20" rims

dharsh

Hey

I just wanted to know if anyone has 20" rims with 245/35/20 tyres on an Aurion yea.

I hope to get some put on mine - but was hoping to clear a few issues first, namely:

-How have ppl found the ride quality compared to the stock 215/55/17s - like is it a lot bumpier, or harder to drive?

-Has anyone noticed a decrease in power or increase in fuel economy?

-What sort of rubber have ppl wrapped around their rims and how long have they lasted?

I only want some new rims for cosmetic reasons, and since moving up to Brisbane feel like without big chromes my ride lacks the attitude demonstrated by so many cars in the sunshine state.

Any help will be appreciated,

Cheers

Hey

I just wanted to know if anyone has 20" rims with 245/35/20 tyres on an Aurion yea.

I hope to get some put on mine - but was hoping to clear a few issues first, namely:

-How have ppl found the ride quality compared to the stock 215/55/17s - like is it a lot bumpier, or harder to drive?

-Has anyone noticed a decrease in power or increase in fuel economy?

-What sort of rubber have ppl wrapped around their rims and how long have they lasted?

I only want some new rims for cosmetic reasons, and since moving up to Brisbane feel like without big chromes my ride lacks the attitude demonstrated by so many cars in the sunshine state.

Any help will be appreciated,

Cheers

Hey dude, yeah mate i had 245/35/20 and they will be fine if you dont want to lower your beast. If you are even thinking bout lowering your beast, which i recommend, because it just makes the car look that much better. When i lowered my beast the 245/35/20 rubbed on the inner guard, I tried adjusting camber, pulling the wheels back, actualy everything under the sun, but at the end of the day i had to change and go to 245/30/20.

If you go 245/30/20 there are only a few brand of tyres that are load rated at that size for aurions. But my tyre guy said hopefully by the begining of next year, more brands will be brinnging out smaller profiles with higher load ratings.

Mate quality isnt too bad, obviously not soft as the original wheel, but at the end of the day, you will have to weigh up style with comfort. "Driving your grandmothers car and it feels good, or having a nice looking ride that rides a bit harder. The ride is a bit harder but still a nice ride. Not as bad as 24inches.

Power and fuel, havent noticed any major diffs.

The brand for the 245/35/20 was toyo and they were good. But had to go to Nankangs (load ratings reason) when i went down to 245/30/20, as the other brand that was load rated was at the other end of the price scale and I was quoted at some ridiculas price.

Hey cheers for the info bondie...

How much did you lower it by? And was that on Kings or something else?

I have to admit I haven't checked out the Toyo's available in the 245/35/20 - but the Falken FK452s seem appealing atm yea - I can get them for $300 per tyre when they seem to retail around the $480 mark at Bobjanes or Jaxquickfit.

How much were the Toyos?

Hey cheers for the info bondie...

How much did you lower it by? And was that on Kings or something else?

I have to admit I haven't checked out the Toyo's available in the 245/35/20 - but the Falken FK452s seem appealing atm yea - I can get them for $300 per tyre when they seem to retail around the $480 mark at Bobjanes or Jaxquickfit.

How much were the Toyos?

Mate I chucked in the Pedders sport rider lowered springs which what i can recall it dropped it about 4.5 cm. Now when he first told me, I thought only 4.5 - thats sh*t, but when he brought the car round the front, it looked sh*t hot. It made a huge difference in looks. It will lower a little bit more once it settles in as well.

The reason i put in Pedders springs, was when i was looking through this forum/website, i notice that someone had problems with king springs and had to remove them, and everone else was saying pedders was the way to go. It cost me about $600 smackaroos, but there are guys on this website that have got it cheaper.

But once lowered i had to go 245/30/20 because the 245/35/20 will rub -trust me. But if you want to keep the 245/35/20 tyre - then you can lower it, but will have to put a spacer in, but they will only do that if it will be safe. I couldnt be bothered testin it and mucking around, so in the end I just changed my tyres.

The other guy in this forum said he lowered his car down only so much. Pedders only had one setting with their springs, but atleast you know this has been safety tested before it being sold on the market, and if anything goes wrong they are responsible. And plus i didnt know any place that customs springs, where they lower it to your liking, so i had no choice.

I got my Rims and tyres for a package deal. But I think it worked out to be $350 per tyre, but because the package deal was the cheapest in brisbane i went with it. I think it was $3000.00 rims and tyres fitted and balances with allignment.

But i got a choice between Toyos and Falken to put on for the same price. But I think it is a personal choice, as tyre people were telling me Toyos will feel softer than falkens but falkens will last longer that Toyos. But mate ive never had Falkens, i was just going off word of mouth.

Yeah stay away from your comerical dealers, they will drive a stake through your heart and charge you the earth for it.

Mate i attached a photo of my car when it first got lowered, it has settled in a lttle bit more from then. You will notice even it was only lowered 4.5cm, it looks like a huge difference from the standard suspension.

Hope this helps, good luck buddy.

Bondie.

Edited by BONDIE