Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know the story, and for that price, i'm happy to be ignorant... :lol:

but its a real shop down in sydney with an internet store too... so it cant be that dodgy... :)

meanwhile, thanks to daryl (again) and his muscles, the strut brace is on now...

and WOW... what a difference its made to cornering... should have done this mod a long time ago... :lol:

now i cant wait to do the rear sway bar... :D

well, again, thanks to daryl (i should keep that sentence as a shortcut on my keyboard! :lol:) i have my rear sway bar installed now...

and wow, what a huge difference... it corners so flat now... from previous experiance with these kinda mods, i knew what to experiance, but it still blew me away with how good they were... :D

although, now it really shows how ***** the tyres on the rear are!!! really really letting the car down... :(

but thats soon to be rectified... :D

oh and here's a pic of the rims next to the car... should look good i think... :)

photo_139.jpg

i dont know the story, and for that price, i'm happy to be ignorant... :lol:

but its a real shop down in sydney with an internet store too... so it cant be that dodgy... :)

BKS aka Ando got a few sets of tyres from St George too. I only had a set from them. Cheap as chips!

They trade on eBay and that's how I got to know them.

Otherwise, great looking rims! TOYTRD has a 17' version of that from memory...... and he loves it!

lol... well, you ring the guys from st george and tell them to send them up here by air and that you'll pay the difference... :lol:

hopefully they should arrive tomorrow... or maybe thursday, or maybe friday... :P

meanwhile, i went to goodyear near work yesterday to buy a new locknut tool for my current nuts and just outta interest, i asked what the best price was for the tyres i bought... he quoted me $360ea... :lol:

so definitely got an awesome deal me thinks... :D

:lol: good one dave...

hey evan, i think your belt is slipping on the s/c... i was gonna say something on thurs night, but i forgot... you better get that checked out asap... might as well get it tuned while youre at the mechanic.. :P :ph34r:

ooo, got the call from my mum saying the tyres have arrived... so getting them put on tomorrow during lunch if i get a chance... :)

dunno how i'm gonna take them out to ipswich though... i have very limited space in my car with the 4 rims in there already... :lol:

:lol: good one dave...

hey evan, i think your belt is slipping on the s/c... i was gonna say something on thurs night, but i forgot... you better get that checked out asap... might as well get it tuned while youre at the mechanic.. :P :ph34r:

ooo, got the call from my mum saying the tyres have arrived... so getting them put on tomorrow during lunch if i get a chance... :)

dunno how i'm gonna take them out to ipswich though... i have very limited space in my car with the 4 rims in there already... :lol:

hey ash,

i checked this morning, and the belt seems to be holding on tight...

Also, i hope these new wheels are going on today... just like you said :P

Evo

:lol: LMAO!!! sorry evan, i was just kidding when i said that... :ph34r:

didnt think you'd take me seriously!!! i was just having some fun at your expense... :ph34r:

anyway......... rims/tyres are on... :D :D :D

i reckon they look awesome in real life... the pics dont look all that good though...

for some reason the 'dish' on them look HUGE when you look at them in real life...

but i'm happy again... no more rubbish tyres on the back and good ones on the front... they're all good now... and the steering feels a lot lighter too... dunno if thats in my head or not...

1_225.jpg

2_121.jpg

3_117.jpg

:P figure that one out... yes, i'm a tease... :P heheeeee

So good to hear mate. Now you've got some good tires to back up your Ultra Racing gear. If you're Aurion wasn't black and in such great condition, I'd tell you to take her out to the track. But a black TRD like that should not go there :P

hehehe, yeah, the track is no place for my TRD... its just a nice comfy/fast daily for me... :D

my old silvia was for the track... but i didnt have the time/money/patience for all the **** that goes wrong with track cars... :lol:

You should click reply on his post. He forgot a 'w' in the address for the photos:

Images now shown in post above

And yeah, even in the photos that dish looks huge. I think it's because the spokes are so flat.

WOW!

what a treat! :o

i think these newies make your car look much more classier, and i hope you plan to keep them clean...

much simpler and by far easier then cleaning your previous wheels i take it :P

Evo

Hahaha very funny,one thing i'm not is confuser savy. :P

Anyway mate they look a treat really love the dish,well done :clap: ..btw is the car a bit dirty or is this a charcoal colored TRD. ;) any dramas with the width on the rears?