Tyers and Stereo on the KX-S

HSR

$500 a tyre hmmm... why not go for 255/45-19. There are plenty of choices there.

Exactly. I have always, slightly, increased my tyre size when replacing the factory originals.

One thing to check on the Kluger is the clearance between the rear tyres and the strut. There doesn't seem to be much room there.

255 should fit fine.

I have 275/45-20 (8'5 x 20 rim) on mine............has 8 mm gap between tyre and strut.

My new wheels are going to be 265/35-22 (9x22) gap will be same.

Do they fit into the spare tyre holder?

Do you have any photos? I haven't seen a Kluger with different rims yet.

Not sure for spare.........its standard one.(same radius)........but don't think it would fit....too wide

You are right, there is no big choice for Kluger.

It took me 4 weeks searching for new 22's.......most 22's are 9'5x22 or 10x22 whats too wide for back. 9x22 fits nice but with 265 tyre.

I will post some pics once i take some photo's

BTW i will have my 20's for sale soon.

Do you know if going for a wider tyre affects insuarnce or warranty? my tyre guy advised seriously against it for these reasons?

You can declare wheel change on your insurance policy.

Warranty can be voided just for parts affected with wheel change....joints,shocks etc......but never heard of that happening (i work for Toyota)

19" does not look GOOD, they look FANTASTIC...

you know you want it Scott (evil smile) :whistling:

Lol Taka! Yes I DO want them, but do I NEED them? (my wife would seriously have a fit!) :spiteful:

I actually like the look on the 17's with the KXR's, it looks chunkier. Not that id part or swap them for the 19's but I do like the look of them.

Why thank you mrbishi, you're a gentleman and a scholar. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I would think the 19's would not necessarily be better offroad, but there might be less chance to slice your tyre offroad on a rock as the side walls are thicker and stronger arent they? Not that i intend to go serious offroading. Maybe some muddy stuff.

Just the fact that you can only get highway tyres not all terrain tyres in 19". All terrain is way better tyres in bushland or even slightly muddy stuff.

Tell you what I cannot get over a 20 degree slightly muddy slope... (I did not drop the pressure or turn off the traction control though)

Edited by Taka

• 1 year later...
Back to the topic. I have done some internet research on this.

The stock tyres of Porsche is Michellin :) and the latitude has a nice pattern (nearly the same as my Pilot Sport 2)

http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/other-tyre-n...in-latitude.htm

They do not come with a 245 but 255/50 is nice and have a higher load rating too (Michellin 255/50 is rated 107 where out stock tyre is 103??)

Here is the size difference in a table summary

Note the size difference can fix the underestimated speedo of the Kluger II too! :yahoo:

sizedifference-1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Kluger KX-S with 19" rims and standard Bridgestone 245/55/19 tyres shows a speedo that is slightly faster than actual speed? So if your speedo says 60 you're more likely be travelling at 58-59?

So you're suggesting that fitting the 255/50/19 Michellin tyres (2% faster) would help bring the speedo back to real world, more closley reporting the actual speed?

This would also mean that fitting the 255/55/19 tyres listed in the chart above (1.4% slower) would make the current difference in speedo/actual even worse?

Edited by whofan

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Kluger KX-S with 19" rims and standard Bridgestone 245/55/19 tyres shows a speedo that is slightly faster than actual speed? So if your speedo says 60 you're more likely be travelling at 58-59?

So you're suggesting that fitting the 255/50/19 Michellin tyres (2% faster) would help bring the speedo back to real world, more closley reporting the actual speed?

This would also mean that fitting the 255/55/19 tyres listed in the chart above (1.4% slower) would make the current difference in speedo/actual even worse?

It's the opposite. If the speedo currently reads fast (ie 104kph when actual speed is 100kph) then a tyre size that causes the speedo to read slower not faster is required to correct it. A 255/55R19 tyre will reduce the speed shown on the speedo by 1.44%. The absolute value of speed correction will vary with speed (ie -1.48kph correction @ 100kph true speed, -0.9kph correction @ 40kph).

• 1 year later...

HSR I do have this radio problem. Have been living with it for Over three years and no idiot at dealer will believe us. they just keep changing head units. Did you end up getting it fixed and if so what was it and who repaired it.