Can't wait for SatNav DVD ver 15 coz Eastlink drives me nuts!

Taka

I have to admit that Satellite navigation is become a must in the car. You can see some old Nissan that barely worth a cent will have a $300 plus sat nav hanging on their windscreen. I mean their portable sat nav screen is brighter than their brake lights... <_<

What Where is DVD has not catch up on is the current news. I wish woman voice inside the DVD have update her news on the current affair or todays tonight and found out by now that the Eastlink was open a few weeks ago and traffic is flowing well.

However, this lovely women keeps saying every few hundard yards of Eastlink, "next 2km, traffic restriction may apply.... ple...ase respect local traffic regulation."

I really want to strangle her but I don't know which button to push :angry:

http://poweredby.whereis.com/shop/Whereis-Online-Store.html

Now checking on the website, only VDO is updated. Come on, get your acts together whereis staff! :angry: <_<

If there is anyone want the V14 version. I am using a copy and working fine, but a double layer disc is required.

I have to admit that Satellite navigation is become a must in the car. You can see some old Nissan that barely worth a cent will have a $300 plus sat nav hanging on their windscreen. I mean their portable sat nav screen is brighter than their brake lights... <_<

What Where is DVD has not catch up on is the current news. I wish woman voice inside the DVD have update her news on the current affair or todays tonight and found out by now that the Eastlink was open a few weeks ago and traffic is flowing well.

However, this lovely women keeps saying every few hundard yards of Eastlink, "next 2km, traffic restriction may apply.... ple...ase respect local traffic regulation."

Now checking on the website, only VDO is updated. Come on, get your acts together whereis staff! :angry: <_<

If there is anyone want the V14 version. I am using a copy and working fine, but a double layer disc is required.

Are you saying that the V14 includes redlight, speed camera warnings because that is what the pdf in your link implies.

I think that the Kluger SatNav is a load of crap especially since it costs upwards of 2K. You cannot change anything while it is moving, there are no speed camera or light warnings nor are there any speeding warnings. My wife has a Tom Tom, it is a little slower when calculating the route but she knows when she is exceeding the speed limit as well as where red light camera's or speed camera's are located has bluetooth ability and can play mp3.

However both units suffer from false advertising as their spoken instruction should be accurately called whispered instruction.

Another major drawback is that the screen is fixed and is unreadable whenever there is direct sunlight on it.

If you do not have SatNav inbuilt don't waste your money on the Denso unit.

No there is still no red light camera installed, let's hope for v15 in denso version.

It is lack of some features of portable units, but I found they work in tunnel where they estimate your location using car speed and point to the exit accurately. I also found the instruction for turning is quite accurate.

I like the fact that you can get areas you need to avoid the traffic. Only the traffic condition input will improve that, and that is possible to only some selected portable unit and I think you can insert the radio data input to the denso unit if the service is available. We need that.

You can increase the speaking voice of the instruction. 1-7 voice levels. I am on 7 and increase while driving. So even my kids at the back can hear it.

• 1 year later...

Hi Taka,

Sorry to hijack your thread but i tried to PM you and your inbox is full.

I have an 04 Grande Kluger and have just found these forums whilst searching for ways around paying dealer prices for the GPS maps - i bought 2nd hand and there isn't even the original disk with my car. Its been almost 2yrs now and i still cant justify paying the dealer prices when i own a tom tom. I know TT is still rated better than the in car but i REALLY want the ease of it all in dash and access to the calender!

You seem to be the one in the know around here? Do you recommend somewhere to download from? I have done a bit of a torrent search but am not sure how to go about it.. none have comments or many seeds and all are .rar files so am not sure how to burn and in which format once i unzip? So many Q's!

my email is jesse421 at hotmail dot com if you want to reply there coz your pm is full.

Thanks for your time. I hope to hear from you soon!

Jess x

No there is still no red light camera installed, let's hope for v15 in denso version.

It is lack of some features of portable units, but I found they work in tunnel where they estimate your location using car speed and point to the exit accurately. I also found the instruction for turning is quite accurate.

I like the fact that you can get areas you need to avoid the traffic. Only the traffic condition input will improve that, and that is possible to only some selected portable unit and I think you can insert the radio data input to the denso unit if the service is available. We need that.

You can increase the speaking voice of the instruction. 1-7 voice levels. I am on 7 and increase while driving. So even my kids at the back can hear it.

Traffic info is available as an option for most portables now. It is a relatively expensive accessory with most selling for $150-$200, but can be bought cheaper on ebay from Europe (The one for my TomTom cost $60 by comparison). The coverage is only Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Perth metropolitan areas at the moment. I've found in Brisbane that it generally only covers the motorway system and some of the major roads that fall under State rather than Local Government as far as congestion is concerned. It also can have quite a lag (ie sitting still in traffic while the GPS is showing all clear), and then there are some major roads that never have any information. It does display accidents on minor roads, road closures and traffic light malfunctions. I've been using it for 12 months now and it has improved considerably in that time. It is not up to the standard that is available in Europe, but hooefully it will improve. If you can find a cheap antenna on ebay, and you live in one of the areas covered then it is probably worth it.

Edited by Kesawi

Taka I couldnt see a huge differance in Ver 15 when compared to Ver 14

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Taka, I'd love a copy of Ver 14 if its still available, I'm still running Ver 10 that came shipped with my Prado.

Please PM me if you can help.

Cheers Alex

Yes Alex.

Sorry a few people have request my V14 and I have not been able to make it.

I just warn people that I will be using DVD+R DL (dual layer) as it is the only disc it will take 5Gb and work on my Kluger.

Ok, if I have time this weekend I will burn them. Please PM me with your address by Sat night and I will send them off Monday/Tuesday.

Taka