Suspension change that owner of aurion made

dannywss

rims size doesnt matter when u lower unless u goin to like 22's or somethin stupid but its to do more with the way a 18, 19 or 20 looks in the wheel arch after its lowered with a lower profile tyre.

if anyone goes pedders i can guarantue (spelling?) itll lower it by 42-45mm and after about 6 months or so it'll be lower again once the settle im guessin to as low as 50mm my now scraps on the wheel arches and certain speed humps when it never used to but hasnt got any worse since (not that its a bad thing lol).

when i installed my pedders i used spring compessors to get the old ones off and to put the new ones on i simply just pushed on the top hat and screwed the nut on with no spring compressors and im only little weighin in at 68kg. so u could understand that it loweredit definately more than 30mm.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rims size doesnt matter when u lower unless u goin to like 22's or somethin stupid but its to do more with the way a 18, 19 or 20 looks in the wheel arch after its lowered with a lower profile tyre.

if anyone goes pedders i can guarantue (spelling?) itll lower it by 42-45mm and after about 6 months or so it'll be lower again once the settle im guessin to as low as 50mm my now scraps on the wheel arches and certain speed humps when it never used to but hasnt got any worse since (not that its a bad thing lol).

when i installed my pedders i used spring compessors to get the old ones off and to put the new ones on i simply just pushed on the top hat and screwed the nut on with no spring compressors and im only little weighin in at 68kg. so u could understand that it loweredit definately more than 30mm.

So did they say to you when u rang them that it would drop 42-45mm? are they sport Ryders?? And how is the quality compared to the tock ones?

sorry for all the question im just curious :)

nah they didnt say nothin but i took measurements from the chassis to the ground b4 and after and got around 42-45mm drop

pedders only make the one spring for the aurion so i pretty sure it was a sports ryder version.

the quality is way better (i think) its obviously stiffer and lower so the ride is much more responsive with turning and accelration and braking is much more predictive thru bumps.

if i was u man i wouldnt hesitate to drop it on its **** but hey thats just me i cant have a car thats not modded at all its just not right lol

yeah they probally would but by then i reckon i would be tempted to change them at that time anyway but im runnin the standard shocks aand the work fine on the bumps they rebound nicely so it doesnt jar u in the car and they have enough compression dampning as well ill change mine when they cactus dont see the point until then but thats me hehe

hmm...

well im tossing up between, lowering the car with pedders springs or kings... watever...

OR

going with the coilovers...

price wise the shocks and the springs replaced seperately would be more expensive overall then the coilovers right?

depends what u get some coilovers or most coilovers are outa this world exspensive depends if u wanna a race car or road car and be bothered changing the 10,000 differnet adjustments on them

well hahaa

coz i got quote a grand for the Yaris coilovers (Tein) now i'm not sure if that is the genuine price...

but i was thinking it would have been cheaper than replacing the shocks on a later date given a lower springs would kill the shocks around 40k km mark... (referring to those road use coilovers...)

cheers

well hahaa

coz i got quote a grand for the Yaris coilovers (Tein) now i'm not sure if that is the genuine price...

but i was thinking it would have been cheaper than replacing the shocks on a later date given a lower springs would kill the shocks around 40k km mark... (referring to those road use coilovers...)

cheers

if i were u, i get the tein, no arguement about that :)

well hahaa

cheers

Wen i rang fulcrum last week i asked them for a quote on tein's for my car and they said they are not sure if they can get them for the aurion and will have to ring the states and ring japan. If they can i will for sure go for them!!! speedz if you find out any more on the coilovers please let me know :)

well hahaa

cheers

Wen i rang fulcrum last week i asked them for a quote on tein's for my car and they said they are not sure if they can get them for the aurion and will have to ring the states and ring japan. If they can i will for sure go for them!!! speedz if you find out any more on the coilovers please let me know :)

last time i asked, they dont have.. sadly.. but as told, if there is, it wont be just a grand for sure. definately much more than that

depending on what series i reckon minimum of 2k for tein coilies

yup, normal price would b around that, but again, NO aurion in japan, u can guess what is the result then.

whiteline in australia, sydney i called once, he was happy to do R&D if someone could provide an aurion. biggest issue would b, i m in Vic. And for R&D, i think probably need to go back to visit them every now and then=troublesss.. <_<

yup, normal price would b around that, but again, NO aurion in japan, u can guess what is the result then.

whiteline in australia, sydney i called once, he was happy to do R&D if someone could provide an aurion. biggest issue would b, i m in Vic. And for R&D, i think probably need to go back to visit them every now and then=troublesss.. <_<

do they have the camry is japan?

do they have the camry is japan?

thats exacly wat i was thinking...Surely they have camrys over there and dont they have the same suspension setup as the aurion???

Hi All,

have been told that the Kings Springs will cost about $550.00 through Wilkinsons in Perth and they use King Springs however price does not include camber bolts.

Pedders have advised $1030.00 with camber bolts and Sport Ryder springs.

A mate has sent me to APC who have said Eibach springs for around $1100.00. Has anyone heard of Eibach? He told me that the King Springs will sag over time lowering the car further, is this correct or a sales pitch?

Edited by zr nate

On my usual eBay browsing, I came across these:

eBay: Toyota Aurion Sports Suspension Springs

Shame that I don't live close by to the seller. I would be tempted to buy those otherwise... even though I reckon having my car lowered would be a PITA given all the different places I drive around.

Ive spoken to the experts regarding both Kings and Pedders springs who have installed many on the Aurion on the past

They have never had to install the camber bolts, so im going without at this stage.. From what ive been told/ Read Kings will give u a 30mm drop while pedders would be closer to 40mm.. I went with Pedders, springs arrived today, getting them installed shortly. $600 all up including wheel alignment.

Ive spoken to the experts regarding both Kings and Pedders springs who have installed many on the Aurion on the past

They have never had to install the camber bolts, so im going without at this stage.. From what ive been told/ Read Kings will give u a 30mm drop while pedders would be closer to 40mm.. I went with Pedders, springs arrived today, getting them installed shortly. $600 all up including wheel alignment.

thanks Spags,

where are you that Pedders quote $400.00 cheaper? Thats only if you don't mind answering!!

thanks Spags,

where are you that Pedders quote $400.00 cheaper? Thats only if you don't mind answering!!

Kalgoorlie mate.. Sourced springs from Tyrepower $350.. Ultratune to fit $200. and then alignment at Ian Diffen if needed for $40

done deal! thats without the camber kit... I rang pedders myself, the guy said hes done aurions and not needed the kit.. So for now i decided against it.

thanks Spags,

Kalgoorlie mate.. Sourced springs from Tyrepower $350.. Ultratune to fit $200. and then alignment at Ian Diffen if needed for $40

done deal! thats without the camber kit... I rang pedders myself, the guy said hes done aurions and not needed the kit.. So for now i decided against it.

thats all i paid as well, although im a mechanic and got them at trade price and i also got the camber bolts so it leveled out to that price i only put the bolts in to "cover my *****" so to speak.

hey spags ill have to come and see ya when im in kal next week im comin down for the aussie safari as a support mechanic should be there about wednesday i think ill pm ya when i get there.

v8toy

F$#k the coilovers boys...........................Pedders shouldn't be any more $$$ than say $600-$650, any more and they are taking you for a ride. Don't be scared to get them done by the Pedders lads, I am glad I did it, wish it was done earlier to be honest.