[WA] EOI in Motor Sport

Seano

Ok reason I am posting this is because I want to see who is interested in taking their beast out onto a track and have some good wholesome fun. I think we are at the point now in Perth were we have enough members to get a decent sized group down to a track or a hill climb for a good day out. Also I would like to see who has a Cams 2 license and what car clubs people are members of. The only ones the come to mind for me are Fours and Rotaries and the WASCC, the later being the best because they own Barbagello and their tuning days are very frequent (tuning day = you get to use the track for a nominal fee).

The membership to get you track access with WASCC is around $200 + CAMs license registration, which is alot but it gives you access to V8 supercars and the McCrackan house (not sure if you can use that and anything other then V8s). This is also the membership required for tuning day access and CAMs license eligability. You also get a track hire voucher with the membership

Once you have membership + CAMs license it means that you can participate in tuning days, sprints, hill climbs etc. So what I was thinking is those of us who are interested should join up and parcipate in the next hill climb (Sat 26th April - yes its friggin ages away), and also go to a tuning day or two before hand and have some fun!

Another option would be to take our cars down to the drags and try our hands at whoop ***** Wednesdays - could be a bit of fun guys. So who is interested?

PS Sorry for the essay

WASCC

Perth Motorplex

Edited by Seano

yeh im interested with it but again if we go down to the drags and go againts some beast (well i know the stivo boys might still keep thier cool and finish off) but the ascent guys will prob (esp the auto :P :P) will prob hrm... u tell me.. PWNED?!

and with the WASCC, it does sound good but 200 bucks is bit steep when u have to pay everytime you go in.. but yeh.. if worst case we can head down to AHG and have some fun for next to nothing compare to what u going to pay @ WASCC but again ;) let me know more bout WASCC and maybe yeh.. it can be sorted

yeh im interested with it but again if we go down to the drags and go againts some beast (well i know the stivo boys might still keep thier cool and finish off) but the ascent guys will prob (esp the auto :P :P) will prob hrm... u tell me.. PWNED?!

and with the WASCC, it does sound good but 200 bucks is bit steep when u have to pay everytime you go in.. but yeh.. if worst case we can head down to AHG and have some fun for next to nothing compare to what u going to pay @ WASCC but again ;) let me know more bout WASCC and maybe yeh.. it can be sorted

Yea I know its pretty steep, i think it would be value if we were interested in all the bogan stuff like V8 supercars...and stuff.

Anyone in Sydney thats looking to do the same thing I can recommend a car club specifically aimed at getting people going rather than the big end of town.

check out www.clubmotorsport.com.au

Yea your right I reckon and I think this club might be the go All Fours and Rotaries. They look a little less serious then the WASCC. Only downer is they don't do meets and don't have tuning days on a regular basis like WASCC. But its only $40 for membership and they are CAMs affiliated! Sound a bit better?

Also with that hill climb we can still go on the day, will cost maybe $120 for the day (includes CAMs special event license)

AHG sounds like fun, actually I think we should all go as a group to one AHG Performance Driving Course on the morning of Sunday 16 Mar its $80 each. If we just went to AHG we wouldn't need a CAMs license which would be cool, so no need to join All Fours and Rotaries.

Thanks for the Tip Corolla#123/Ken

Edited by Seano

Yea I know its pretty steep, i think it would be value if we were interested in all the bogan stuff like V8 supercars...and stuff.

Anyone in Sydney thats looking to do the same thing I can recommend a car club specifically aimed at getting people going rather than the big end of town.

check out www.clubmotorsport.com.au

Yea your right I reckon and I think this club might be the go All Fours and Rotaries. They look a little less serious then the WASCC. Only downer is they don't do meets and don't have tuning days on a regular basis like WASCC. But its only $40 for membership and they are CAMs affiliated! Sound a bit better?

Also with that hill climb we can still go on the day, will cost maybe $120 for the day (includes CAMs special event license)

AHG sounds like fun, actually I think we should all go as a group to one AHG Performance Driving Course on the morning of Sunday 16 Mar its $80 each. If we just went to AHG we wouldn't need a CAMs license which would be cool, so no need to join All Fours and Rotaries.

Thanks for the Tip Corolla#123/Ken

if the 16th of march is with other ppl then we might as well organise our own, we need 10 ppl and it would be 75 bucks each to hire out the whole place :) for 4 hrs.. its good fun! :) i will call up soon and see how it goes!

if the 16th of march is with other ppl then we might as well organise our own, we need 10 ppl and it would be 75 bucks each to hire out the whole place :) for 4 hrs.. its good fun! :) i will call up soon and see how it goes!

Awesome, want me to make a new thread? Or shall I leave this in your capable hands

Sounds nice though given my location, it might be difficult getting there

And just remember, the boys in the easy have shown repeatedly that in the end, the differences between the 1zz and 2zz may not be that significant...

And just remember, the boys in the easy have shown repeatedly that in the end, the differences between the 1zz and 2zz may not be that significant...

Yea I think with practice there could be a difference, anyways this driving course should be fun and make us better drivers!

Yea I think with practice there could be a difference, anyways this driving course should be fun and make us better drivers!

count me in for 16th march driving course... but like ken is saying its probably better if we organise our own group if we can get enough ppl...

am definately down for whoop ***** wednesday but give me 2 weeks to be ready for it :P

Maybe in a few years when my car turns into a Rocket Launcher. I don't wanna get embarrassed at the drags :P

AHG sounds good tho :)

There isn't much difference because its the same chassis and suspension. Shows just how power affects lap times ;)