CAI on 1zz

i currently have a SRI on my 1zz..it sounds great but i dont think its giving me any power gains.

i want to get a cai but what i would like to know is..what power gainz are the 1zz guys getting? over here in S.a the 2zz gets 14kw gain with a cai.wil it be the same? or not because the motors are different?

i just installed my CAI last night on to my 1zz and to be absolutly honest i noticed more noise then anything.

power wise it rev's hard all the way to 6,000rpm and slight drop off after that (redline is at 6,200)

i don't think it gets any faster tho, unless your you have a real sensitive neck and can feel the every 2-3kw gain (i don't think it will be any more then that)

as for nosie it sounds like a chainsaw masacre once the revs hit 4,000rpm, it not a swift hissing sound.

and for you guys out there with CAI's is it normal to have a humming sound on idle?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i currently have a SRI on my 1zz..it sounds great but i dont think its giving me any power gains.

i want to get a cai but what i would like to know is..what power gainz are the 1zz guys getting? over here in S.a the 2zz gets 14kw gain with a cai.wil it be the same? or not because the motors are different?

i just installed my CAI last night on to my 1zz and to be absolutly honest i noticed more noise then anything.

power wise it rev's hard all the way to 6,000rpm and slight drop off after that (redline is at 6,200)

i don't think it gets any faster tho, unless your you have a real sensitive neck and can feel the every 2-3kw gain (i don't think it will be any more then that)

as for nosie it sounds like a chainsaw masacre once the revs hit 4,000rpm, it not a swift hissing sound.

and for you guys out there with CAI's is it normal to have a humming sound on idle?

what kinda humming sound is it? lols.. when my car is stationary..it makes this errr sound..hahaha..like a steady sound..

n i think power is more noticable at higher end..like from 4000rpm - 6000rpm.. well thats just me :P

what kinda humming sound is it? lols.. when my car is stationary..it makes this errr sound..hahaha..like a steady sound..

n i think power is more noticable at higher end..like from 4000rpm - 6000rpm.. well thats just me :P

lets just say the induction noise is priceless ;)

I get the slight humming noise with my TRD CAI, but it's not noticable. At shutdown, i get a "purge" kinda sound, and when i down shift, you can almost hear a faint "fanny fart" as i drop down gears! :clap:

humming ive heard..purge kinda sound ive heard..but man..fanny fart..jayme that 1 u must show me!!!!

Best sound is when u stamp on the throttle from no throttle.. ahhh... i had some guy come up to me and asked if my car was turboed :blink:

i said no and he said coz it sounds really nice :P

Best sound is when u stamp on the throttle from no throttle.. ahhh... i had some guy come up to me and asked if my car was turboed :blink:

i said no and he said coz it sounds really nice :P

tell him u did..n pop ur bonnet :P n point to ur cai :P teehee xD

he`ll be like :blink: uhhhh

I get the slight humming noise with my TRD CAI, but it's not noticable. At shutdown, i get a "purge" kinda sound, and when i down shift, you can almost hear a faint "fanny fart" as i drop down gears! :clap:

humming ive heard..purge kinda sound ive heard..but man..fanny fart..jayme that 1 u must show me!!!!

LOL,, fanny fart... i think your on your own there....

as for my humming it sounds like a vacuum cleaner in the distance it seems to be coming from the T/B area, but you can only hear it when idleling, when i rev it the sound is covered up by the induction nosie.

i never really noticed but it seems like there are a few of us with CAI's on our 1zz's.. 1ZZ FTW :toast::toast:

as for my humming it sounds like a vacuum cleaner in the distance it seems to be coming from the T/B area, but you can only hear it when idleling, when i rev it the sound is covered up by the induction nosie.

i never really noticed but it seems like there are a few of us with CAI's on our 1zz's.. 1ZZ FTW :toast::toast:

agreed :P

1zz auto xD

1zz auto xD

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Hehehehe, yeah its VERY faint, almost like when you "sigh". It's a strange one, yes! I hear it on cold mornings, like this mornings freezing temps!

1ZZ CAI Manual FTW :toast::toast::toast:

iv just installed my CAI, car has made a big improvement in performance and the sound B)

why does a 1zz with a CAI sounds like it has some kind of a lift after 4500rpm..thers a thicker louder sound just like a 2zz

iv just installed my CAI, car has made a big improvement in performance and the sound B)

why does a 1zz with a CAI sounds like it has some kind of a lift after 4500rpm..thers a thicker louder sound just like a 2zz

VVTI FTW!! :P

my cai between 3-4.5~ rpm have a diff sound..when i go higher its another diff sound..

me love! :D k&n pod filter ftw :) ey ken? :P

My Levin has the same effect minus the CAi though, just a K&N panel at the mo'. I can only guess, if this makes sense, its the VVTi adjusting for "higher", (more spirited driving ) revs ? maybe the programing puts a step in there ad majority of working revs, idle and cruising don't call for such a step ? ...

From my expeience it's best to take off while in reserve gear at 5000rpm. you must try it some time - you will get a great launch :yahoo: but just mind the potholes! Here in Aussie land the roads can be a tad rugged in the outback.

Performance wise, have you done any other adjustments to your sportivo?? How many bhp is your babe pushing out?? :help::whistling::idea:

From my expeience it's best to take off while in reverse gear at 5000rpm. you must try it some time - you will get a great launch :yahoo: but just mind the potholes! Here in Aussie land the roads can be a tad rugged in the outback.

Performance wise, have you done any other adjustments to your sportivo?? How many bhp is your babe pushing out?? :help::whistling::idea:

1zz FTW! :)

u guys with the 1zz..at what revs(rpm) do you find it best to launch at? i launch at 4000rpm then im straight into 'vvt-i' and that gives the better kick..above 4000rpm

so you guys, what do you do?

• 4 weeks later...
obviously there will be a differance with a differant motor, the 2zz puts out an extra 30kw at the wheels than the 1zz therfore the power gains will be numerically less but relatevely the same percentaage wise. but just try searching the forum next time ;)

dude, i have performed a search and what i came across was not exactly what i was looking for. only usefull information i came across was when tayles stated the CAI works better on 2zz than 1zz but still good on 1zz

im looking for a comparisn between SRI and CAI on a 1zz and average power gains.

thank you.. :rolleyes:

ive taken my 1zz on the dyno with only cai and sportivo muffler and it currently puts out 83.9kw atw there is the average power gain

obviously there will be a differance with a differant motor, the 2zz puts out an extra 30kw at the wheels than the 1zz therfore the power gains will be numerically less but relatevely the same percentaage wise. but just try searching the forum next time ;)

dude, i have performed a search and what i came across was not exactly what i was looking for. only usefull information i came across was when tayles stated the CAI works better on 2zz than 1zz but still good on 1zz

im looking for a comparisn between SRI and CAI on a 1zz and average power gains.

thank you.. :rolleyes:

ive taken my 1zz on the dyno with only cai and sportivo muffler and it currently puts out 83.9kw atw there is the average power gain

wow thats one of the best dyno runs i'v seen for a 1zz,, 83.9kw, got to be happy with that.... i would be wraped if i got anything in the 80kw's... what cai are you running? TRD?