Toyota Service

My rolla would need to have her 10,000KM service very soon and I have booked the service via the dealer's website. I have placed the booking a few days ago and I have not received any reply from the dealer yet. Is this normal that the dealer won't confirm the booking at all and I simply need to show up at the reserved time? or its better for me to ring them to confirm?

I found that some toyota dealers are now offering a 10% service discount by providing a printable vouncher on their website. Does that mean $120-$12=$108 for each service? :yahoo: My dealer does not have this special offer but I need to have my rolla serviced there because my dealer has extended my new vehicle warranty to 6 years. Failure to do so will void the warranty extension... :blink:

Almost every toyota dealers claim that they have express service where they could possibly get the car serviced and washed in approximately 1 hour. Has any bro try that before and whether it is doable or not. Would your dealer arrange a free loan car when you have your baby serviced over there?

Cheers.

When i have had my car serviced at my toyota dealer they have always rang me and even the local ford dealer when we have serviced cars there they text me when i have had the car serviced in Sydney they have called me to confirm . I would give them a call and check they have you booked in. A;so all ring after the service to make sure i am happy with everything .

Edited by 1rocky

Most dealers are pretty hopeless when it comes to websites and "contact us" or "make a booking" forms. I would ring and confirm. As for Express Maintenance, only a handful of dealers have this as they are required to become TSM level 2 compliant before they can offer the service. Really, it's just 2 techs on your car at once. A 10K service is only minor, so whether it's done Express Maintenance or not, it's only going to take a ½ hour or so to get done.

I always get a text from the dealer before hand confirming the booking that I made. and a week after the service I get a text saying somthing like "This is Toyota Scabarough on regards of the srevice you had 01/01/01. Text 1 if you where satisfactory...." somthing like that.

I just ring them and they confirm a booking, then 2-3 days before the service I get a SMS with all the details. And my local dealer doesn't send us questionares because they know were Toyota lovers and the fact that we know the local dealer and half the salesmen :D So we always get good service, and I see that they do the same level of service to all customers to what I've seen.

P.S Sunshine Toyota is where I get mine serviced

Thanks guys! :yahoo: AUR15, unfortunately I am at Melbourne.

I just rang them and placed a booking. It took me almost 15 minutes to complete the conversation! Their system could not retrieve my details (even though my car was bought there, I am very disappointed) and the operator has to place the booking all over again when I need to change the date she suggested. She kept asking her superior why the system did not respond or allow her to enter anything (it is better to use the HOLD function instead of using your bare hand to cover the mic) ... I told her I have placed the booking on the website and she has no idea of wth I was talking about!

The earliest possible time would be two weeks later, what a busy dealer! :spiteful: My car would be at least 12k at that time, would that void my new car warranty?

Edited by iluvmyrolla

I just rang them and placed a booking. It took me almost 15 minutes to complete the conversation! Their system could not retrieve my details (even though my car was bought there, I am very disappointed) and the operator has to place the booking all over again when I need to change the date she suggested. She kept asking her superior why the system did not respond or allow her to enter anything (it is better to use the HOLD function instead of using your bare hand to cover the mic) ... I told her I have placed the booking on the website and she has no idea of wth I was talking about!

The earliest possible time would be two weeks later, what a busy dealer! :spiteful: My car would be at least 12k at that time, would that void my new car warranty?

There's many variables to why she couldn't retrieve your details - sometimes it can be their computer system (if they use Reynolds & Reynolds, gawd help you!), sometimes the vehicle might not be attached to the customer due to operator slackness, most service receptionists are as dumb as dawgsheet and know nothing about cars, let alone know what they're doing.

No, travelling to 12K before having a 10K done won't void your warranty. There's quite a misconception that a warranty on a new vehicle can be easily voided. If you travel 50,000km and don't get your vehicle serviced, and the engine craps itself, then the claim for warranty repair on the engine won't be honoured. Your new car warranty still remains in place for everything else that's not affected by non-servicing.