1986 Celica ST162

SeiferST162

Hey guys. Like the other guy to post about the ST162. I just picked one up to. Ahh yes going into the car yard and driving the noisy little thing ( bottom end bearings shot to hell ) around on my test drive. After a 2 hour chat with the dealer. I walked away with it for $750.. 3 months rego. But its Engine needs a lot of work. So i took a short cut and just got an import engine. if you do get and import PLEASE REMEBER THE CELICA 3S-GE HAS 1 Type Of Engine For The Auto And A Whole DIFFERENT CRANK FOR THE 5 SPEED!!! I cant tell you how annoying it was to wait a week for an engine then find out it doesn't fit..wait 2 more weeks for the right engine to come in.. lol.

Anyway as i said its an St162 1986 with the 3S-GE engine. I have since replaced the motor the 5 Speed gear box has been cleaned and serviced ( While i had the engine out and was waitting for the right one to come in ) The clutch and plate have been replaced, And the Cat and the muffler too. Its body is in perfect order no signs of rust or even a dent. Still in its factory grey with factory mags. Its done 126.000 kms and the import motor has done 28.000. Im looking for a new front air dam as mine is showing some nasty cracks and wear marks. Besides that maybe a paint job and a GT4 hood... if they fit? oh and the front left hand shock is really soft. Besides that its all working. Seats are perfect besides some pet hair ( Dealer never got a chance to clean it. one of the many things i whinged about to get it for $750 ) Elecrtic mirrors are great. But no sun roof in mine. Was thinking of getting one but i was told not too as they can rust out my roof. Anyway ill have some pics up soon. so you can all see. So glad i baught it. Its low, Smooth and very very quick. :yahoo:

welcome to the club mate... got my engine replaced too, with a re-manufactured engine... it was sheer agony waiting for it to be done so I could drive again. Have to say I reckon its the nicest model but then thats my personal opinion.

:yahoo:

Thanks mate. And yeah i think it its the best model. Im not a big fan of the newer ones without the pop up head lights. Does anybody know if a GT4 Bonnet will fit the ST162 or maybe a RX7 hood? Its a great car but i'm sorry to say its under the knife at the moment. It seems the import motor i got has bad piston rings.. I wouldn't know as the mechanic only told me it was blowing smoke. I never got to start it because when i got there he told me it had a flat battery and couldnt be started at the moment :spiteful: So i'm going there tomorrow with a set of cables to jump start it and see this smokey engine for myself <_<

Welcome duude.

I dont have a ST162 (i'm in the next generation), but i love all my celicas. which city you based in. be sure to bring that out to a meet once its ready to go..

once again welcome

Thanks for the welcome mate :toast: Im in good old Geelong. Not sure how long it will be till its running about to head out to see about this piston ring problem now. I've got a few after market plans for it once its running. these include. Cold air intake, New injectors for a bit of a power boost, larger ports and a new midnight candy green paint job :idea:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey i finally got some photo's of my car uploaded so here they are. As you can see in the first photo's. It was a bit smokey at start up but it all cleared up after a bit of a good run

post-7452-1207273841_thumb.jpg

post-7452-1207273908_thumb.jpg

post-7452-1207273961_thumb.jpg

post-7452-1207274002_thumb.jpg

post-7452-1207274038_thumb.jpg

post-7452-1207274093_thumb.jpg