Before & After Wax Applications

Wixy

hello!

for those of u who would like to know the before and after effects of a typical 3 stage process looks like on a car, here it is!

Products: All Meguiars

Car: Mazda6 Sports Luxury

Paint Type: Metallic Black Paint - Clear coat

1. wash with megs lambswool & nxt gen wash formula - dry with megs chamois

2. megs clay kit

3. paint clean some areas and applied scratch x applications

3. polished with megs deep crystal polish

4. waxed with current nxt gen wax version 1.0

leftside is the finished product, right side has only been washed, not clayed.

Image1web.jpg

Image2web.jpg

Image4web.jpg

Edited by Wixy

Did you photoshop it to make it look darker on the left hand side? lol.

I can't even make out the 2nd picture.

and the 3rd picture, why would u wax foam?

i don't get it. sorry :unsure:

The foam was not waxed, the surface is the bonnet, lol i shoulda mentioned that, but its the top surface of the 1 bonnet...

and u seriously cant tell the difference between the left and right sides?....?

NOTICE the line down the middle....

no photoshop was used, LOL

its a WHOLE bonnet but on the left side is the waxed bit, and the right side is the un-waxed bit....

i used masking tape to separate the bonnet down the middle, hence the line, the left is darker and the right is lighter...get it? :(

so its 1 whole bonnet, not part of a bonnet with before and after shot. mmmm maybe i should take another foto...

Edited by Wixy

The foam was not waxed, the surface is the bonnet, lol i shoulda mentioned that, but its the top surface of the 1 bonnet...

and u seriously cant tell the difference between the left and right sides?....?

NOTICE the line down the middle....

no photoshop was used, LOL

its a WHOLE bonnet but on the left side is the waxed bit, and the right side is the un-waxed bit....

i used masking tape to separate the bonnet down the middle, hence the line, the left is darker and the right is lighter...get it? :(

so its 1 whole bonnet, not part of a bonnet with before and after shot. mmmm maybe i should take another foto...

Just playing with ya man!

You did so well that it messed up my observation. :P

Great job!

oh yea DCH09, the paint was metallic black, the picture was poorly shot as the sun was behind me - hence it looks grey.

darker coloured cars are preferred, but yea, this was as close as i was gonna get...metallic black.

the problem with clear coats is that when u detail it, the undetailed side looks more "shiny-er" than the detailed side due to the wax combinations.

still yet to find someone with a solid single-stage black or red car, a bit hard to find nowadays seeing everyone goes for the dual coated clear coat finishes.

Master Detailers give u results like THIS baby:

On the left side is a heavily neglected red single stage paint work, heavily oxidized and sun dried tomatoed hehe

SingleStageRed2.jpg

Edited by Wixy

oh yea DCH09, the paint was metallic black, the picture was poorly shot as the sun was behind me - hence it looks grey.

darker coloured cars are preferred, but yea, this was as close as i was gonna get...metallic black.

the problem with clear coats is that when u detail it, the undetailed side looks more "shiny-er" than the detailed side due to the wax combinations.

still yet to find someone with a solid single-stage black or red car, a bit hard to find nowadays seeing everyone goes for the dual coated clear coat finishes.

On the left side is a heavily neglected red single stage paint work, heavily oxidized and sun dried tomatoed hehe

SingleStageRed2.jpg

thats probably done with a high speed buff to achieve that result isn't it..

thats probably done with a high speed buff to achieve that result isn't it..

yea, the awesomeness of machinery,

if one were to try and achieve that by hand, it would fall off i reckon.

SingleStageRed2.jpg

Done a few cars like this in my time that's for sure. Once you get a good name for yourself as a detailer cars like this I refused to do as most of my customers owned cars in the prestige/sports/show cars and or nicely modified categories. People who own the cars like that pictured often wanted to haggle about the price or whinged that it was too expensive although the results were like that in the pic above hence my deciding to do work only for people who didn't whinge about what it cost but moreso were happy with the end result.

Good work Wixy. Nice results!!