New STi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless you're under 6" then all this talk is pointless because you wont fit in the stupid things.

lol

I hear R36's are easier to fit into...

Ill let you know when mine arrives :rolleyes:

yep im 6"2 and couldn't use the clutch because my knee was hitting the steering wheel...im not being picky, I physically couldn't drive the car...

It's times like these i thank my Asian ancestry for making me 5'7". haahah

Edited by qkslvr

Was next to an STI at the lights on the highway in town a few weeks back, and at a glance i thought it was just a normal STI (with like a luxury pack or something - didnt see the midget bonnet scoop), and i gave it some to get in front of it so i could merge, but, the STI driver being totally awesome floored it and left me drooling on myself. The noise and the sheer acceleration of the thing is a pretty good compensation for the car looking like a done up Korean car.

i'd be driving one of the new STI's instead of the TRD if it wasnt for such an arogant pompous fuqed up sales guy...

he lost a sale based purely because i was dressed in t-shirt, shorts and thongs!!

on the other side of the token, the TRD dealer was MORE than welcoming...

for the record, so was ford and holden, but their cars were **** :P hahaha

said in the paper there is a recall due to an oil loss problem.. wonder how bad it is??

yep was the 2.5L Turbocharged engine.. it affects Forrester, WRX, STi, and Liberty GT..

anyone else hear about this? not good for subaru..

i'd be driving one of the new STI's instead of the TRD if it wasnt for such an arogant pompous fuqed up sales guy...

he lost a sale based purely because i was dressed in t-shirt, shorts and thongs!!

Oh please tell more. *pulls up chair*

LOL wonder why my girlfriend isn't driving a Corolla Rob? The Toyota guy at Phillip was a pompous @ss... Little did he know that my lady had $30k in her pocket. He just treated us like kids (it was about 2 years ago). She bought a new Civic instead :toast:

This engine problem with the STi would want to get sorted out before they put it into the new Celica ;)

LOL wonder why my girlfriend isn't driving a Corolla Rob? The Toyota guy at Phillip was a pompous @ss... Little did he know that my lady had $30k in her pocket. He just treated us like kids (it was about 2 years ago). She bought a new Civic instead :toast:

This engine problem with the STi would want to get sorted out before they put it into the new Celica ;)

I love people like that... I love rubbing it in their faces also. I love it when they don't believe you and let you walk out...

I love it more when you ring their boss, after your new purchase, and explain to them what you bought instead and why B)

Edited by Leroy

I'm a firm believer that the WRX is arguably one of the best bang for buck turbo cars in Australia, based on the fact that it's Australian delivered and you have uber parts support etc. Heck, even I was going to buy one next year.

Then the Corolla came back from the shop and I realised how much better it was.

Edited by Lord Nelson Derpentstein

:lol:

well basically, the story goes like this...

i walked in dressed like a dag and said to the girl at the front "i'd like to have a look at the new sti and also talk to someone about it".

she went and got the STi dealer...

the dealer showed me the car and talked me through all the different things...

after a while i said "so could i please organise a time to take it for a test drive?"... and this was his response:

"well, you see there is a LONG waiting list for cars. they are only bringing in 80 into australia for the first batch. and we've already sold 19 of them just in brisbane, so you can imagine how many have sold already in sydney and melbourne. So your best bet would be to come back when you're ready and place a deposit so we can secure one for you and then i'll take you for a drive."

i just looked at him and said "well, thats not really going to work for me. I dont really place deposits on cars i've never driven before."...

he said nothing... just looked at me...

so i said "thanks for your time, but i have made my decision before even driving this car!". and i walked out...

