Wow!!! What a difference

KT_haha

Hi All

After a whole day's anticipation for my sportivo to have the recall performed, I got into my car after work, drove out of Sydney City Toyota. and WOW!!! I immediately feel the difference made by the recall! The rattling noise is completely gone from the gear shaft, now there's not a single rattle in the car, I can finally enjoy a peaceful drive. The slightly jammed first gear is also fixed, now the gear slides into from first into second very smoothly. :D :D I did not notice any increase of power in the lower rev ranges though, the lift still feels very distinct at about 6000rpm. The car feels completely different and I couldn't stop smiling all the way home. :D :D :D :D :D

They replaced the gear select cable, adjusted the clutch pedal, replaced the ECU, replaced the gear knob, the gear now feels heavier and smoother in and out of the gears. The air vent (without the aircon on) now blows cold air, where previously it always gave warm air without the aircon on. Don't know what the recall had to do with this.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KT

Hi All

After a whole day's anticipation for my sportivo to have the recall performed, I got into my car after work, drove out of Sydney City Toyota. and WOW!!! I immediately feel the difference made by the recall! The rattling noise is completely gone from the gear shaft, now there's not a single rattle in the car, I can finally enjoy a peaceful drive. The slightly jammed first gear is also fixed, now the gear slides into from first into second very smoothly.  :D  :D I did not notice any increase of power in the lower rev ranges though, the lift still feels very distinct at about 6000rpm.  The car feels completely different and I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

They replaced the gear select cable, adjusted the clutch pedal, replaced the ECU, replaced the gear knob, the gear now feels heavier and smoother in and out of the gears. The air vent (without the aircon on) now blows cold air, where previously it always gave warm air without the aircon on. Don't know what the recall had to do with this.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

KT

Why did they replace your gear knob?

Hi All

After a whole day's anticipation for my sportivo to have the recall performed, I got into my car after work, drove out of Sydney City Toyota. and WOW!!! I immediately feel the difference made by the recall! The rattling noise is completely gone from the gear shaft, now there's not a single rattle in the car, I can finally enjoy a peaceful drive. The slightly jammed first gear is also fixed, now the gear slides into from first into second very smoothly.  :D  :D I did not notice any increase of power in the lower rev ranges though, the lift still feels very distinct at about 6000rpm.  The car feels completely different and I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

KT

Why did they replace your gear knob?

probably because it's heavier and balances better?

Give it a couple of hundred kilometres or so and then you will start to notice the difference ecu recall makes. It took about 200km or so mainly with my wife driving and then me getting into it and hitting lift as much as possible. You'll notice a big difference in the 4000 to 6000 rpm range and the improvement in torque. ;)

My car has an annoying rattle that sounds like its under the dash. As I hit lift it gets more pronounced. Without the radio on it really freaks me out, I cant stand it. The funny thing is that a friend of mine says he has the same problem in his new Rav 4.

Is this noise present in your stivos? It has been there from as far back as I can remember. I dont know where to look. If any one know what causes this please share the solution.

My car has an annoying rattle that sounds like its under the dash. As I hit lift it gets more pronounced. Without the radio on it really freaks me out, I cant stand it. The funny thing is that a friend of mine says he has the same problem in his new Rav 4.

Is this noise present in your stivos? It has been there from as far back as I can remember. I dont know where to look. If any one know what causes this please share the solution.

we have that annoying rattle as well, mine came from the stereo region. There's a toyota fix here which changes the gear selector cable and gear knob, haven't heard a rattle from that area ever since :)

mikey

we have that annoying rattle as well, mine came from the stereo region. There's a toyota fix here which changes the gear selector cable and gear knob, haven't heard a rattle from that area ever since :)

mikey

Thats exactly where the sound seems to be coming from. To bad I don't benefit from warranty fixes here. I'll have to show my mechanic and ask him to look at those things you mentioned.

Thanks

Does this recall require a fee to be paid??

or is this covered by the warranty?

It's at no cost to the consumer however it covers only certain cars (from memory up to jan 2004 build ???? for the gearshift cables and not sure on the ECU change).

And yes, it is a different car to drive afterwards (with the clutch adjusted to spec from news bulletin 30/11/04). In fact they were my wife's words after returning back from picking up the car. She also added that she wasn't sure how she is going to keep here licence (because it now feels good to fang it). I chose to ignore that comment.

Cheers

gc

That's right, I paid nothing for the recall, and they even washed my car inside out after the recall.

Does this recall require a fee to be paid??

or is this covered by the warranty?

It's at no cost to the consumer however it covers only certain cars (from memory up to jan 2004 build ???? for the gearshift cables and not sure on the ECU change).

And yes, it is a different car to drive afterwards (with the clutch adjusted to spec from news bulletin 30/11/04). In fact they were my wife's words after returning back from picking up the car. She also added that she wasn't sure how she is going to keep here licence (because it now feels good to fang it). I chose to ignore that comment.

Cheers

gc

Give it a couple of hundred kilometres or so and then you will start to notice the difference ecu recall makes. It took about 200km or so mainly with my wife driving and then me getting into it and hitting lift as much as possible. You'll notice a big difference in the 4000 to 6000 rpm range and the improvement in torque. ;)

Yeah I have noticed that now, even without hitting lift or flooring it, I still seem to go sailing past people as im running up through the gears, 2000 to 5000 seems a LOT better now :)