Chipping a 1zz

~10kw with an emanage can be had, have to be carefull with the ignition advance before the knock sensor takes over and pulls all the ignition advance out of the map.

The only way you'll make real increases in power with the NA 1ZZ is with more ignition timing, tuning the AFR's does SFA really.

I'm not aware of any companies out there that can "chip" the denso 1zz ecu at this point in time, most use piggyback ecu's.

the smt is the same as any other piggyback ecu really, you still should monitor the knock level and ignition advance with an OBD2 scantool while tuning to ensure you're not going too far.

just get the apexi power fc from mrs ask YDOIT4 about what he did. it works brilliantly and its gut wrenching power increase of 110nm of torque with headers and clutch

powerFC is the way to go ..... unless u wanna spend the big bucks and get a motec M400 ...... the independant ECU will just give u total control over all aspects of running ur car. something a piggy back cant do in this situation

• 2 weeks later...
powerFC is the way to go ..... unless u wanna spend the big bucks and get a motec M400 ...... the independant ECU will just give u total control over all aspects of running ur car. something a piggy back cant do in this situation

so for the 1ZZ should we get the FC unit for the MR-S? do we need to mod the wires for it to fit?

JC

the power fc for mrs will work on the 1zz corolla! where are you bozurolla??

Thankyou…..so has anyone installed this on their 1ZZ-FE?

JC

I have the powerfc in my levin and if you come to the meet this saturday i can show you it is definately worth the money if you plan on doing anything else to your car this will squeeze all the power out of it possible

Ill be heading down to WSID in the next week or so and im sure ill be able to pull something out of it better than 15.6 <_<

the power fc for mrs will work on the 1zz corolla! where are you bozurolla??

Hello der,

I have the FC in my Ascent three years ago & the settings my mechanic & i have used have been very impressive,as in powerwise its noticable but at present im so used to it 'i want more'

I originally bought the FC to match with the SC kit ,but now my intention to give my car to my lil brutha so i've shelfed the SC kit option til we're ready