Third Party Damage Insurance

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at Third Party Damage Insurance as stated in title, since my girlfriend's Full Cover expiry is up. The car is barely worth $3000 so it's pointless getting full cover.

I've looked around to RAC ($300) and WQBE ($185). Does anyone know any cheaper alternatives with good service?

Basically we just want to cover for any accidental damages to other cars if she gets into one. I'm in Perth.

Thanks in advance,

Jase

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at Third Party Damage Insurance as stated in title, since my girlfriend's Full Cover expiry is up. The car is barely worth $3000 so it's pointless getting full cover.

I've looked around to RAC ($300) and WQBE ($185). Does anyone know any cheaper alternatives with good service?

Basically we just want to cover for any accidental damages to other cars if she gets into one. I'm in Perth.

Thanks in advance,

Jase

is this TP liability or TP fire and theft? theres a big difference between the two. some companies over both liability and fire and theft in the one policy, but youll have to shop around. i know sgio is specific to wa, so they might work out cheaper?

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Jase

Jase..i got quoted 3rd party by RAC for $270 n full coverage dropped from $2.1k to $1.2k

I got quoted by QBE $3k for full coverage..

Just for comparison..my fren drives an IS250 and his full coverage is $2.2 k :)

Prob its cos of age :) im turning " Tweenteen " :P n he just turned 22

Did u ask them over the phone or what jase? its best if u go n c them personally..

Sorry, to be more specific, "Third Party Property Damage Insurance".

I called by phone Jeremy, you reckon I should go in? I hardly have time. Might try on Monday during my lunch break. Or Friday...wanna come Jeremy? :D

Basically, I want the best price for the above ^^^^^ but just looking for people who's had previous experiences/same type of insurance currently so I can compare.

Especially when the driver is only 21 (girlfriend), I'm thinking it'll be a bit more than usual. The car is only worth $2k tho...so I'm not sure.

Please give any sort of advice :)

Cheers,

Jase

have u tried calling AAMI and JustCarinsurance? They are cheap, and cheap for reasons...

I got a quote from Just Car.. they r not much more resonable then the one i hv now (thou they are more then happy to insure all the mods i've done) but the excess on the policy were through the roof...

have u tried calling AAMI and JustCarinsurance? They are cheap, and cheap for reasons...

Care to elaborate? That's the thing, I'm sure certain companies are cheap for a reason...but would those reasons be stopping me from going with them?

Care to elaborate? That's the thing, I'm sure certain companies are cheap for a reason...but would those reasons be stopping me from going with them?

You dont want them to be TOO cheap :P u want them to be reasonable :D

too much stories.. some also can be found on this forum..

but as Jeremy says, get something reasonable and also, just keep in mind, they will be the boss, no matter what, you will lose.. that is if you try to fight..