Need help haggling for a new Corolla Ascent Sedan

Hey guys,

Posted this in the UK forum this afternoon (duh!), so I'm reposting this here.

I'll be shopping for a new (first) car soon, and I hope to get a good deal this end of financial year (or end of May, apparantly the end of month is a good time to bargain too!). I was wondering if anyone has bought the 10th gen Corolla Ascent and what sort of price did they get for it, and obviously when...

I'm specifically looking at the Automatic Ascent Sedan, and not particularly fussed about colour (the default white looks fine). If anyone could give me some bargaining tips and figures it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to go for 20-22k drive away, as I heard the Lancer ES was going for about 19+k (not sure auto or manual) drive away during the end of the last financial year. Does financing or buying outright count? I'm definitely not going for dealer financing though.

Are there any accessories that are worth it? The only thing I can see are perhaps mudflaps and carpets. I wouldn't be drive long distances often, so mostly urban driving!

Thanks!

you might not have typed it in... coz under my nick you can see that it lists "from:2761".. thats just my postcode.

anyhoo, i believe lander toyota are chucking in a GPS and a couple other goodies when you buy a late model corolla. they start from $14xxx

unless youre after the current model? not sure bout that dude

Have you a trade in i have seen new corollas going for around $21 -22 thousnad drive away in Sydney. Go to a few dealers first and check out prices .Check out the friday paper as they can have some good deal there as well.

i paid 23k flat for my auto ascent hatch

im sure if you haggled hard you can get 22k

Did you get any extras (metallic paint, floor mats etc.) for your Ascent or was it just the base model with the auto transmission?

Have you a trade in i have seen new corollas going for around $21 -22 thousnad drive away in Sydney. Go to a few dealers first and check out prices .Check out the friday paper as they can have some good deal there as well.

Nope. Don't have a car atm. I'll try some papers, do you have any to recommend?

You wont get to far bellow 22.5k.

(At the right toyota that includes the little things like floor mats, window tints, etc)

Where in Sydney are you, PM me, might be able to help out.

I was wondering what sort of accessories that would be worth getting from the dealer. Will I be able to persuade a dealer to throw in airbags and/or Bluetooth integration for free for around 22-22.5k?

i bought my car after looking through the friday and saturday telegraph and then ringing a few toyota dealers in Sydney you can always bargain with them to throw a few extras like bonnet protectors mats and weathershields in especially as you dont have a trade. i bought my car from Pennant Hills Toyota new in 2005.

• 1 month later...

I bit the bullet today and got a new april 08 graphite gray auto ascent for 22.1k with mats, premium plates and headlamp covers from Castle Hill Toyota. Not the best deal but I think it's not too shabby either. Will probably get the car ready next weekend, can't wait!

Nice one! They are beginning to get cheaper :).

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, March 08 build, Sterling Silver Ascent Manual Hatch with mats, headlight protectors and bonnet protector for $21150. I'm more than happy. In a week I did 1100km :D

I bit the bullet today and got a new april 08 graphite gray auto ascent for 22.1k with mats, premium plates and headlamp covers from Castle Hill Toyota. Not the best deal but I think it's not too shabby either. Will probably get the car ready next weekend, can't wait!

Thats a very sexy colour mate, and a good deal don't be to hard on yourself!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! A graphite gray auto Ascent hatch is exactly what I'm looking for. My best offer so far has been $23,250 including $250 trade-in on my old car. Does anyone know of a dealer in Melbourne who can offer 22k?

cheers

Ben

You should shop around i just bought a conquest sedan manual wildfire red with mats , bonnet protector, electronic rust proofing and mud flaps inc all on roads i started at one dealer for around 30 120 and talked them down to 25,300 and that was pretty competitive as the 2nd best was 25830 so u have to shop around and bargin with them we went to 4 dealers and end of month and end of financial year is the time to buy a new car!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I ordered an ascent sedan in graphite for 20700 drive away (brand new 08 model, shipment due in in a few days)

The dealer closed the doors at 5:30pm, I haggled until 6:20pm. Talk about getting the last end of financial year deal :D

50 cents a lot of money,

you save 50 cents here,

you go somewhere else and save another 50 cents,

then u have 1 dollar ..................

• 1 month later...

I got my Corolla Ascent Auto with metallic paint (Sterling Silver), cruise pack and enhanced safety pack for $24,000 driveaway. I figured it was good deal since I estimated base price driveaway at about $22,500 and the two option packs were valued at around $1500. This price is in WA so stamp duty and rego based on WA rates.

• 2 months later...