30mins later i walked into toyota at moorooka and spoke to the TRD dealer Kevin and straight away he helped me out and took me for a drive...

not only that, but he let me thrash the absolute **** outta the TRD...

after the drive, i told him about subaru and my experiance and he just laughed and basically said something along the lines of "he was an idiot for discrediting you based on your clothes, but its a good thing for me!".. :lol:

kevin called me 3 days later and asked how things were going and i said i hadnt decided yet, but i was leaning more towards the FPV Typhoon... he said "please do me the favour and come back and drive the TRD one more time before you decide."

so i went back on the saturday and kevin gave me the keys to the TRD and said "take it for a drive by yourself, i trust you."...

well, i had my mum with me, but she is more of a hoon than i am :ph34r:... so basically, we gave it a REAL test drive in different situations...

so anyway, i came back to the dealership and basically signed the papers that day... :lol:

seriously, if anyone in brisbane is thinking of buying a toyota, go see Kevin @ the moorooka dealership and tell him Ash with the TRD sent you... he was by far the nicest, down to earth, pleasant, honest sales guy i've ever dealt with... :toast:

oh and dont get me started on the VW people either!!! :angry:

they did the same ****... they wanted me to BUY the R32 without driving it... thats right, you read correctly... BUUUYYYYYY, not place a deposit!!!

sif i'd buy that overpriced POS anyway... :angry:

lol

yeah, i really wanna take the TRD back to him and say "look here you fuqer... i ended up buying a car more expensive than your piece of sh*t!!"... :lol:

Wouldn't you just love to go and rip a big skid and smoke the pr1ck.

And prove you have money leftover to afford new tyres too...

But ofcourse we don't condone this sort of behaviour.

It's a shame they judged you by the clothes you were wearing. A big loss for them.

lol

yeah, i really wanna take the TRD back to him and say "look here you fuqer... i ended up buying a car more expensive than your piece of sh*t!!"... :lol:

Wouldn't you just love to go and rip a big skid and smoke the pr1ck.

And prove you have money leftover to afford new tyres too...

But ofcourse we don't condone this sort of behaviour.

It's a shame they judged you by the clothes you were wearing. A big loss for them.

I speak from experience slightly there. After recently having my windows tinted on the weekend in Belconnen, I thought I'd do a driveby of my cars dealer of origin (whom I will never go to for a service again). Quite humorous. It is far from stock now. The original salesman was out the front, and in a flurry, he was greeted with a low riding, sinister, red demon of a car that is a mere shadow of what it once was. The customer he was with gave him a look, suggesting, 'Can I have?'.

Revenge is best served chilled.

The salesman really makes or breaks the deal. I was looking at a fully optioned Lancer VRX but the salesman annoyed me, he really didnt know how to sell the car, he basically told me I was stupid for not signing straight on the spot and wanting to think about it. Then he harassed me over the phone, so I decided to buy a second hand Accord Euro but the salesman at the Kia dealer looked so dodgy, didnt trust him one bit. Finally I went to a toyota dealer and he sold me, let me drive the car, added all these extras and was genuinely friendly. He knew how to sell cars.

A month ago I gave my friend a lift to the same mitsubishi dealership that i originally went to, and made sure to park my car out the front. Made sure that salesman saw that I ended buying a more expensive car lol

Edited by marc2020

there was a reason why i dressed like a dag...

i was at the ferrari dealership one night just having a perv with some mates a few months ago... and we were basically arguing that depending on how you look, will depend on the service you receive...

i was convinced that it was all to do with how you look, but my mate was saying that it doesnt matter how you look, the dealer will treat you the same...

so i said "okay, i'm gonna be buying a new car soon, (and even though its not a 300,000+ car, its still fairly expensive for a 23yr old) so i'll put it to the test. I'll dress in my most casual clothes i own and see how i get treated."

subaru treated me as above...

VW, i went with my parents but made them walk in 30secs after me, but stand away from me..

i stood between the dealer and my parents and near the R32, and he walked straight past me and served my parents first... :lol:

so they just said "um, we're actually, here with our son who is looking at the R32" and pointed towards me... his face was priceless!! :lol:

ford treated me really well

holden treated me really well

but toyota's service was by far outstanding!!!

granted, if i really really wanted the STi, i would have dressed 'classier'... but if thats their pre-sales service, imagine what their aftersales service would be like! :o

lol... anyway, thats enough ranting from me... :ph34r:

I still say you rock up and ask to speak with the store manager AND the douchebag.

Just say you were here to show them your new car... and that is 60,000 they just missed out on.

Talk to the manager as if the douchebag was invisible.

Same with the VW guys.

Hehe, I'm such a b1tch :spiteful:

Edited by Leroy