So who got an iphone today?

Having used the HTC Touch Diamond... I highly doubt it is a iPhone killer.

No doubt it is a good WinMo phone and even with HTC's TouchFlo interface (which is quite nice) it does not even come close to the iphone in terms of usability, design, functionality, etc.

But such is the downfall of any WinMo phone with a custom interface. HTC have taken the ugly WinMo interface and dressed it up, and because of this and the way application, etc are developed for WinMo it is never going to have the nice, uniform interface and usability of the iphone.

Because the iphone os was designed from the ground up to look nice and function well, and all applications (official ones anyhow) have to go through a review process and meet certain quality standards (in theory) all of the iphone applications integrate with the OS properly and all follow the same type of user interface as the OS itself.

Since the first generation iPhone was released in the USA, there have been many phones touted as 'iPhone Killer' and not one has lived up to the hype.

I think if anyone are going to make an iPhone killer, it will be HTC... but its definitely not anything from their current lineup. Maybe when the android platform becomes more widespread or the next version of WinMo comes out apple will have something to worry about, but right now. The iPhone isn't going anywhere

Having used the HTC Touch Diamond... I highly doubt it is a iPhone killer.

No doubt it is a good WinMo phone and even with HTC's TouchFlo interface (which is quite nice) it does not even come close to the iphone in terms of usability, design, functionality, etc.

But such is the downfall of any WinMo phone with a custom interface. HTC have taken the ugly WinMo interface and dressed it up, and because of this and the way application, etc are developed for WinMo it is never going to have the nice, uniform interface and usability of the iphone.

Because the iphone os was designed from the ground up to look nice and function well, and all applications (official ones anyhow) have to go through a review process and meet certain quality standards (in theory) all of the iphone applications integrate with the OS properly and all follow the same type of user interface as the OS itself.

Since the first generation iPhone was released in the USA, there have been many phones touted as 'iPhone Killer' and not one has lived up to the hype.

I think if anyone are going to make an iPhone killer, it will be HTC... but its definitely not anything from their current lineup. Maybe when the android platform becomes more widespread or the next version of WinMo comes out apple will have something to worry about, but right now. The iPhone isn't going anywhere

check out the htc touch pro (Y)

As much as I really hate Apple, I must say, the iPhone is definitely a sweet phone. In terms of design and functionality, the iPhone beats any other Windows Mobile based phone out there. With that said though, I'm still a Sony Ericsson fan and will either buy an X1 (Windows Mobile 6) or a C905. Your phone of choice all comes down to what you really need. The extra features of the iPhone just aren't usable enough to justify buying one.

But yeah; go the iPhone.

But if you 'jailbreak' it and install an app called SwirlyMMS then you can send and recieve MMS's just like any other phone.

Ok call me naive but how do you "Jailbreak" it?? :huh: My son really wanted one till he found out you cant MMS.

Edited by Sweety

• 3 months later...

ive just got one for my wife.. 8gig.

at the moment.. or should i say the last couple hours ive been trying to download version 8 of itunes. still at 76% at the moment. y do you gotta have itunes in order to get this damn thing up and running?!?!

until then, apparently i cant do anything more than make an emergancy call?! and whats up with the NO USER MANUAL in the box? too much stuff in the iphone to write about so they didnt bother making one or something?

ive just got one for my wife.. 8gig.

at the moment.. or should i say the last couple hours ive been trying to download version 8 of itunes. still at 76% at the moment. y do you gotta have itunes in order to get this damn thing up and running?!?!

until then, apparently i cant do anything more than make an emergancy call?! and whats up with the NO USER MANUAL in the box? too much stuff in the iphone to write about so they didnt bother making one or something?

apple didnt want to pay the pritniting fee.

lol or their printer ran out of ink or some stupid crap lol!

anyways my modem has been reset so many times today after hanging @ 78% of the download of itunes. my modem is finally working properly and its only taking a minute or 2 to get to 80% .

personally i still like dropping my phone, but the one thing i like about the iphone is that you can buy a ipod video and say its an iphone, and no one would know. Just dont like the docking station, phone tends to fall out of station

i've had my 16gb black iPhone for about 4 months now, seems like an alright phone, though a few issues with the current firmware :(

after a call the phone's screen will turn off, then wont turn on after pressing the button quite a few times

and the amount of updates on the app store is very annoying grrrr :@

other than that its a pretty sick phone, love using the wifi to sign on msn without having to turn on the main pc :D