ae92 trueno stuff

hey ladies and gents, im new to this club so please bare with me

im looking for parts for my Ae92 trueno and also some information about the car and engine.

parts im looking for are: light lenses, intercooler cover(top mount) and a front bumper as mine was damaged when i bought the car.

i have read that the 4agze started out at 107kw in 87 but was revamped in 89 with a knock sensor and oil squirters which brought

it up to 121kw. but a friend of a friend recently told me they were all 121kw, cananyone confirm any of this information for me as a dont want to buy a newer engine if it is not necessary. and if anyone can put me onto any good a reasonably priced parts distibutors in south australia i would

be very grateful.

thanks guys

The series 1 GTZ AE92 Levin's and Trueno's had a bigport 4agze, similar to the AW11 GZE but with DLI ignition. They ran 8.0:1 compression and have an airflow meter instead of a map sensor. This engine makes 145ps@6400rpm and 19kg.m@4400rpm

When the series 2 AE92's were released, the engine was updated to the smallport head, compression raised to 8.9:1 and ECU etc changed to run a MAP sensor and an intake air temp sensor added to the #4 inlet runner. The power did increase up to 165ps@6400rpm and torque up to 21kg.m@4400rpm.

My experience between driving the AFM GZE v's the MAP GZE is the AFM GZE is really slow and gutless.

To source a new intercooler cover your best bet is to buy one new from toyota, which will be ex-japan.

You can try purchasing through importmonster.com.au from the Yahoo Auctions for parts, there's SFA parts locally for AE92 Trueno's.

• 8 months later...

Apparently you can turbocharge the AFM one using the factory ecu and AFM. Turbo manifolds are relatively cheap. Replace the inlet manifold with a normal bigport one though. Unsure if it is this easy with a MAP one.

A few import wreckers can be helpful with these, as far as parts go. Can be a bit of a wait though.

Good luck with it!

Apparently you can turbocharge the AFM one using the factory ecu and AFM. Turbo manifolds are relatively cheap. Replace the inlet manifold with a normal bigport one though. Unsure if it is this easy with a MAP one.

A few import wreckers can be helpful with these, as far as parts go. Can be a bit of a wait though.

Good luck with it!

If it's a GZE, get an aftermarket intake and exhaust manifold, turbo, oil lines, etc and it's all basically bolt up. Providing you're running smallish boost figures, it will be fine - MAP will work just the same as AFM (which will be harder to pipe).