New Kluger Tyres

Mikeyboy

Getting this afternoon 4 Yokohama 255 55 R19 for my Kluger Grande. Each $400 filled with nitrogen. It was the cheapest I could get them!!!

Couldn't find any reviews of fellow Klugers using these tyres so I don't know what to expect, and never used Yokohama before but there are good reviews overall in the net about these tyres so I'll give it a go and let you all know.

The Bridgestone D400 cost $389 each but wanted to try something else. Currently 45000kms and they need replacement already. :blink:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting this afternoon 4 Yokohama 255 55 R19 for my Kluger Grande. Each $400 filled with nitrogen. It was the cheapest I could get them!!!

Couldn't find any reviews of fellow Klugers using these tyres so I don't know what to expect, and never used Yokohama before but there are good reviews overall in the net about these tyres so I'll give it a go and let you all know.

The Bridgestone D400 cost $389 each but wanted to try something else. Currently 45000kms and they need replacement already. :blink:

45,000 - I only got 28k. I would be laughing if I had that.

Edited by 2011 KX-S Cosmos Blue

Fair enough!!! There are people claiming to have got 60000 kms out of the Bridgestones, so my disappointment.

The Yokohama feel pretty good so far, let's wait how long they last.

I have gotten 55,000 out of two sets of D400's - about to start on the third set. Bear in mind this is all country driving - no roundabouts, which IMHO are prematurely wearing tyres out across the country. I rotate them myself every 5,000 also.

• 1 year later...

for suv tires. use cooper tires you cannot get wrong with this. specially this tire A/T3 fits right to toyota kluger kxr. 50000kms warranty 245/65/17 OD 750 tire price is 380$ each.. sounds expensive but my cousins tires is already 3yrs old but still looks brandnew. you wont change a tire for five years or more... and this is almost everyday driving.. he drives around 60kms 5-6 days a week for work.

Edited by BillG

• 1 month later...

Just replaced the original (Grandtrek ST30) tyres from my 2011 KX-R AWD. Got 81000kms from them with a few mm spare. Ended up getting Dunlop AT-3's (245 65/17) at $200 all in for each tyre. Jax tyres price matched Tempe tyres in Sydney. Jax website states 'best price guarenteed' . I called the local store and they initially wouldn't price match, so I contacted them via their Facebook page and a few days later the local store called me and said the would offer the price match. Gave me lots of whining about how they were only making less than $5 per tyre, the price they quoted me initially was $285. Other local stores wanted over $330 per tyre. The 'Australia tax' in full swing, glad I didn't have to pay it this time. Have a look on tirerack.com to see how much we are being ripped off!

Edited by tracer71