need advice on getting new corolla this weekend

newbie here & need advice on getting a corolla this weekend.

Want to keep budget within 24000 (came across Mazda3 Neo Sport around this price but prefer Toyota value for money) and wondering best price that people have come across.

Also much difference between 07 and 08 model?

Any help is appreciated.

You'll be able to push the 07 model cheaper than the 08 model simply cause to the eye, that car is a year old... You look at the plate and see 07 and think a year old already, thats why they have the clearance sales near the start of the year to sell all the previous years build stock...

thanks a lot guys (and the prompt reply!). i'm counting on month end to give me a better price also.

rez, Conquest 24k - manual or auto?

btw, has anyone come across car brokers? Didn't even know they existed. Sounded good as last time had to spend 2 weekends going around 5 dealership to find the best price but then again, not sure if saving will ended up in commission for broker anyway...

Edited by themenace

Watchout when getting a conquest. The Ascent insurance is much cheaper as they haven't got the side airbags. But safety over money might be better just in case. I was very suprised. (We had an old model ascent and now a new model conquest).

24k should be manual i suppose

spent all afternoon to 3 different dealership & best I got seem to be 26k for auto. now i can understand what people were saying about the gear stick in the middle (with big hole underneath)!

24k should be manual i suppose

spent all afternoon to 3 different dealership & best I got seem to be 26k for auto. now i can understand what people were saying about the gear stick in the middle (with big hole underneath)!

26k drive away?

its actually not bad

Decided on a mazda2 instead. Can't believe not getting toyota, must have lost my senses when rushing to decision... :)

Anyway, thanks for the info guys as it's pretty spot on (with the price). Getting harder to find a starting price as 1 dealer said "everyone wants to be a winner". So won't giveaway anything unless they are the last one you talk to...