Corolla sportivo and the v-manage

I got the v-manage wired it in and some how was able to shift the lift point as well as the valve timing whithout a problem.

the only problem that i am facing now is the ECU startup procedure when it do the engine checks. I found out the ECU wasnt happy about how's the Lift communication line got interupted by the v-manage kit. Hence resulting the rev cut at 7000rpm.

Is there anyway i can do a engine check bypass or whats wrong with the wiring for the ecu as well. And for the PFC users, can you guys pass me the wiring diagram so that i can understand which wire goes where.

P.S. I discovered the Lift Engine Check problem using the bypass switch on the v-manage which allow the stock communication to pass trough without interupted.

I got the v-manage wired it in and some how was able to shift the lift point as well as the valve timing whithout a problem.

the only problem that i am facing now is the ECU startup procedure when it do the engine checks. I found out the ECU wasnt happy about how's the Lift communication line got interupted by the v-manage kit. Hence resulting the rev cut at 7000rpm.

Is there anyway i can do a engine check bypass or whats wrong with the wiring for the ecu as well. And for the PFC users, can you guys pass me the wiring diagram so that i can understand which wire goes where.

P.S. I discovered the Lift Engine Check problem using the bypass switch on the v-manage which allow the stock communication to pass trough without interupted.

The setup for the PFC isn't going to help you because your running a piggyback not a replacement ECU, You need to find out whats causing the problem not try to find a way around it. The Toyota ECU is pretty smart and is not easily fooled....

Sorry for my ignorant, so the pfc is a ecu replacement? So do you have tips on sportivo ecu "smart" overide?

Your best bet is to try and pull the error code off the ECU, this will tell you what the problem is and will give you some idea as to whats going to be needed to fix it.

Sorry for my ignorant, so the pfc is a ecu replacement?

correct ..... when u install a pfc the stock ecu is ripped out and the looms are plugged into the pfc..... u say that wen the car starts up that it has limited ur rev cut to 7K rpms .... now this might sound like a silly question but was the car cold wen u went out for a drive ? i.e. had it been sitting their for atleast an hour or 2 while u were doing the install and then u turned it on and went for a thrash and found this ?

If it was then there might not be anything wrong ..... the stock ecu will not let u engage lift if it feels like the car hasnt been warmed up properly .... this is to protect ur engine. If it was warm then as northy has stated start with seeing if its spitting an error code at u and go from there.

I have read about your problem on newcelica forums in america. A member there installed a V-Manage and experienced the same problems as what you described, he could lower LIFT but his rev limiter/fuel cut kicked in at 7000rpm. You might want to PM him and ask if he has fixed the problem.

I have gone trough that thread about the celica who get that v-manage. I think the sold it to a spyder at the end. Yet his problem still cannot be fixed.

Ofcourse i know i have to warm up the engine before i can do lift. But have u guys seen the Engine check light light up after u've started the car for about 3 seconds? Thats when the ecu was not able to do the diagonogistic check of the essential parts.

Yeah, do u know how i can pull out the ecu error code? that would be good for me to see where i go wrong. thanks

I have gone trough that thread about the celica who get that v-manage. I think the sold it to a spyder at the end. Yet his problem still cannot be fixed.

Ofcourse i know i have to warm up the engine before i can do lift. But have u guys seen the Engine check light light up after u've started the car for about 3 seconds? Thats when the ecu was not able to do the diagonogistic check of the essential parts.

Yeah, do u know how i can pull out the ecu error code? that would be good for me to see where i go wrong. thanks

go to a toyota dealership and explain your problem and what youd like to do and then get knocked back cause the service manager is a tool lol! another option is ask pricey he works at phill mccarrol toyota waitara he might be able to help you out

No dealer would actually wants to help us to alter the car specially the ecu. Aint there any aftermarket tools that can do the similar things? coz i am looking at long term solution rather than everytime have problem then have to visit them again. Unless u guys know any reliable tuner that can do the troubleshooting.

