High Compression Pistons

Celica,Corolla Runx/Fielder,Allex,Will VS

Engine parts for 2ZZ-GE

High compression piston for 2ZZ-GE

The product was changed to aluminum forging while the standard is aluminum casting.

Molybdenum work is done to the skirt for the high compression piston while the standard piston is galvanized with steel on the surface.

These changes allow securing excellent sliding characteristics and good lubricity by the matching with the aluminum made cylinder and improving the initial break-in. Light weight of about 70g per piston has been achieved including the piston pin to improve the trackability in high rotating area.

The high compression ratio (11.5) of 2ZZ-GE engine has been improved to 13.0 by changing the form of the piston head.

The torque and response throughout the range will be improved by the high compression ratio of 13.0.

2ZZ-GE Piston, vis pin 13101-TF200 4 40,000 High compression specification(compression ratio about 13.0)

40,000 YEN ---- Roughly AUD$499

Forged part, light weight

Piston ring set 13011-TF200 4 5,000 For 13101-TF200 described above

5,000 YEN ---- Roughly AUD$62

YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS.. AND ALSO,, WHAT YOU THINK THE BENEFIT WOULD BE TO HAVE THESE INSTALLED ON OUR CARS>>>? WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

CHEERS

GREG

:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Greg,

The first thing that comes to mind for me with running the engine at a compression ratio of 13.0 would be fuel quality i dunno if in AUS we have the right fuel to run our engines at such high compression.... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

then again i might not know what im on about :P :P :P :P :P

cheers

Bill

Yeah i agree bill, i think theres a good chance it will ping lots, as mine does a little bit now just with a unichip if it gets a bad batch of fuel. I guess if its tuned right and you have a good source for fuel it would be worth it

Bill you took the words right out of my mouth(that line could make a hit song!)

My concern would be it pinging it's head off and the inconsistency in our fuel quality. 70gm is an extremely light piston and I would tend to think that it's life span wouldn't be a long one. Those sort of weights are very much race engine specs and designed to be replaced every so many hours of operation.

Most performance pistons weights that I've dealt with have been twice to three times that weight. Don't get me wrong they would make a substantial difference to the way a Stivo would perform. Definately more torque and a lot more throttle response right through the rev range. Prices seem to be reasonable but my only concern is lifespan cause I'd hate to be rebuilding my engine every so often cause of a collapsed piston or badly worn skirts or gudgens.Severe pinging would also not be good for them as well.

Sounds good but would have to see construction before I shell out the reddies!

Cheers SILVABULLIT.

Not really a problem as there is knock sensors built into the cars so it will retard the timing if it detects ping.

Some Motorsport and Rally style tuned cars run on Local Pump gas of 95-98Octane with high compression 12-13ratio pistons.

I'll show you a good example of the knock sensor working to retard timing + power on my engine :(

Works sort of like a fuel cut..

dsc000338pp.jpg

Most road going rally cars have aftermarket ECU's or have had standard programs re-written. I've been involved in the rally scene for the last 10 years and have heard the horror stories about some who chanced the standard ECU on high comp motors to only have some naassstttyyy detonation and a big dent in the hip pocket. Don't get me wrong it could be done but with a quality aftermarket ECU and tuned appropriately.

A couple of points.

1. The prices you quote are for each piston. If you buy ex a Japan source you will likely have to pay 5% consumption tax (GST), inland freight and postage ex Japan.

Not only is our price considerably less, you don't pay these extra 'bolt ons' when you buy from us.

2. These pistons are made for motorsport use. To run 13 to 1 compression you would need to run aviation fuel or similar (about 120 ~ 130 octane).

A couple of points.

1. The prices you quote are for each piston. If you buy ex a Japan source you will likely have to pay 5% consumption tax (GST), inland freight and postage ex Japan.

Not only is our price considerably less, you don't pay these extra 'bolt ons' when you buy from us.

2.  These pistons are made for motorsport use. To run 13 to 1 compression you would need to run aviation fuel or similar (about 120 ~ 130 octane).

bruce you are taking all my points :P

as bruce said greg thats each to x 4 = $2000 just for parts then you are looking at labour, i have seen a dyno from a 2zz running these pistons and the figures were around the 160kw mark