Cruise control respose time

Mikeyboy

I have had other Toyotas and I have always used the cruise control for normal drivig. E.g. in 50 & 60 kmh zones to avoid speeding.

I have found that the Kluger is quite slow to react to going up hills and then will keep acellerating up to 10 kmh above the set speed when the top of a hill has been reached.

I have had some overrun on other cars, but nothing like this.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

Using cruise around town isn't really a good idea... :whistling:

The way your cruise operates is quite normal for Toyota (in most of their vehicles, not just the Kluger). I tend to cancel it when going up big hills, as it certainly does get carried away and gets a bit hairy.

Yeah, Ive noticed the same on mine, especially up hills. I makes you wonder if its going to stop accelerating sometimes.

A little like going up a hill with a massive turbo then backing of hoping that the turbo lag doesnt last too long.

Using cruise around town isn't really a good idea... :whistling:

The way your cruise operates is quite normal for Toyota (in most of their vehicles, not just the Kluger). I tend to cancel it when going up big hills, as it certainly does get carried away and gets a bit hairy.

Better to watch the road than watch the speedo, even though the police suggest watching your speed is the safest way to drive.

I have had other Toyotas and I have always used the cruise control for normal drivig. E.g. in 50 & 60 kmh zones to avoid speeding.

I have found that the Kluger is quite slow to react to going up hills and then will keep acellerating up to 10 kmh above the set speed when the top of a hill has been reached.

I have had some overrun on other cars, but nothing like this.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

I can't remember the last time I drove a car that didn't suffer from this to some degree. Outback, Forester, Aclaim, Camry to name a few all have gone at least 5 km over the set speed upon reaching a crest. I guess the c/c doesn't know when you're nearly at the crest to start easing off on the throttle.

Haven't tested the c/c on a hill in our Kluger yet, but I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Hmmm you would worry if there is a speed camera on top of the hill. It does in Victoria :mad:

Ah, the land of the 'road safety camera'. Getting that way here too. That wasn't the bit I'd not be worried about. You can work around the c/c over-run as others have mentioned. :) I usually just flick it off towards the crest of a hill or when I hear acceleration. Not a big deal to me, even with Tassie's topography.

Hmmm you would worry if there is a speed camera on top of the hill. It does in Victoria :mad:

Ah, the land of the 'road safety camera'. Getting that way here too. That wasn't the bit I'd not be worried about. You can work around the c/c over-run as others have mentioned. :) I usually just flick it off towards the crest of a hill or when I hear acceleration. Not a big deal to me, even with Tassie's topography.

Ahhh...yes the old speed cameras....there everywhere for our safety, and nothing to do with revenue raising......how stupid do the goverments think people are..... well actually we are all pretty stupid because none of us are doing anything about it......there was a nice write up in one of the Sydney papers about it today....

All for another thread I think.