Unless u guys know any reliable tuner that can do the troubleshooting.

this option = $$$$$$$$

since its not a proven solution and u dont know exactly whats wrong any tuner who is gonna touch your car is probably gonna want a whole heap of cash up front and then tell u its an open ended arrangement and just charge u an hourly rate. Mate in all honesty no idea why u bothered with the vmanage when u could have just gone a PFC and if ur gonna say its cheaper im gonna respond with wats ur time worth given all this stuffing around ur gonna have to go through ....... anyway it is what it is ...... to get the error code off the ecu ur gonna need to find a mechanic that has bought the diagnostic tool or as stated visit a toyota dealer ...... even once u have the error code i dunno if ur average mechanic will be able to help u out as ur gonna need sum1 who knows what the error code translates to and then wat u need to do to fix it ..... my guess this is gonna have 2 be knowing sum1 who works or has worked for toyota.

the only way we managed to get the pfc going was through knowledge of toyota/ex-toyota ppl and im guessing this is gonna b the same situation.

yeah id listen to bill.................he knows his **** his stivo is a testimate to that.

unless you know a toyota tekkie who can hook IT up to your car and get the code and then translate what it relates to so you can figure out where the issue is id take it out and try the PFC youll be better off but then if you dont want our advice thats cool too

yeah id listen to bill.................he knows his **** his stivo is a testimate to that.

unless you know a toyota tekkie who can hook IT up to your car and get the code and then translate what it relates to so you can figure out where the issue is id take it out and try the PFC youll be better off but then if you dont want our advice thats cool too

Yeah is good advice and all. But the problem is i am stucked with this stuff on the car. So i was thinking to see wheather i can solve it or not for a period of time then i will return it to stock. I think tempering with the brain of the car is harder than i thought, i have to admit this is my 1st time experiencing these stuff thats why i want to go as deep as i can so i can put this on my next tryout.

But if there is a way to pull the error data out with the special maintainance device that would help alot. Or is there are way to ask the ecu to ignore the error.

But anyway, as the update.

-I found out the toyota is anoyingly smart even after i bypassed everything to factory on the v-manage. The engine start after that is fine, i can kick the engine to 8k rpm. But i shut down the car and start again the ecu limits itself to 7k but the lift still kicks.

-So that is one of the reason what makes me think the ECU can be requested to ignore the error. (i've also tried to remove the positive terminal). Not sure how those japs can do V-manage and E-manage ultimate on thier corolla runx.

-Another hope is for the greddy to produce firmware update which solved my hard to start engine problem. Hopefully the can get it work with "confirm" on the Runx which they had done with the JDM Celica.

regarding what your talkin about here is really low level signal and information analysis from the ECU.

now i have done this sort of stuff with computer and it is relatively easy to follow because nothing is going out of its way to make things difficult for you and there is plenty of information online on how certain CPU's, motherboards etc function so you can piece the information together.

However ..... with the toyota ECU this is not the case. Information is scarce ...... and generally a lot of toyota's electronics tends to have a toyota proprietary element to them which makes it even more difficult to work out. It was for this reason that Apexera (previously Apexi) actually took a while to release the PFC and i would imagine that this was with getting all the appropriate information from Toyota.

I think the crux of your problem still revolves around the fact that you "need" more information. Right now you really are speculating about what the ECU is doing. You dont have any tangible evidence to firm up the ECU's behavior other than how its reacting which i personally dont think is good enough for you to be able to act upon that info. The nuts and bolts of it is you need to get urself a toyota/ex-toyota contact to help you out.

Worst case here u might need to find out what information the ECU is expecting and when to be able to by-pass things and if that is the case you're going to need to find out the ECU procedural level coding so you can work backwards from that ..... again good luck sourcing that.

I previously purchased a piggyback where no matter what we did it wouldnt work with the sportivo .... in the end after a month or 2 of fiddling with it i sold it for half of what i paid for it ....... and ended up with the PFC after i also then fiddled with the unichip ...... so ill give u another bit of advice ...... there is a proven solution to this problem ...... if you want to be a pioneer be prepared to spend some cash and time which will be above and beyond the proven solution ...... if you want something that just works then cut your loses now before you invest to much of your resources into this.

Another path you might also like to try is contacting GReddy themselves and asking to speak to an engineer who knows the v-manage ...... i have spoken to many manufacturers while tryin to work things out for my sportivo and tend to find that most are willing to help as long as u use the right manners on the phone i.e. dont just ring up and say i have your product and trying to use it in my car you need to fix it ....... that wont work and wont get u far. U may need to explain the situation to several people so have a straight forward story of what you've done and what you want to do and how u want them to help u planned out before u ring bcuz mixed messages will just confuse matters.

Like i said mate ..... not that easy to pioneer solutions.

List of All CEL codes

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153205

how to read CEL without scanner

****WARNING - I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU TRY THIS AND SCREW SOMETHING UP - DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK ****

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271508

however i have been looking around and u could actually buy ur own odb code reader for around $100-$150 ..... i told you pioneering = spending some cash

Some general ODB-II Stuff

http://www.obd-codes.com/