Fan is making noise

J@Se

Hi guys,

I was driving home tonight and I had my aircond on and it was making this really strange noise. More of ticking sound coming from the air panels. It only happens when I switch on the air but when i turn it off, the sound goes away. Has anyone had this problem b4? If so, what is causing it and how do i fix it?

Thanks in advance folks. :) :) :)

Cheers,

J@Se

Hi everyone, this is my first ever posting. Happy New Year to all !!! The only clicking I hear is a loud one when I turn on/off the a/c, dont know if this is normal with the corollas, cause my wife's daihatsu doesnt make any noise at all when the a/c is turned on/off

The noise has mysteriously disappeared the following day. I have no idea what happened..it just stoped making that noise all of a sudden. I'm going to get toyota to check it out regardless.

Thanks anyway guys.

Is the noise inside and there with the fan on a/c off ? could be leaves in the fan blower wheel. if the the noise goes away with the a/c off it could be the head pressure in a/c system too high and cutting the compressor in and out. could be a number of things but if is just leaves in the blower wheel (from parking under trees) toyota will charge you. if it were any other problem i.e. gas pressure it should be warranty....

If it was a very hot day and the noise was the compressor cutting in and out due to high head pressure, toyota may have over gassed your system, on a cooler day the problem wont show up and toyota won't know what you talking about when you compalin....

dale2176, thanks for the info.. Unfortunately, it's too late. They charged me for getting it looked at as there were some leaves that were jammed up the fan blower wheel.

If only I had jumped on to the forum earlier!!! Oh well, lucky it wasn't an expensive exercise.... :(