FINALLY GOT MY RIDE

TOOGUD

DEAR ALL,

Finally got my Grande after 4 weeks wait.. Went over all the switches and dials with the sales rep in the showroom. not exactly the perfect weather to get the car but watever.. happy with everything n the sales rep actually showed that the headunit has treble, mids n bass controls.. hmm mayb they r standard.. n the speaker output is not realli too bad.. may juz replace the factory speakers with FOCALS n put in some amps becos i tink i wont be putting any Tweaking control interface because there isn't much space to stick another control unit at the dash. Am happy with everything so far but fingers crossed everything goes well.. Catchya guys soon..

Cheers ;)

You are doing well. I thought I was doing the right thing and buying local (WA) as I could have got the same deal in NSW and had it delivered in 12 days. I signed the Offer to Purchase on 21st May and have been told the 12th June, 15th July 18th July, 31st July and now "we don't know when it will arrive". Very frustrating and has really taken the excitement away. Should of bought the Touareg as was the original choice!!!!

Does 'Because it’s a factory order' (although nothing out of the norm) sound familiar to anybody?

You are doing well. I thought I was doing the right thing and buying local (WA) as I could have got the same deal in NSW and had it delivered in 12 days. I signed the Offer to Purchase on 21st May and have been told the 12th June, 15th July 18th July, 31st July and now "we don't know when it will arrive". Very frustrating and has really taken the excitement away. Should of bought the Touareg as was the original choice!!!!

Does 'Because it’s a factory order' (although nothing out of the norm) sound familiar to anybody?

I bought the KX-R in May; I was going to buy it in July, but the Grande was written off and there was almost no Grandes in WA in May and couldn't get an exact replacement. The dealer I originally bought the Grande from had exactly the spec in the KX-R I was looking for. They also had a large shipment arriving in July, one of which was the exact specification of Grande I wanted, so I bought the KX-R and ordered the Grande.

They knew exactly when they would have the car as there was a shipment arriving early July; every other dealer I had checked with was also receiving cars from that shipment. That shipment was, however, already ordered in May. Unless your dealer was hoping to get the right car from that shipment without actually ordering from the factory, that may explain what happened. From what I have seen, the shipments appear to arrive every 3 months. I would cancel my order and go somewhere else rather than wait another 3 months.

Edited by Mikeyboy

They assure me its somewhere, they just don't know where! It was ordered on May 21st so should be on the latest ship to arrive (the one you car was on). I have seen the stock order so I know it exists. I am not sure if its Toyota or the dealer that is the problem.

If I have no delivery date by the end of next week I will take your advice and cancel my order. I have been informed that you can't cancel within three months of signing. We shall see. The waiting continues.........

DEAR ALL,

Finally got my Grande after 4 weeks wait.. Went over all the switches and dials with the sales rep in the showroom. not exactly the perfect weather to get the car but watever.. happy with everything n the sales rep actually showed that the headunit has treble, mids n bass controls.. hmm mayb they r standard.. n the speaker output is not realli too bad.. may juz replace the factory speakers with FOCALS n put in some amps becos i tink i wont be putting any Tweaking control interface because there isn't much space to stick another control unit at the dash. Am happy with everything so far but fingers crossed everything goes well.. Catchya guys soon..

Cheers ;)

To Grande TRD congrats ! I had to wait 3 months for my Grande FWD (got it last week)but it was worth the wait..Its been a great vehicle to drive so far.Cant work out were the compass is though !Not sure if we have one as is says in the brochure.

DEAR ALL,

Cheers ;)

To Grande TRD congrats ! I had to wait 3 months for my Grande FWD (got it last week)but it was worth the wait..Its been a great vehicle to drive so far.Cant work out were the compass is though !Not sure if we have one as is says in the brochure.

no compass because you have Sat Nav, I asked the dealer

Tanks for the well wishes everyone.. Been a great ride for me so far.. Clocked 300km over the weekend.. Just urban drivin n got the avg fuel readings to abt 13L/100km.. Well to me, I feel that putting on cruise most of the time wud actually prevent the engine from 'abusing' the fuel tank.. lol.. well will keep monitoring on the fuel consumption. i love my ebony coloured exterior with beige interior.. its a good blend.. I purchased the car on 30th may. Sales rep said they should have one with my choice of colours.. So i signed the contract but terms were "Subject to availability".. In the end, they called me a few days later and told me that it was going to be a 8-12 weeks wait as they had to order to make from the factory.. was not happy with that and demanded my refund of the initial downpayment as sales rep has mentioned that if he can't get it in a week or so, i could get my downpayment.. in the end, went thru the whole drama and they told me 4 weeks.. which was pretty close and i was happy.. they gave me my consignment number to check the status of the car on the Toyota's website. Followed closely and everything turned out fine. So here I am, a proud happy owner.. Only thing which pisses me off is that the aux cable is now an option for the Grande.. &^*$@.. As well as the agony of squeezing the vehicle to a space-constrained garage.. oh well.. i guess there isn't anything in this world which is 100% satisfactory.. Another thing which i'm not really pleased is that there is a factory defect on the vinyl of my car.. a stretch mark of the vinyl just below the Start/Stop button.. not really visible but it annoys me.. Asked the sales rep on the day i picked up my car and he said it was a manufacturer's fault and to ask Toyota. What shud i do guys? I will post the pics of my car soon.. just did paint and interior protection and tinting of 2 windows for my ride.. looks immaculate.. sorry for being a proud owner guys.. My 1st brand new ride:P

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up our new Crystal Pearl Grande AWD on Friday morning and drove it home from Perth to Geraldton (420k's) later that afternoon Having ordered it on the 21st May it has been a long wait but well worth waiting for.

What a lovely car and what a great drive home. It sticks like glue to the road and passes road trains like they are standing still. With 200 killer wasps under the bonnet it certainly a lot of fun.

Glad to be part of the club. An eventually satisfied new Toyota owner.

• 4 months later...

Hi There!

This is my first time to post here. I've been reading all the articles here and doing my own research

as well and found out that no SUV is perfect. But still Kluger was has an edge to other SUV out there.

Im going to pick up our KX-R on the 17th December.

Thanks for all the info guys

Cheers!