Sex up those indicators

Edit: And yes I spray slowly at a good distance, and didn't start or finish spraying on the tail lights.

The paint is just ****. That's all I can think of. TJ's idea is the best one. I remember thinking of that myself, but my spray gun is goneski's. I think it was something like 40% black and 60% clear coat, and you just give it 2 light coats and you're set.

Edit: And yes I spray slowly at a good distance, and didn't start or finish spraying on the tail lights.

The paint is just ****. That's all I can think of. TJ's idea is the best one. I remember thinking of that myself, but my spray gun is goneski's. I think it was something like 40% black and 60% clear coat, and you just give it 2 light coats and you're set.

Ah weak, I don't have a spray gun or paint and IU'm guessing they'd charge me an arm and a leg to get it down at a car painting joint....GAY

Also I didn't need to use clear coat for a glossy finish, just cut and wax it with car polish, comes up all nice and smooth :)

Edited by Seano

Ah weak, I don't have a spray gun or paint and IU'm guessing they'd charge me an arm and a leg to get it down at a car painting joint....GAY

prob cost u more then what u paid for the lights :P

Also I didn't need to use clear coat for a glossy finish, just cut and wax it with car polish, comes up all nice and smooth :)

You have encouraged me yet again... damn you lol

Lol sorry, this is what myn came up like. Also it still looked like **** it just feels smooth and looks shiny with the cut and polish :P

post-3998-1205115500_thumb.jpg

Now I'm not doctor but I'm pretty sure the second a cop sees this I will be yellow stickered...

The actual paint came out too patchy on mine ay. The jet on the can must be screwed. I'll be cutting mine back a bit more another time. My stockies have gone back on now for the time being.

Yours came out even at least.

yeah i found really really light on coats basically sprinkling the paint on from further away than normal got an even finish i didnt realise cutting the nite shades back can make it glossy i could try that ill be painting my stockies.

a small hvlp touch up spray gun will do the black/gloss mix perfectly i cant imagine itd be too costly either.

i dunno what you guys think on this but isnt it easier to see brake lights through tinted lights anyway especially when the suns glaring down and you cant see anything

yeah i found really really light on coats basically sprinkling the paint on from further away than normal got an even finish i didnt realise cutting the nite shades back can make it glossy i could try that ill be painting my stockies.

This weekend I'll be attacking them with metho and trying again so it looks nicer up close and isn't as dark. I'll try keeping it at a distance see what that does. And yea my gf's dad told me to cut and plish them to get a nice finish - trust a pommie tradie to know that haha.

All i can say is be very careful with clear coat, i tinted my lights myself without clearcoat, and turned out pretty good. When i applied the clear coat it totally fuked up. It started running like crazy and just didn't look right.

I even tried removing it all together with everything you can think of (metho, turps...even gasoline).

The next day, i just went and bought a new set of taillights from autojoy and got them to tint it themselves. It looks alot better now. No running, very clean job.

i'll try to get some pics later.

Ok so I know a few of us have those eBay JDM style rear tailights. I just got some different "invisible" indicator bulbs and they look so good I thought i'd share them to the world. You can get these globes at Super Cheap Auto, just ask for invisible indicator globes (PLU NO. 120246). They flash amber, and I even think that the amber glow looks better. Cost about $15.00 :)

I just polished my car so you'll see me looking like a tw@t taking the after photo :rolleyes:

Also how is tw@t a swear word?

EDIT: Got the wrong price, my bad!

Before:

post-3998-1204515034_thumb.jpg

After:

post-3998-1204515022_thumb.jpg

peek a boo i see you in the picture with no thongs =)

Ok I went a bit overboard...

08032008317cj7.jpg

The light still comes through fine.

I'll be seeing tonight though whether or not I've crucified my tail lights hahahaha (I have stockies)

WOAH SO DARK? HAVE U COPPED A TICKET YET?

Ok I went a bit overboard...

The light still comes through fine.

I'll be seeing tonight though whether or not I've crucified my tail lights hahahaha (I have stockies)

WOAH SO DARK? HAVE U COPPED A TICKET YET?

LOL-ROFL_Mao.gif