New STi

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
i'd be driving one of the new STI's instead of the TRD if it wasnt for such an arogant pompous fuqed up sales guy...

he lost a sale based purely because i was dressed in t-shirt, shorts and thongs!!

on the other side of the token, the TRD dealer was MORE than welcoming...

for the record, so was ford and holden, but their cars were **** :P hahaha

LOL!!! me and my work mate, wanted to look at new cars right after work, both in scraggy shoes and rippd pants and high-vis jumpers. we went to hsv, they fully accepted us, so did toyota and LEXUS!! 2 dealers @ LEXUS asked if we wanted help...... and we where dressed as bums!

My mates old man pops (painter) finished work, and pop by mercs to buy a new car, and as soon as he walked in, a dealer goes to him 'sir the doors this way' and walked him out...

• 6 months later...

Thread revival...

Just got home after a ride in the 09 model wrx hatch. I'm now a convert. :rolleyes:

Having that much power on tap is seriously cool... 2,500 rpm onwards is lovely. I've never driven the old wrx though, so I can't make any comparisons there.

And I don't know what everyone whinges about interior wise - Sure there weren't many gadgets, but I think that's a plus these days. Just plug and play, no fuss. This particular one was specced up with leather and a sunroof... I don't think the 40k rrp is that unreasonable anymore...

My only complaint is that the steering feels sorta... 'heavy'. Stepping back into my little 1zz just felt as if the car was half the weight... mind you, it does have less than half the power :lol:

I'd have to say that the wrx hatch in my opinion isn't really good in comparison to what else there is in the 'hot hatch' industry, such as the Golf GTi, or even the mazda 3 MPS. For 40k thats close to the price of a golf gti pirelli edition :/

Also news on subaru pulling out of the WRC, it looks like the wrx and liberty tt's are going to go downhill :/

i know hey my mum has an 09 WRX sedan with deleted rear mufflers(sonds trick and shes 52 hahah), i dont know if its just the sedans or the 09 in general but the 08 hatch had a DUD motor and was just a lemon all round. but the 09 has the new motor 190 somthing kw with the STI turbo as stock...its seriously goes! got to drive it the other day in a mountain run with the AWDturbo club...it really scarded me! :ph34r:

it does 0-100 in 5.3 and 0-400 in 13.5

that is 0.1 seconds slower than the STI , 0.1 seconds FASTER than the F6, 0.3 seconds FASTER than the GTS and unfortunetly 0.9 seconds faster than mine =( lol

Edited by ELEGNT

I'd have to say that the wrx hatch in my opinion isn't really good in comparison to what else there is in the 'hot hatch' industry, such as the Golf GTi, or even the mazda 3 MPS. For 40k thats close to the price of a golf gti pirelli edition :/

Also news on subaru pulling out of the WRC, it looks like the wrx and liberty tt's are going to go downhill :/

It's all personnel preference, the world would be a boring place if everyone drove the same car. But if I had worked my ***** off to get 40k for a new car and had to pick out of the three you mentioned, I would go the WRX. They are all near as makes no difference the same price. If only Mitsubishi released the Ralliart Lancer with a real manual option.

It's all personnel preference, the world would be a boring place if everyone drove the same car. But if I had worked my ***** off to get 40k for a new car and had to pick out of the three you mentioned, I would go the WRX. They are all near as makes no difference the same price. If only Mitsubishi released the Ralliart Lancer with a real manual option.

Yeah you do have a point there. GTI's are very popular.