Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you marry me and can I borrow the car to get to the church... Thanks ;)

Pat on the back to you buddy, although I don't envy your bank account balance right now :s [lol]

And, based on information from your first post, I'm calculating that you would have now done over 1,000kms... Geebus... :)

Definitely a beautiful piece of motorcar. Its on my dream car list now. I'd so love to come for a spin sometime soon!!

Julez

:D

*Edit - If you want a decent shoot of the car, please let me know. I'd be honored to do a shoot with her!!

Edited by sportivo_65

• 2 weeks later...

this one is standard exhaust, dropped from the flanges before the rear muffler

(pretty boring as the sound difference was SFA!)

this one is standard exhaust, dumped at the cat. so no resonator, no mufflers or anything.

these were taken on a phone, so the sound quality isnt that great... the sound from the exhaust was MUCH louder than shown in these clips...

I've been in this car and I can't begin to say how underestimated it is with reviews. Was there with Secaboy at Gregory Terrace meetup on Thursday night. Good stuff on the number of people that rocked up.

lol.. trev is a mate... he is TRYING to be funny... :P

he reckon's his stock jzx100 (which he hasnt bought yet!) would be able to beat my trd... i tend to disagree... lol

granted, put an exhaust/fmic/intake/ecu on the x100, then i'll be seeing his tailights in the distance... :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

took the car to predator tonight for a dyno night...

after realising they cant run it on the dyno without turning the traction control off, they took the car off and i went on the net in their shop and found out the procedure to turn it off (thanks to TOCAU!! lol)...

so 4 cars later, my car went back on the dyno...

imo, those guys SERIOUSLY have no idea what they're doing on there... apparently the front of the car has no tow hooks, so they strapped it to the lower control arms... but every time he started going for it, it would come up on the rollers... so they also put the handbrake ON, so it would stop coming up on the rollers... :huh:

wouldnt that restrict the power because of the friction of the brakes being on?

then he reckoned that with ALL autos, you cant run it like a normal manual car where you just put your foot down because it kicks down a gear (even though he put it in tiptronic mode)...

i dont know much about dynos, but i reckon thats a load of BS... APC ran my old corolla on the dyno when it was auto and it never 'kicked down a gear'... :huh:

so anyway, as a result, the graph looks NOTHING like a normal graph and i dont even understand what its doing on it... :huh:

anyway, after all that, it made 248HP at the treads, which is 185kw...

i was only expecting a max of 180kw... so i'm happy...

plus the engine has only done 3,000kms... and i know with my accord euro, i didnt feel vtec (kick in yo!) until 10,000kms... so once the engine gets more kms on it, it may make slightly more power... who knows...

either way, it gives me a good idea of the base kws of the car... ;)

Edited by SecaBoy

test drove this car yesterday, omg i could feel cream comming down my pants, had a chat to old man now considering of trading my camry for one of these machines.

• 3 months later...

well, bit of an update...

i'm getting twin XForce Varex mufflers installed on the 13th Sep...

after hearing the vid clip of darius in melbourne, i was convinced that these mufflers are for me... so i bought them off ebay for $350 each (cheapest i've found so far!)...

cant wait till they get installed... :D

Ash, you really make me feel like doing mine too. Is is this model you are getting?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XFORCE-VAREX-REMOTE...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll probably wait for you to do yours and see the effect. The problem with my current setup is my wife complains it's too loud and my friends complain it's too soft. So Varex is the only way to make both sides happy.

yeah mate, thats the exact one... i bought it from those guys too...

super super fast delivery as well...

once i confirmed all the details and paid for it, they posted it that afternoon and i got it the next day...

i'll bring it out the thursday after i get it done... otherwise, i can meet up with you before the thursday... :)

i'm in the same situation... some people dont like loud cars and others complain that its not loud enough... :lol: