit. would like to see if it has the video input but no luck with google lols.

Hey I think you will get the factory one, which is the silver one. :clap:

lol yeh i figured after giving them a call up :D however i still havent ordered it. i thought about it for a long time because its worth too much for too little but i might order it next month. :D blew the sat nav money on a plane ticket :D so gotta save up a little more :P