Road Tests

brezza76

I have been trawling the internet trying to find road test data on the grande model. Wheels has tested the KX-R, but i cannot find any reviews for Grande. But what I do find is alot of territory reviews. Why???. For the price there is no other small SUV with that level of equipment (it is basically the same level as the Lexus RX but 20K cheaper). I am sick of reading about Ford Territory's. I test drove one when deciding, and they are a 4WD falcon, the base model has nothing in it and the level of refinement was no where near as good...ok I will stop my rant now....

I have been trawling the internet trying to find road test data on the grande model. Wheels has tested the KX-R, but i cannot find any reviews for Grande. But what I do find is alot of territory reviews. Why???. For the price there is no other small SUV with that level of equipment (it is basically the same level as the Lexus RX but 20K cheaper). I am sick of reading about Ford Territory's. I test drove one when deciding, and they are a 4WD falcon, the base model has nothing in it and the level of refinement was no where near as good...ok I will stop my rant now....

We had a Ford Terrorist at our university and in 12 months I blew the head gasket and the rear differential in it! They are a rubbish car! use a stupid amount of fuel are so very unreliable, have pretty much the WORST engine ever made that has done more head gaskets than John Howard sucked c0cks while in government (and that s allot!). I would never own one they are a total heap of crap.

The reason you don't see so many reviews of the Kluger is because it will bury the local car industry overnight with their rubbish SUV's (Captivated and Terrorist!) the performance is but one aspect of this (read my reviews) the other is the economy and the quality, again its on another planet its so much better.

Get On It :)

We had a Ford Terrorist at our university and in 12 months I blew the head gasket and the rear differential in it! They are a rubbish car! use a stupid amount of fuel are so very unreliable, have pretty much the WORST engine ever made that has done more head gaskets than John Howard sucked c0cks while in government (and that s allot!). I would never own one they are a total heap of crap.

The reason you don't see so many reviews of the Kluger is because it will bury the local car industry overnight with their rubbish SUV's (Captivated and Terrorist!) the performance is but one aspect of this (read my reviews) the other is the economy and the quality, again its on another planet its so much better.

Get On It :)

I also drove a Captiva and a Mazda CX-9...I cant really fault the Mazda it was nice, bose sound system, 20in wheels, leather everywhere but the deciding factor was that even the dealer said it was a bit heavy on petrol. But the Captiva took the cake, I steped in, closed the door and I swear it was metal on metal, the level of refinement, nil and no room at all, but what really floored me...wait....$46K on the road for the MaXX model. Joke. But I have read good reviews on that car...I just dont get it.

We looked at the cx9 and found the interior space inferior to the kluger, also the fuel economy would be worse. Therefore even though it looks bigger, in reality, it isnt. In fact i believe due to the way the kluger is designed. it would have more interior space than its Prado big brother, i just saw that in the showroom yesterday when i was getting the 1000k checkup. Although i would have liked the lockable 4wd system for offroad and the adjustable suspension...but for $80,000! get out of here!

We looked at the cx9 and found the interior space inferior to the kluger, also the fuel economy would be worse. Therefore even though it looks bigger, in reality, it isnt. In fact i believe due to the way the kluger is designed. it would have more interior space than its Prado big brother, i just saw that in the showroom yesterday when i was getting the 1000k checkup. Although i would have liked the lockable 4wd system for offroad and the adjustable suspension...but for $80,000! get out of here!

My sister has a Prado GXL, great car, very reliable, cheap to service, but $60K with the level of equipment the same as a hilux? no leather, no sat nav, no I dont think so.

The Prado would definitely be better off-road than the Kluger, but that's not what we needed. I reckon the Kluger has more interior space than the Prado, is better appointed and cheaper! That what won us over :)

The Prado would definitely be better off-road than the Kluger, but that's not what we needed. I reckon the Kluger has more interior space than the Prado, is better appointed and cheaper! That what won us over :)

I drove the GXL Prado and 100% the Kluger has more interior space by a long way. Today driving to Lakes Entrance I saw about 10 to 12 Terrorists and 3 Klugers ;) Once it gets out just how good these cars are we have you will see the Terrorist :ph34r: being abandoned on the sides of the road! Such an ugly car too!

