JAX TYRES @ Thornleigh, Sydney!

leasaunce

Hey all,

Just wanna let u all know (especially the people in Sydney) DO NOT Go to JAX TYRES at Thornleigh. The MANAGERs SUX!

just today, had to swap my alloys with steels (nuts were provided by me), at first they were going to charged me $30 :blink: , negotiated with him and he said "ill see how long it will take" :angry: long story short, at the end I paid $20 for a 4minutes job.

When my brother took his Supra there for a new set of tyres, they took it a test drive after, BUT when he took his OLD BOMB Civic for a new set of tyres they DIDN'T take it for a test drive and gave the keys to him. <_< :blink: Aren't they supposed to take it for a spin, check the tyres are properly fitted and balanced? (oh man, these guys reminds me of K-Mart Auto at Castle Hill, they too are CRAP! took my car for a 15mins drive, with AIR COND ON)

months before this, I asked Bridgestone Waitara to swap my steels with the alloys and they did it for FREE :toast: (They even told me that i'm missing a ring for one of the alloys).

I'm so NEVER going back to that shop AGAIN! I gave me one more chance today thought they've changed but I was wrong.....

They have to make something off the work that they're doing otherwise they won't last long in Business...

$20 is pretty cheap for a wheel swap for someone who's just walked in off the street...

Most tyre shops won't take cars for test drives unless they do wheel alignments...

Just wondering if Waitara did it for free last time, why didn't you go there again???

And if you don't wanna pay for a wheel swap then get out your jack and wheelbrace lol...

They have to make something off the work that they're doing otherwise they won't last long in Business...

$20 is pretty cheap for a wheel swap for someone who's just walked in off the street...

Most tyre shops won't take cars for test drives unless they do wheel alignments...

Just wondering if Waitara did it for free last time, why didn't you go there again???

And if you don't wanna pay for a wheel swap then get out your jack and wheelbrace lol...

I didn't have time, as this afternoon was my only free time for this week. I was planning to go there, but traffic was horrible. I was thinking of doing it myself, but our driveway still wet from the rain and its as steep as mt everest. Plus im jst too weak n lazy...

and yeah they did wheel alignments to the two cars.... <_< suss....

LOL dude I would have just gone for the wheel brace and trolley jack option too... You didn't have time but you drove all the way to a tyre shop to get it done?

Hahaha it's funny they took the Supra for a tester, didn't even try to make it inconspicuous!

• 1 month later...

Mabe its just Jax anywhere then. I very recently spent $1850 on new rims and tyres at a Jax Quick Fit. After driving my car for a day it felt really weird so I took it to my local Beaurepairs to have it checked (the Jax store is a hour drive from me and I didnt want to drive that far how it was). After checking my car it was found that no one of the tyres had the same pressure in it as well as ....

Rear Axle individual toe left - +3.3mm, right - -0.3mm

Front Axle individual toe left - -2.9mm, right - +5.0mm

Beaurepairs was horrified at how bad it was. I am heading to the Jax store this week to have a few words and will NEVER be going back. :angry:

well i just got an insider news....

my friend he used to work for JAX TYRES, you know how you can fill up your tyres with nitro.... well if you ask them during the busy peak, they'll probably will fill you up with normal air.... even though you paid $3/tyre.

the shop where this person used to work, they do it regularly. The best day to get it done is monday, as its the quietest.... Just a tip from this person. :)

Yeah that wouldnt surprise me. I reckon Jax charged me for a wheel alignment and didnt to that either. Jax in NQ charge $8 a tyre for Nitro. <_<

WHAA?? you got ripped.... im pretty sure it would've been better for NOS :P LOL

Edited by leasaunce

Yeah that wouldnt surprise me. I reckon Jax charged me for a wheel alignment and didnt to that either. Jax in NQ charge $8 a tyre for Nitro. <_<

WHAA?? you got ripped.... im pretty sure it would've been better for NOS :P LOL

Lol. :D All I can say is I will never, ever go there again. Found another prob today, we went to take my wheels off to paint my calipers and we couldnt get them off. They had tightened them so much with the rattle gun that we had to go find someone that had one to get them off. :angry:

Lucky I didnt get a flat somewhere...I wouldnt of been able to change it :(