SPORTIVO REAR DEMISTERS

Hey guys, i own a pre-facelift corolla sportivo,

this morning i woke up early to drive my gf to work, and for the first time i must say turned on the rear demisters/ defoggers.

i dropped my gf off and then i was going to turn it off only to realise it had already turned off??? does it auto turn off after a certain period of time? or am i tripping out? i hope that im not the only one.

P.S. im a newb here, joined couple days ago, any help appreciated

The rear demister should turn itself off when you shut the ignition off, so if you stopped the car and turned it off when you dropped her off, then yeah, this is normal. It is set like this in most cars, to prevent unrequired use of the demister, that is when you stqart your car then the next day, and may not need it yet it's still on....

If you didnt turn your car off, then this is not normal.... I can't explain why it would turn itself off as they are not on a timer...

i didn't turn ignition off, and i also called up my gf to ask her if she turned it off and she didnt,

lol i copped an earful becaused i called her work just to ask that question. i will investigate this further by going to the carwash now

I think that they automatically shut themselves off once they reach a certain temp/ heat range. I have driven other toyota models that the rear demister does this on.