TRD Pads

I'm due to replace the pads on me T Sport.....................

the stock pads we get over here are made by Pagid - absolutelt 5hite! Nothing like the Jap produced pads we used too get <_<

Ive tried a lot of the common upgraded (apparently!) pads we get over here and have never been overly impressed - on my ae102 GXi the stock pads are better. Was looking at what was available for the E12 and couldnt find anything so i emailed Fensport about the TRD pads and they do some for the T Sport. Only problem being the price - the work out at about AU$160!

As far as i'm aware nobody on are forum has tried them - wonder if any of you lads had and what you thought of them?

I'm gonna upgrade the discs at the same time to grooved ones.

Thanks

Mike

ive got a big brake kit on the front so no TRD's there but im now running the TRD pads on the rears. My stock rear pads lasted for ages and since the rear doesnt do much work cant really comment to say if its been much better.

anyone running them front & back ?

ive got a big brake kit on the front so no TRD's there but im now running the TRD pads on the rears. My stock rear pads lasted for ages and since the rear doesnt do much work cant really comment to say if its been much better.

anyone running them front & back ?

thanks xoom - Fensport didnt recommend the TRD pads at the rear probably for the same reasons you mention but if the front ones impress me i'll just swallow the cost - i will uprate the rear discs as well more for visuals and the misses loves the sound of grooved discs.

the stock pads over here dont last - really poor quality :(

if i had the money i would go for a big brake kit but i dont so..........

How much did the rear TRD pads cost? TRD stuff is really expensive over here, the TRD strut brace cost me around AU$315 - or is that a similar price to what it costs you's?

Edited by AE102

Only problem being the price - the work out at about AU$160!

I'm not using TRD pads, but I pay a lot more than that for my front pads.

Here is a listing of available pads and their specs for the e12 Corolla http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=10160

The rears don't do too much, so don't be in a rush to replace them. I've been trying (not very hard) to see if the UK 2zz version has difference front calipers than that of the SA/Japanese 2zz version. Would you be able to tell me the part number on the back of your stock pads or the part numbers of upgrade pads you definately know fit so I can update the part list?

i am using TRD black series pads front and back with stock disc.

i change the stock pads at 45000km with 4 track days, front still have about 3-4mm left and the rears still have plenty of meat left.

TRD black now done about 22000km with 2 track days and front only about 10% left. surpisingly the rears only have 30% left

overall i am very happy with it.

here are two related links:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11409

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15010

using trd front and stock rear (have trd rear at home)

no noise.. great stopping power... BUT its fricken dusty!!!

the front wheels are all covered with dust after 1 week!! and i drive only drive 5 days max a week.

so now im looking at other pads!

thanks for the replies - i thought a few of you would use them.

Superdave, thats a pretty comprehensive list you made list you've made - top work. no problem sending you the part numbers. what pads are you using? i thought $165 was about the max but i think seen some Endless pads that where a lot more but they aint road legal over here not that you could get caught out.

Dennis ZZE12, TRDUS and XploShun i gather you recommend them then? dust doesnt bother me as our stock ones over here are real dusty. You's are using the Black ones - whats the difference between the red and black? not sure which ones i got quoted on - i'm presuming the reds are more for track? i think the life your getting out of them is good - our stocks you really have to be gentle with the brakes to get 16000km - rears dont do much more! 22000km and 2 track days is good in my opinion and 45000 on stocks!!! you must get Jap produced pads as stock? my ae102 stock pads are Jap and they outperformed many so called performance pads - cough EBC cough!

The stock pads we get Tayles are made by Pagid - look on our forums and the brakes are the biggest complaint, i'll put a link on for you. i tried some on my ae102 and wasnt impressed - worse then EBC in my opinion but they werent expensive - they may do good upgraded pads for the E12 but i have no experience of them, i can only go on what i've tried.

Edited by AE102

Superdave, thats a pretty comprehensive list you made list you've made - top work. no problem sending you the part numbers. what pads are you using? i thought $165 was about the max but i think seen some Endless pads that where a lot more but they aint road legal over here not that you could get caught out.

I'm currently using Endless SSS pads. Not a proper track pad, but it wont crumble with the heat and the dust comes off easily. They will glaze after 5 laps of hard driving, but they do come back after you wear through the glazing. Cost me about $180, bought the set so only guessing the price for the fronts.

The Type R compound would be a better selection from Endless.

• 3 weeks later...

the TRD pads arrived today :yahoo:

just need some decent discs to go with them. probably some grroved Tarox discs - unfortunately they dont do rears to match.