Handling Bars

Guni

As for me going for the whiteline rear sway instead of the UR 16mm rear anti roll bar, it was economics ;) and i doubt it will make much diff. Stockies are 19mm + 16mm might make it a little stiffer but I was afriad it would be too stiff.

Stock is 19mm on Sportivo's only, 21mm on the rest (haven't check the wagon though).

the TRD one is 24mm

23mm

Good to see they fit after your leap of faith.

As for me going for the whiteline rear sway instead of the UR 16mm rear anti roll bar, it was economics ;) and i doubt it will make much diff. Stockies are 19mm + 16mm might make it a little stiffer but I was afriad it would be too stiff.

Stock is 19mm on Sportivo's only, 21mm on the rest (haven't check the wagon though).

the TRD one is 24mm

23mm

Good to see they fit after your leap of faith.

Thanks for the corrrection super ;) and yes, mine is a stivo so its 19mm. I can't wait to get my new sussy in ... just waiting for the front control arm bushings.

• 7 months later...

Just a few things to note personally,

The front sway did quite a bit for me i reckon. Makes my conering better. How ?

Surprising to note, less understeer and more controlable oversteer. Honestly feels better. Could be that I've got quite a bit going on the rear already and having the front just balance things out.

The TRD Rear Strut on the other hand is a little over kill for me now looking that I have the rear control arm bar + rear sway. Removed it and up for sale!!! :D

p.s. my back still looks like that as I still can't be bothered putting back all the trim :P :P :P :P :P :P

I'm looking forward to reading your opinion about the front lower tie-brace. I think that combined with +castor poly LCA bushes would give the front of the car more stability.

My car is lacking over-steer at the moment, and I am considering the rear brace you have, or the additional rear sway-bar that Ultra Racing make for under the torsion beam.

Before I worry about that, I think I will get camber bolts for the front, and replace my old worn out Turanzas with Bridgestone Adrenalins. :)

Gav.

ding ding ding, right answer gav

bars don't count for much out there (i won't say the word), it's all about how you like the car to handle. maybe 0.2 of a second.

i heard that from the best stivo driver out there and it's entirely true

whitestivo

Gav,

I changed my LCA bushing when I lowered my car and steering does feel more positive + camber bolts so that's a recommended +

The UR front lower bar I got from seems to do its job quite well but its been wet lately in Melb so haven't been pushing it but it did perform and hold up well on the track. Highly recommended.

As for the bars I already have on the rear, I think that's the reason the rear strut brace was not doing much for me. I could possibly feel more should I not have the UR Rear Control Arm bar but that would be a pain to remove.

Phil, just for you.

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

;)

guni

nice work mate, love the photos, i got no idea what sort of car that is, looks a bit like a starlet from the rear

is the plan to step up to the stivo at the ..... now?

whitestivo

not sure mate.

whatever makes you happy :rolleyes: