Usable fuel volume in Tank - Gen5.5

crinkles

My owner's manual says 70 L is the capcity of the fuel tank. How much of this can the pump actually get at? The most I've refilled with was about 57 L and that's after the red fuel light came on. The reason I ask is that I'm getting a Scanguage II trip computer and need the avialble fuel volume.

well to tell u the truth i wouldnt have a clue....bt when the red light comes on i think it means u have 10Ls left...i may be wrong with that amount....bt if u really want to find out....u could keep driving around till u run out of gas :P

My owner's manual says 70 L is the capcity of the fuel tank. How much of this can the pump actually get at? The most I've refilled with was about 57 L and that's after the red fuel light came on. The reason I ask is that I'm getting a Scanguage II trip computer and need the avialble fuel volume.

I was also planning to get a Scanguage II, however, I've read that Australias OBD standard may not work with this american device (something about pins being reversed maybe). I'm just straight out confused about the standards now and am not sure whether to invest money on something like this. I'll be very interested in your progress with this.

RaZeR

I was also planning to get a Scanguage II, however, I've read that Australias OBD standard may not work with this american device (something about pins being reversed maybe). I'm just straight out confused about the standards now and am not sure whether to invest money on something like this. I'll be very interested in your progress with this.

RaZeR

ScangaugeII will work with most vehicles from 2003 or later (for Australian Model, In USA its 1998 or later)

Volume of the GEN 5 Fuel tank is 70L.

---------------------------------------------------

I've been using the Scangauge II for more than 6 months now, and I can tell you that if you input all the details (engine,fuel tank,etc..) correctly, the information you'll getting is really really accurate. I just love all features on the scangaugeII, best gadget for your $$$.

On my Echo, I usually fill up when the Fuel reading on the scangaugeII tells me it has 20km to go (love to go to 0km, but DON'T want to risk it).

oh yeah it also tells the Intake Temperature :D (Scangauge are in the process of programming ScangaugeIII...I can't wait for it!)

RaZeR

ScangaugeII will work with most vehicles from 2003 or later (for Australian Model, In USA its 1998 or later)

Volume of the GEN 5 Fuel tank is 70L.

---------------------------------------------------

I've been using the Scangauge II for more than 6 months now, and I can tell you that if you input all the details (engine,fuel tank,etc..) correctly, the information you'll getting is really really accurate. I just love all features on the scangaugeII, best gadget for your $$$.

On my Echo, I usually fill up when the Fuel reading on the scangaugeII tells me it has 20km to go (love to go to 0km, but DON'T want to risk it).

oh yeah it also tells the Intake Temperature :D (Scangauge are in the process of programming ScangaugeIII...I can't wait for it!)

unfortunately I have not been able to get the scanguage to work on my dec05 build camry (http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12700&st=0#entry220826).

The port cap says OBDII, the pins appear OBDII with ISO standard, but it fires up for one minute then dies without getting any information.

At the moment I've emailed scanguage and toyota australia... would be really disappointing if it doesn't work, plus money wasted. But I guess I should have known that before I bought it. I still don't want to return it though, if there is no solution, because i believe it is such a useful gadget that I will save it in a cupboard for a future car. For one I could claim my fuel cost back from work accurately, etc.

I have read the echo's are compatible in Aus because they were built at a centre that built them for the US too.

IT's really disappointing Aus does not have the OBDII as per the US, it smacks of manufacturer protection almost like microosoft and its products. there's no reason why a brand of car should have unique diagnostics other than to tie the purchaser to future expenses to the said car maker. I almost get the feeling the Aus market is not as free as it could be witha lot of products. / rant

Edited by crinkles