Clutch Pedal Adjustment

hey guys... i went to melbourne city toyota and lemans toyota toay... with the email from jenny stewart and the guyat melbourne toyota said its not the clutch adjustment.. he believes it the modified cable for it... is this correct? coz i booked it in to get change since its under warrantee... :lol:

both places said its not the clutch adjustment and they wont adjust it for me! :(

hey guys... i went to melbourne city toyota and lemans toyota toay... with the email from jenny stewart and the guyat melbourne toyota said its not the clutch adjustment.. he believes it the modified cable for it...  is this correct? coz i booked it in to get change since its under warrantee...  :lol:

both places said its not the clutch adjustment and they wont adjust it for me!  :(

Do you have a different feeling with your clutch after you got back your car??? Since most of us have got a slightly heavier clutch, and the friction pt was a bit lower then before.

I doubt these changes were due to the change of the cable ~ :huh::unsure::ph34r: I think the change of cable was for the vibration and rattle behind the cenral console at high rev.

IMO, I think they did something to the clutch.......

Correct me if something is wrong B)

What you guys reckon?? B)

Edited by Cooley

hi there guys just to add something a little differnt to this topic. i went to my dealer .. about the gearbox .had a look at the travel and fixed it .. but they also said they dumped the gear box oil and it had **** it self .. and said if its driven hard the oil needs to be replaced ever 30ks not 60 and not to uses synthetic oil as they have been add to the problem .. well let me no what u guys think hey .. but the cars drivin like a dream now very happy :lol:

i change my gear box oil every 5000km - this was trusty advice given by the guys from honda on one of the bmi videos. doesn't cost much and keeps the gearbox feeling nice.

it is neede4d to be changed heaps more frequently in close ratios and high revving engines

hey guys... i went to melbourne city toyota and lemans toyota toay... with the email from jenny stewart and the guyat melbourne toyota said its not the clutch adjustment.. he believes it the modified cable for it... is this correct? coz i booked it in to get change since its under warrantee... 

both places said its not the clutch adjustment and they wont adjust it for me!

I got my clutch pedal adjusted and it shifts perfectly everytime. If u take a look at the letter from Jenny it does state that it needs to be adjusted. Print that letter out and take it to them. It deffinitely did fix the issue.

I got my clutch pedal adjusted and it shifts perfectly everytime. If u take a look at the letter from Jenny it does state that it needs to be adjusted. Print that letter out and take it to them. It deffinitely did fix the issue.

Hi blackrolla.. yeah i did print out the statement from Jenny.S... but they say who is she? and that it isnt the clutch pedal adjustment ... :angry:

Edited by gOODbOYz

• 3 weeks later...

Probably old news now and I seem to be the last to have had it done, but at my 12 month service they replaced the gear cables and knob, also adjusted the clutch.

Not much difference in pedal feel, but gear change is much improved (still wouldn't say it's perfect, but definitely better than before). Best of all, no more rattles!

OK...Maybe the guys in ur state can tell u which dealer to go to get it done. I have got mine adjusted and as I said it is perfect now. The email that I got from Jenny Stewart after numerous complaints from most of us did specify that it does need to be adjusted. If they do not think it is the clutch pedal then I suggest u write an email to Jenny and state which dealer is not willing to do this for u. Hope she'll get things sorted for u.

Jenny.Stewart@toyota.com.au

For others who want to see the email that I got from her, here it is again:

Thank you for your recent email outlining the ongoing issues with your Corolla Sportivo.

Toyota Australia has investigated reports of gear shift feel/baulking during high rpm gear change on Corolla Sportivo. Our investigations have not identified any design or assembly faults with the clutch or related components.

However, the clutch pedal adjustment was found to be outside specification in some cases and has contributed to the reported gear shift condition. Please arrange inspection of the clutch pedal adjustment by your Warren Toyota as soon as convenient.

We thank you for bringing your personal concerns to our attention and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely,

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION AUSTRALIA LIMITED

Jenny Stewart

CUSTOMER RELATIONS CENTRE MANAGER

OK...Maybe the guys in ur state can tell u which dealer to go to get it done. I have got mine adjusted and as I said it is perfect now. The email that I got from Jenny Stewart after numerous complaints from most of us did specify that it does need to be adjusted. If they do not think it is the clutch pedal then I suggest u write an email to Jenny and state which dealer is not willing to do this for u. Hope she'll get things sorted for u.

