To buy or not to buy

yeboants

Hi,

New to the forum and hoping someone out there can give me some advice...

currently looking at a 2003 model Prado GX.. 4l petrol 6 cyl.

170 000km's on the clock going for $19K. this is a good price i reckon but need to know what you think?

very good condition used mostly for city driving.. no rust, chassis and underbelly in good nick.

interior not the best but still very good for the km's done. drives lovely still no quirks or any niggles that I could pick up on the test drive.

also it is fitted with a bullbar on the front.. think this is factory fitted.. want to know if possible this can be removed and replaced with the normal grill/fender for these models. any ideas if this is possible and where this can be done?

thanks in advance.

anton

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

New to the forum and hoping someone out there can give me some advice...

currently looking at a 2003 model Prado GX.. 4l petrol 6 cyl.

170 000km's on the clock going for $19K. this is a good price i reckon but need to know what you think?

very good condition used mostly for city driving.. no rust, chassis and underbelly in good nick.

interior not the best but still very good for the km's done. drives lovely still no quirks or any niggles that I could pick up on the test drive.

also it is fitted with a bullbar on the front.. think this is factory fitted.. want to know if possible this can be removed and replaced with the normal grill/fender for these models. any ideas if this is possible and where this can be done?

thanks in advance.

anton

Hi Anton,

My company recently traded my old company car which was a 2003 Prado to Toyota for $19k. The exterior was in good condition but the interior ended up a bit rough (due to mobile phone kits and 2 way radios fitted) as i was the 3rd person to get the vehicle as a hand me down. The 1st guy used to cart hay around in it the idiot and because he got fired he refuse to give back the 2 rear seats. It had approx. 170000K on the clock (gold colour) with a bull bar. The car drove great, very tight in the steering, strong gearbox, great on the sand and the only thing that was repaired were the pulleys and belt which were replaced at 160000k's.

You can always replace the bar with the normal grill (possibly from a wrecker or trading post or brand new from Toyota) for which you would have fitting costs at your Toyota dealer or 4WD shop, however I think the look of the Prado's with the bar is much better and it gives some added protection as well as the fact you can mount spot lights etc.