I saw a Turbo one in orange and he was too scared to "man up" after I smashed him in an overtaking lane lol..... heaps of crap, probably too scared to do another head gasket or 25lt per 100km lol

Prado diesel is something to die for. Other than the tubro diesel, it is still not a proper Landcruiser. The downside I read from the 4X4 magazines is that Prado has a low ground clearance than some gun 4x4. My friend's Prado diesel went for a 4x4 day and the rear bumper got smashed by a tree trunk inside the river. At the same time, all the Pajero and Discovery went passed the same space without ANY problems.

So Prado has it limits off road, but the diesel is very nice and the tank is enormous. I believe you can upgrade to over 200L tank. Talking about not requiring to refuel for a month. haha.

The kluger has a pretty good ground clearance too, its 206mm, much better than territory and nearly as much as a pajero at 210mm.

I still would like to see how good the kluger is to know its limits, anyone got a dirty muddy backyard?

The kluger has a pretty good ground clearance too, its 206mm, much better than territory and nearly as much as a pajero at 210mm.

I still would like to see how good the kluger is to know its limits, anyone got a dirty muddy backyard?

Mine has a bit more clearance since I took off all the under body plastic crap :) you maybe can tell in the picture :)

I live on a farm and have taken it up and down the shooting range and around the back paddock (quite steep, places where the old 60 series will not go without engaging the manual hubs) and she does very well indeed, its quite impressive for a soft sports car come van with leather seats lol, about the only thing that limits it is the size and position of the fuel tank but its pretty good for what it is. If I find my self on the track with camera handy I'll take some pictures of the increased clearance :yahoo:

My FWD took some heavily corrugated and rocky stepped roads easily over Queens Bday weekend. Only scrapped bottom twice and I think that was the towbar. Was all dry stuff though.

I found these two comparison reviews, but there's not much else been done by the Aussie media... I think the Kluger is something of a quiet achiever and often gets overlooked (I know I nearly overlooked it when we were in the market... nearly bought a Territory!!! :blink: )

CX9, Tribecca, Kluger

Dodge Nitro SXT, Ford Territory TX, Toyota Kluger KX-R, Holden Captiva CX

Cheers!

I found these two comparison reviews, but there's not much else been done by the Aussie media... I think the Kluger is something of a quiet achiever and often gets overlooked (I know I nearly overlooked it when we were in the market... nearly bought a Territory!!! :blink: )

CX9, Tribecca, Kluger

Cheers!

dodge nitro is probably the ugliest car i have ever seen...it would be in my top ten at least along with the ssang yong stavic

CX9, Tribecca, Kluger

Cheers!

the kluger "Lacks Territory's handling finesse"...whos he kidding, the territory has the turning circle of an oil tanker...

CX9, Tribecca, Kluger

Cheers!

the kluger "Lacks Territory's handling finesse"...whos he kidding, the territory has the turning circle of an oil tanker...

I personally have never driven a worse car than the Terrorist! it was a total heap of dog *****... and thats after about 3000km of analysis + I don't get paid by Ford to give a favorable review lol

I have driven a Terrotory and a Nitro.

I don't know what all the fuss is about with the Territory. Probably because it's a Ford mag's like Motor, Wheels, et al fawn all over them. And the seats are built for your average fat-****d Ford driver: like lounge chairs. The one thing that I did like, which is quirky, was the adjustable foot pedals. Other than that, nothing struck me as fantastic.

The Nitro would possibly have the worst driving position that I have ever seen. With a dash that comes down far too low, I found that I had to extend the seat a long way back in order for my knees to not be up against the lower dash, yet my wife had to almost have her face planted in the steering wheel so she could reach the pedals. neither situation would be particularly desireable in a crash. And the quality of interior finish was, well, American. :rolleyes: It did go though, and I liked the slide-out cargo floor. That's a good idea.