Thank you for your recent email outlining the ongoing issues with your Corolla Sportivo.

Toyota Australia has investigated reports of gear shift feel/baulking during high rpm gear change on Corolla Sportivo.  Our investigations have not identified any design or assembly faults with the clutch or related components.

However, the clutch pedal adjustment was found to be outside specification in some cases and has contributed to the reported gear shift condition.  Please arrange inspection of the clutch pedal adjustment by your Warren Toyota as soon as convenient.

We thank you for bringing your personal concerns to our attention and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Stewart

Thanx for her email blackrolla.. i've emailed her to let her know.. lets hope she backs me up for this issue or else a blue corolla will b on for sale within the next few weeks :lol: :(

Toyota Australia has investigated reports of gear shift feel/baulking during high rpm gear change on Corolla Sportivo.  Our investigations have not identified any design or assembly faults with the clutch or related components.

However, the clutch pedal adjustment was found to be outside specification in some cases and has contributed to the reported gear shift condition.  Please arrange inspection of the clutch pedal adjustment by your Warren Toyota as soon as convenient.

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Stewart

UR A CHAMP blakrolla ! :D

Toyota rang me today and told me to bring my car in for investigation next thursday! :rolleyes: thanx alot !

finally get to smile wen im on high revs instead of the worried face ! :huh:

UR A CHAMP blakrolla ! 

Toyota rang me today and told me to bring my car in for investigation next thursday!  thanx alot !

finally get to smile wen im on high revs instead of the worried face !

No probs mate. I know how frustrating it can be. I was in the same shoes where my service center wouldn;t even look at the problem coz they think I was thrashing the car. I rang Jenny and spoke to her one time and then followed it by an email. She got it all sorted out with an email sent to me to tell me what to do. She's not too bad. Really helpful with my issues. Come to think of it I was meant to write a formal complaint to her about my old service center. They were hopeless.

Anyway hope it gets fixed once and for all. :D

[just dropped my sportivo off for 10,000km sevice and afeter arguing over price of service (was told $200 on phone got there to mct they tell me $280, the paper says $180 they uy then says $220).

sportivo1 , they also claim you contact does not work there anymore so no more discounted servicng.

anyway was complainingabout gear cable rattle at over 5000rpm and also hard to engage reverese and guy (name withheld) says ohh thats just the car, another worker over heard and piped in that "officially yesterday" a service bulliten was approved for clutch adjustment and cable replacement... will see when i pick it up at 1pm.... worth the extra $20 if they do it ($20 bet says they dont do squat).

rant/bitch session finished (till 2pm) ;)

No probs mate. I know how frustrating it can be. I was in the same shoes where my service center wouldn;t even look at the problem coz they think I was thrashing the car. I rang Jenny and spoke to her one time and then followed it by an email. She got it all sorted out with an email sent to me to tell me what to do. She's not too bad. Really helpful with my issues. Come to think of it I was meant to write a formal complaint to her about my old service center. They were hopeless.

Anyway hope it gets fixed once and for all. :D

My car is sweet now .. goes harder without the gear problems.. ! here i come v8's! Vroooomz :P :blink: :o

thanx again blackrolla! ;)

gear shift fixed, especially reverse... some time baulks from 2nd to 3rd when cold though but that is design not function of the gearbox as its ok when warmed up.

v8s are nothing now, but interestingly a stock corolla is better than a r33 gtst automatic skyline for a squirt. (I admit a lady with the worst seating position that could not see over the steering wheel was driving but wanted to go everyone and anyone... she got a reality check in lift).

Hi everyony i'm new to the forums and thought i was alone on this one!!!! every time i'd go for 2nd i'd feel sick!!! i've replace my shifter with one off ebay :rolleyes: and now swappingit with a TRD item i thougt this was the issue :angry: goo to know there is a fix out there now :D

what service centre's in syd do you know of that know of the problem and will fix it???